Reviews for Utterly Barbaric
Amarenima Redwood chapter 19 . 11/25/2012
This was great! I love what George did!
amr chapter 19 . 11/25/2012
Very interesting. I'm not sure what all the potion research means (except that fairy wings might be useful if Hermione gets caught and doesn't want to get pregnant?), but I trust you, now, that all this will come together brilliantly in the course of the story. I very much liked the huge noses and the title quotation from JKR's latest opus. And something tells me that Lucy's new crush is blond and somewhat tanned...
amr chapter 16 . 11/25/2012
I'd lost track of this story and I'm re-reading, but I wanted to add a review to this chapter just to say, if I didn't on my first read, how very much I enjoyed the P&P references in this chapter, from the actual paraphrases to the larger mirroring of Elizabeth's change of heart. Nicely done!
Stella limegood chapter 19 . 11/25/2012
Love this fic- also I really love how your typing other characters like George beside Serverus & Herms. And I love how you aren't rushing it either. The story is developing really nicely! Can't wait ti read more!
Guest chapter 19 . 11/25/2012
Very nice chapter. No one likes delay, but they are unavoidable.

The Dennis-George meeting was awesome. No one has done that before I believe!
viola1701e chapter 19 . 11/25/2012
oh, poor Severus the avenging angel went to Gringotts and to the patent office and found that Hermione told him the truth...and that there is nothing to avenge.
chronic-overshare chapter 18 . 11/23/2012
Great story! Update soon!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/20/2012
This is an excellent fic - do write soon!
brandstifterin chapter 18 . 11/8/2012
Glad I found this! Interesting take on the marriage law and I look forward to reading more :)
Moi chapter 18 . 11/7/2012
The title of this chapter, "The best laid plans", does it indicate that they won't QUITE turn out the way they thought?
By the way, it's the Holyhead Harpies, not the Hollywood Harpies.
While I didn't understand all of Hermione's notes, they are rather interesting. Same goes for her assessment or fears what the magical public is like in general.
Excellent new chapter, though it has a slight feel of an intermediate chapter, of preparing for what is bound to come next.
I am so looking forward to the next day at work at the hospital. I wonder who the blond, tanned wizard is?
Cheers,
Moi
wintersalad chapter 15 . 11/7/2012
I think you did Molly right. She never really was what I would call a fair woman. I could even say she isn't what I'd call kind either. I think you did her just right. I feel Hermione's anger, frustration, guilt, and sadness.
wintersalad chapter 13 . 11/7/2012
Notes? What notes? I hope it's not her memory notes - I thought those were with Severus. But I wonder now, since you pointed it out. How did the fire start anyways? Curious.
wintersalad chapter 12 . 11/7/2012
Haha, I knew it! Hermione would never do something that went against her code of conduct. I can't wait to see Severus's reaction when he finds out he had rights all along and when he discovers her new brilliant research on memories without having to use his input!
wintersalad chapter 6 . 11/7/2012
I'm not sure there's anything to feel guilty over. Yes, Hermione has his old potions textbook. And yes, her new breakthrough was due to a hint Severus wrote on the margins of the text. However, it was just one word. Even if, say, he wrote out a theory, a theory because obviously he never got around to actually working it out, they weren't technically notes. Severus really has no legal claim to Hermione's work at all. If, on the other hand, he actually worked out his theories, he can claim his work has been stolen, because Hermione didn't credit him. Even then, however, she was the one who eventually worked it out, on her own, and published her findings first. To that end, Hermione would still be the receiving the credit of the discovery, whether or not the inspiration was found elsewhere, because she was the one who found the solution. I mean, yes, a few people may frown on her behavior, questioning her morals and ethics, but in the end, Severus shouldn't be able to say that the research was his - it isn't. It really really isn't. Unless, of course, you added more in the next few chapters that say he did do the preliminary research, in which case, she did steal his notes. But in this chapter, it just feels as if Severus is being unreasonable due to feeling cheated. Which is petty, but we all know Severus is tend to pettiness at times. But the reason I feel this is unlikely is because Hermione would have credited him if that was the case - it's just not her code of conduct to not give credit where credit is due. You mention her trying to offer sharing royalties and credit of her research (her research), but in the end gave up when she was rebuffed too many times. I feel the only way she would have been able to gone through with it was if that technicality existed - she would still feel guilt and shame for it, but she could live with her actions, because legally she did no wrong. It is mainly a matter of ethics and morals.
terrier2468 chapter 18 . 11/4/2012
As well as Team Granger seem to think they've planned this all out, I honestly do not believe that marrying her long time best friend and one time boyfriend is casting her as enough of a martyr for anyone to care. It's Ron for heavens sake! They're going to need someone a lot more controversial and someone that she'd never have considered or had a possibility of being with outside of this. Someone who's automatically seen as a negative person in society's view, especially as husband material for such a promising young, beautiful girl. ...Someone rather like Severus Snape, now that you mention it. But that is rather the point, is it not? ;) Well, it at least raises the point the Ron is clearly not the guy with the answers to her problems by any means! Can't wait to read more!
See ya next chapter!