Reviews for Utterly Barbaric
terrier2468 chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
I feel a little torn in this one. I appreciate and love that you write the Weasleys all so well, but I still kinda hate them here. Not completely, but I'm definetely not on their side of this. I suppose we are supposed to be sympathizing with Hermione anyway, though, so I don't feel too bad about that! It's just..I know Ron was upset and had some right to be angry, but it is rather his fault that he didn't realize it before. Hermione's to blame for not ending it sooner, but Ron should have known by now that they are two different people that want very different things. And oh, her research. I literally felt that loss as a small pang in my chest. All that work, plus everything it stands for and meant for her future.. Gone, in a puff of smoke. Rather literally I might add. I don't know why exactly, but the loss of all that work and as a result, the loss of opportunity to go get her parents for a while (if ever), it just hurts more than anything else about the breakup or the marriage law... Snape's treatment of her is worse, but I fully enjoy reading all about that! Oh, on that note, I missed him this chapter. I understand why he wasn't in here, but still. Hopefully he finally finds those letters! Haha.. Couldn't he have just asked Minerva for the one she was to give him? Or did he throw that one in the pile as well? Haha.. He's got a LONG night ahead of him if he's looking to find them all! Anywho, thanks for the update!

See ya next chapter,
Fiona
orlando switch chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Sounds all very realistic to me. Though Molly is acting in a way a sort of selfish, I do agree that it probably works better for all of them, including Hermione, to leave there at this moment. And I am glad she and Ron still have some sort of understanding. How's Snape doing in the mean time with his 600 letters? I really am afraid the content of most of them won't do much for his already sunny dispostion.
SweetNothingness chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Next chapter please! God I'd had a rubbish night and your writing cheered me right up, thank you! More more more!
makaem chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Well done, Molly has pulled this sort of thing before in the books. I am thinking of the Easter eggs and how small it was. She didn't forget, but she made her unhappiness known. I bet she would be a lousy tipper.
Amarenima Redwood chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
This was a good but short chapter! I can't wait for the next one.
CRMediaGal chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Molly's treatment of Hermione was still painful (and infuriating), even if it was to be expected. To dismiss her like that after bringing her into the family years before was gut-wrenching to read. I'm glad Hermione has Ginny and Harry on her side. Please update soon! (By the way, I was a little confused in the beginning because you mentioned Fred sitting outside of Ron's hospital room, not George. Just a head's up!)
Modges chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Overprotective Molly is spot on, I think. I still find it hard to sympathize with her, though, because her tendency to blame Hermione for Ron's immaturity and insecurities instead of seeing that the problem lies within Ron himself. Molly is the original mother who thinks her children are perfect and it's always someone else's fault when something goes wrong, no matter what. And Molly's shown that she's quick to believe the worst of Hermione, as the books show when she clearly believed Rita Skeeter's lies about Hermione stringing both Viktor and Harry along in her Prophet articles. It never even seemed to occur to her to even consider that it might not be true. Sad, really. As for Professor Snape, I hope he can see what an arse he was when he discovers that Hermione did indeed try to contact him repeatedly, that she did give him his fair share of both the credit and the galleons.
cutemara chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
God, I've always hated Molly!
Lily of the Shadow chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Wow, that was fast :) I think you did a good job with Molly in this chapter. I can understand her reticence with Hermione at this point, and I'm glad you didn't have her fly into an utter rage like I've seen some do. Well handled chapter; I look forward to more!
heartmom88 chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Well, I guess that went about as well as one could expect. No matter how you paint it, it's an incredibly awkward situation.

How's Severus doing with his reading material?

Thanks for posting-
hm88
hnwhitlock2000 chapter 15 . 10/25/2012
Poor Hermione! Some people just do not listen.
terrier2468 chapter 14 . 10/25/2012
I love this soo much! I've been really into Snape/Hermione fics for a little while now, but this one I already know is one of my favorites! Seriously, it's really good! Only problem is that I'm finding that this story is rather addictive and now I need more. Like now. No really...now. Please, I'm begging you! I know you posted the most recent chapter within 24 hours of me writing this, but still. I'm dying thinking of having to wait. I need more grumpy Severus and heartbroken Hermione! ...and I suppose some direly injured Ron.. Though he doesn't pique my interest very much in comparison. You write him well though, just FYI. I haven't seen him written that way before and I actually rather liked it! Plus that's saying something 'cause just in case you couldn't already tell, Ron's not particularly my favorite character in the world even though I respect his position as one of the golden trio and all that jazz. Anywho, hope to see a new chapter in my inbox very soon! Pretty please?
Love from,
Fiona
Blastoise chapter 14 . 10/24/2012
I like that Snape is pretty much a nut in this story. I like that he's done things that are "Snape-ish" like ignoring mail or being an a-hole in general. But the fact that his actions have had far reaching repercussions like not getting recognition and misinterpreting some people's reactions are a really nice touch. An issue that I've often had with stories is that he's been painted as almost clairvoyant, deep insight into human nature, and almost inhuman when it comes to that enigmatic veil that's often put up to divide him from other characters. Or others paint him as far too detached, socially awkward and unloved but I think you've found the healthy balance between all of that. I love your characterization of him and Ron is just perfect. I love this story and I can't wait to read more from you :)
Lily of the Shadow chapter 14 . 10/24/2012
I quite look forward to reading more of this. I love the set-up so far, the pacing has been good. I hope you update regularly; I'll be following :)
makaem chapter 13 . 10/24/2012