Reviews for Utterly Barbaric
Jubis.x chapter 53 . 5/9
Hello! Is this continuing? This last chapter seem to have put the story back in the tracks. Please finish it!
SNL31 chapter 53 . 3/20
Have you abandoned this? I do hope you come back and finish it.
FeliceB chapter 44 . 8/7/2017
The last few chapters have been more difficult to follow. I am very impressed with your writing so far, so I will continue to read, but I have not been able to get a handle on what is going on and it has impacted on the reading experience. I trust that you have a good vision, but there is a balance that can be struck between mystery and emotion, if you are not going to make the details clear let us latch onto the characters instead. Still love your story.
FeliceB chapter 35 . 8/7/2017
I think my favourite parts in the last few chapters have been when we are inside SS's head. I would love to see more of his struggle/thoughts. Is it weird that I find his self loathing sexy?
FeliceB chapter 33 . 8/7/2017
Well, I am still reading. I did not review because I was reading from my phone. I think the way you communicated Hermione's exhaustion was effective and very compelling.
Dec chapter 38 . 8/7/2017
Collin or Dennis? I preferred your other writing style, not that there is anything wrong with this, it is just not a perfect fit for this story. Maybe write a new tale in this fragmented style.
FeliceB chapter 14 . 7/31/2017
"She knew nothing, certainly not a little bit of sleeping potion, was worth waking the menace that was Mrs. Black's portrait." I could picture this so well, Hermione with her eyes narrowed, her mouth pinched, annoyed to be denied the satisfaction of a good strop but being just to practical to pay the piper for the tantrum.

Small error I picked up... I think you mean that Sullivan will go spare, not sparse, but really your writing is generally so well polished I feel like an arsehole for bringing it up.

Yeah, I can see a grumpy Snape, the flickering firelight illuminating that impressive nose! I want to slap him and give him a hug. Thanks for another great installment.
FeliceB chapter 13 . 7/28/2017
Ron! Come on! You're gonna break her heart and you had to burn her notes too. Did I mention that you are a wonderful writer? I normally do not review every chapter (or every second chapter) but I really wanted you to know how enchanting I am finding this story.
FeliceB chapter 12 . 7/27/2017
Dear author, that chapter was a work of art. The antagonism and the very unwillingly forged connection, you conveyed so well without being so crass as to spell it out. I am enjoying every chapter of this story.
FeliceB chapter 11 . 7/27/2017
You write both of your main characters just so beautifully!
FeliceB chapter 10 . 7/23/2017
Oh no! You capture the tableau very well with words. I could see it. Another chapter that makes me go, "Awwwww poor Ron" and then "Severus to the rescue!" but I do suspect SS transition for haranguing to hero might take some time. Put I will enjoy every word of the way. Great writing.
FeliceB chapter 8 . 7/23/2017
Have I mentioned how great the quotes are that you put at the top of the chapters? This one sent me off to look up Milton Freidman, interesting stance on movies as money cows rather than art. Anyhoo...
I am glad I am not reading this chapter right after it was posted, the cliff hanger might just kill me. But great work on the slow reveal, it is really fun.
FeliceB chapter 7 . 7/23/2017
What a nice idea, to incorporate how a marriage law will affect more diverse couples. I could be shocked that you are not JK Rowling, you write so well. **big toothy grin***
FeliceB chapter 6 . 7/22/2017
Wow! She had the book the whole time! And she sent him letters confessing! I did not see that coming!

...Snape ignoring her letters was much more predictable, but the idea that if he had just opened them she would have credited him with everything is delicious.

I am really enjoying your story.
FeliceB chapter 5 . 7/22/2017
Once again a short chapter that was surprisingly full. Oh Ron, Ron, Ron. I always feel terrible for him not being able to 'get' Hermione but their pairing is like the worst idea in fiction. So I know his disappointment in love will be the bitter medicine that he nevertheless needs.