Reviews for Nothing Like This
SapphireSecret chapter 1 . 9/9/2013
Very good story. I like the take on McCoy. Nicely written.
Abibliophobia chapter 1 . 2/7/2013
This is just lovely :-)
Doni chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Really nice look into Bones.
Nonny chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Oh, whoops, that previous guest was me. The perils of being a forgetful anonymous commenter, I suppose.
Also, those random threes were supposed to be hearts. Hm.
Crack Muse chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Missed this!

the fuck it suddenly pop up from?! I can't beleive I didn't get this update.

So, anyway.

McCoy here. I feel is.. different. it's very concentrated.

Ah, mail. interesting concept, not one I've seen done much.

I guess you would kind of live for moments like this isolated out in space with no family contact.

I kinda want to feel sorry for Leonard here, he's looking after the crew because they need him at this time, but who's there for him? and I dunno, I guess I'd feel sad ifI didn't get any mail.

Maybe I'm reading this wrong.

I'm glad that Jim's mom likes McCoy enough to include him on Jims letters. Also, I like that she's in the fleet. makes things a bit fresh and different.

I loved the bit where he's likened them all to family members, it gave me a warm fuzzy like you wouldn't believe!

I loved this line here "He doesn't fall all over himself to please someone the minute that they express the slightest dislike of him. If the hobgoblin doesn't like him, that's just fine. He doesn't have to like him."

It's pretty much the epitomy of their relationship right the follow on says it all and it tugged something inside me. Hard, damnit.

Ahhh Nyota. I can't resist having a tiny fangirl moment everytime she appears in one of your fics. Ooooh, I love her so much, and the imagery of the dress and those legs is just gorgeous. mmmmmmmm yes.

mmmm just imagining southern gent McCoy twirling Uhura around the dancefloor. definitely an image I'm going to try and savour for the next week.

awww, wonder who put him to bed? Sometimes I do wonder. Being a doctor on a ship must be hard. I mean, most of the time, the captain's and first officer's work would be fairly standard and steady, with the odd manic bit here and there, but the more I think about it, the more I wonder how much work the medical bay must get.

sorry, ruminating.

Oh. and Joss? Wow, that's unexpected.

I like that he realises he's changed, but not in minute details... like some stuff's changed, but you can't pinpoint exactly what and when. I get the feeling sometimes.

Thank you for this! Made my day!

xx
And I Am Undone chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
I've missed reading you, but had to stop for a while because of too many feels and stress in your angsty Spirk. (Trying to avoid stress for health reasons what with the heart attack & high blood pressure...)

This one looked somewhat stress-free (it was, for me) but still had plenty of feels. Great introspection for Bones, and as always, you really understand the mind of the characters. Loved it.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
I could give you a coherent, thoughtful comment about how you managed to weave together all these tiny episodes into a beautiful narrative of a character arc, etc. etc., or I could tell you what my thoughts on this piece really boil down to, which is "3".

I love Bones, and that you love him too is obvious. I love this piece, and I love that it's introspective and about relationships, without being about a Relationship (not that I don't adore your slash pieces-I have told you that you single-handedly made me ship Spones, right? Because that's a fact). Introspection is gorgeous, especially your flavor of it.

winterrose chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
A very thoughtful piece - there's more to McCoy than the usual "I'm a doctor, not a ..."

Thanks very much.
Sano S. Sagara chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
you sir... you.
I would read the chalkboard after you got detention and had to write "I am a twit" ten thousand times, you're that fantastic.
Gixxer Pilot chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I'm going to go ahead and second Bookdragon01 - I positively love your work. The progression here is fabulous. I love the 'snapshot' feel that I get reading this story. It's almost like I'm watching McCoy as he looks through a photo album of the past 18 years. Perfectly subtle and well-executed. Well done!
Botsey chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
There are so many sidesto 'Bones' and you have touched quite a few. Thank you for a great piece of writing based on fiendship, comradary and trust.

Botsey
Sirius-Black-is-not-dead chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I love McCoy, it is wonderful that he did find many things that he values. :) Great perspective fic!
bookdragon01 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I don't know what everyone else is after, but I think this piece is superb and would be very happy with more like it.
Obsessive66 chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
I enjoyed it - thank you.
Cirrat chapter 1 . 10/10/2012
Ah, character evolution without slash and overabundance of fluff! Refreshing!

I think I might worship you a bit.

(And I love McCoy, both Urban's and Kelley's)

(And now that got me thinking - what if they met and everybody would just assume that they're relatives? Maybe I will write it one day, after I am done with the contests...)