Reviews for Perspective
Lucillia chapter 37 . 12/21/2016
This has been interesting, and I can't wait to see where you take it from here.
Lucillia chapter 1 . 12/20/2016
Is it just me, or are you using "Commissary" incorrectly? I always thought the word was synonymous with "Cafeteria" much like "Canteen" is. Is there a military usage that I'm not familiar with?
Guest chapter 1 . 10/14/2016
Wonderful fic! I love everything about this story :)
EndlessBlue chapter 37 . 9/19/2016
I just binged this in two days. I have so much to praise you for - the plot, the OCs, the Star Wars feel, the unique and creative descriptions of the Force - but the main highlight of this amazing story is Thrawn. The characterization is so incredibly spot-on. He's crafty and ruthless and polite and curious and deeply ethical in his own way as he moves toward his endgame. Pellaeon was a joy to read as well, not to mention all of your OCs. I was worried in the beginning that Aria was turning Mary Sue on me, but then you pulled off a great plot twist regarding her fellow Force-users, and then built an incredibly engaging story off of it.

Luke was also very in character, and I have to give you extra big kudos for that since he's my favorite. I'm excited to see how he and Thrawn interact.

It's been less than a year since your last update. That means there's hope for more, right? RIGHT? I'll be obsessively checking my inbox for story alerts. I can't wait to see how you twine your plot with the rest of Zahn's trilogy. (And the hints of an Aria/Thrawn pairing are so intriguing that it's killing me not to know how exactly that all goes down.)

Please don't leave this one abandoned!
scoobyice8 chapter 37 . 5/8/2016
Wow, this story is incredible! I just read the whole things I can't believe I haven't read this before! I love all your OCs, they're such interesting and layered characters, and I adore Aria's first person perspective. The painting is such an inventive force ability, I wish I could do that! I can't wait to see what happens next, I hope they eventually save Thrawn, I actually cried when he dies in Last Command!
ImperialGirl chapter 37 . 3/24/2016
Okay, as should be clear from my taking 14 years to update my own fic I have NO leg to stand on, but I very much hope this isn't dead/incomplete and more will be coming soon! SO well-written and a fascinating take on my favorite character. And since I paint I love that way of looking at the Force. I hope you are planning to keep working on this.
jason864 sg-1 chapter 37 . 1/9/2016
More moooooorrrreeeee :) As usual awesome
Belenor chapter 37 . 12/25/2015
I read everything up to here just now. I liked that you are telling the story through the eyes of a normal person thrown into extraordinary circumstances, and how you fleshed out the personalities of your OCs. The actions and motivations both for the OCs and the canon characters seemed plausible and realistic so far.
There were some phrases here and there that read a bit awkward to me, e.g. "He felt bad about condemning anyone to death, nevertheless the horrible freezing pain of hard vacuum" in chapter 35. I guess you meant to say never mind there instead of nevertheless. But that's mostly me being nitpicky, this story is still miles above average in terms of grammar, style and content.
Guest chapter 37 . 12/21/2015
Aaaa! You updated, you updated!
zedille chapter 37 . 12/7/2015
Glad to see another chapter from you! I'm really excited to see where you'll be taking this story now you're committing to the AU. Luke is very much himself, maddeningly so to Aria who fundamentally doesn't understand him, I think - and now I think about it, his optimistic Luke-ness can probably be difficult for people who are coming from other places. Interesting hints about what's going on outside the apartment, esp re Thrawn's inaction (no one knows what's going on in that head of his) and Fey'lya's political shenanigans. With all we know about Aria, we have some idea of what Luke needs from her, but what does he need from C'baoth? I look forward to finding out :)
Dainchi chapter 37 . 11/28/2015
Excellent chapter, really, really hoping we'll get to See more of this
grovepjp chapter 37 . 11/13/2015
Tx
Hoplite39 chapter 37 . 11/12/2015
Good to see another chapter for this story.

I enjoyed the part about the Imperial invasion of Aria's world and her enforced conscription. The conscription scene reminded me very much of the Hunger Games (one of my favourite movies) when Katniss became a tribute. You even used the work "mockinglyly" which is close to mockingjay. I dont know if it was intended or just a coincidence.

The battle of wills between Luke and Aria continues. Both seems to have one foot in and one foot out of their respectives camps, which is probably why they can relate. There is nueatral ground between them.

The rebels cannot be doing themselves a favour by accusing Aria of crimes she couldn't have commtted. Even many Republicans must be skeptical about such claims and it does not support the view that the Republic is a force for good.
Anon chapter 37 . 11/11/2015
Yay! It's been so long i thought you'd abandoned this!
A good chapter as always :)
I think you really got the paternal persistence of the jedi perfect, I always found them to be more concerned about fate and the bigger picture than individual autonomy and choice. :)
msvda chapter 37 . 11/11/2015
Such complex characters! Loved your update.