Reviews for Utterly Barbaric
spellbook chapter 24 . 6/20/2013
Great story so far! I'm at the edge of my seat and can't wait to see how things turn out. In particular, I'm excited to learn the true motivation of the people behind the marriage law - it must be something deeper than just controlling peoples lives. Maybe someone is dying and needs a transplant and needs as much genetic diversity as possible to find the right match? Or some muggleborn has gone megalomanic and wants to wipe out the purebloods? Anyways, keep up the great work!
becstar64 chapter 29 . 6/20/2013
I really like this story- it's unique, and I particularly liked the way you wrote Hermione's relationships with Ron and Snape.

However, this story is up to chapter 29 and it feels like not much has happened yet, no marriage law instated, not much interaction with Snape? ls this meant to be a really long story?
I'm also a bit confused by some parts (although I began reading it a while and and may have forgotten some details). Why was the ministry free to go after Hermione when she had not done anything wrong yet? Surely they have SOME sort of accountability?
dragoon109 chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
You educate a man; you educate a man. You educate a woman; you educate a generation."
Brigham Young

you know that saying isnt nessarly true. men can do the same
Gabi1994 chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
The minor characters are what really bring the story to life, for some reason I really really liked the bit with Mr. Cattermole. dunno why, it stuck with me. and can I just say I do love that crochety old elf. more than anything. he's a beautiful creature.
Guest chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
this was a great chapter and very fast update. McGonagall story was very interesting. JKR mentioned on her website? wow!
katerinka80 chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
An absolute YES for multiple POVs! I so love to get to see things through many people's eyes!

Where, where, WHERE on Earth is Granger and Shacklebolt?

Molly was somewhat of an idiot. Can't she grasp the concept of keeping her cards to herself? Or more like, keeping the cards OF OTHERS to herself? I get that she's angry, but, come on, woman, openly opposing the Ministry this early in the game...? Bragging of inside contacts, thus possibly ruining the chances of others whose family may be more severely affected by the coming laws? Poorly played Molly, poorly played.
onecelestialbeing chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
300th reviewer whoohoo! honestly I love how you're going so anything you do is just fine with me. Ahh Severus, Severus, Severus, what are we going to do with you?
Guest chapter 11 . 6/19/2013
The tick analogy was quite brilliant, and definitely fitting to Snape's way of thinking. The parasites themselves are quite common to many parts of the world. If there's plant life, there are ticks. Deer ticks, dog ticks, lone star ticks (look kinda like their version of a black widow spider), politics... Is it a coincidence that "poly" is latin for many, and ticks are blood sucking parasites..? Just wondering...

Take care, and happy writing! You're doing fabulously so far! :D
Rachel chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
You are making emmanuel to powerful in an after Voldemort world. Like he could disarm Molly like that is pretty unfathomable. i like he works in secret but he isn't the minister and even the CIA has limits. They don't break into people homes they stalk. I think you you need to back way off the unrealisticness of his power and who listens to him. The beginning doesn't give him a job with a whole amount of power or resources especially to trump Kingsley. Even as brainless as the Military we listen only to those in our direct chain of command and all orders must go through them. Another persons unit is not commanded by another unit unless higher command such as president/ minister puts you in their unit. So that's my big beef with the story so far. Its almost like your into much in a hurry, it was going well but then you became a cheap sci-fi
viola1701e chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
Ah, love Kreacher, hes even more snarky than Severus Snape on a bad day! So the hunt for Hermione Granger is well on its way and heating up. If only Molly Weasley could keep her big mouth shut lol!
Artemis of Ephesus chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
I've read so much SSHG fanficiton over the years, and a lot of it marriage law stuff, so it really surprises me when I find another fic that's brilliantly written and has such an original take on the whole theme that I get sucked into it straight away. I really like this, I do. It's clever, intriguing and above all really quite creepy. I can't wait to see where you go with it. :)
Amarenima Redwood chapter 29 . 6/19/2013
Minor character POV's. Just not a lot.
notlori925 chapter 28 . 6/16/2013
Just re-read this story so I could recall the entire thing. Wow! I forgot how exciting it was! I couldn't stop reading and was on the edge of my seat. Now you leave us hanging. I am waiting excitedly to see who broke in to Grimmauld and where Hermione and Kingsley went to. Cannot wait for more!
onecelestialbeing chapter 28 . 6/12/2013
OH DAMN I COULD KILL YOU! ah the beginning made me laugh, whoops?
Starcrier chapter 28 . 6/12/2013
Poor Kreacher! I can't wait for more!

456 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »