Reviews for The Shadow Proves the Sunshine
moonshadow2012 chapter 1 . 4/20
I love the humor and the comradeship you put into this one. I especially love the last argument. It was great.
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Great story! :)
sockie1000 chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
aw, thanks so much for writing me a birthday story!

and it was Billy suffering in the dark! whohoo! with a cranky, guilty Casey to boot! what a nice bonus! :D

I loved it, of course. And I can identify with Casey begrduging getting older more than I care to admit. I also liked Casey's musings on light and dark.

favorite parts:

Casey had always preferred the dark.

He liked the anonymity. He liked the seclusion. He liked that he could do what needed to be done with no questions asked. There were no rules, no regulation, no red tape. The dark offered a freedom that no light ever could.

But it came with a price. The dark consumed and controlled; it offered no escape and threatened to hold you forever.

- so true.

Doctors were important, Casey had to concede, but he didn't like them. The only person who was justified in having a God complex was him – maybe Michael – everyone else just shouldn't try.

- lol! the "just shouldn't try" kills me. :D but at least he conceeds that maybe Michael can have a complex, too.

and do I even need to say I loved the whump? and nice, severe whump at that!

so thank you for the lovely gift, my friend. :)
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
The ending was utterly lovely. The suffering frustratingly sad and wonderful and so Casey and Billy.

Bravo.
MazokuTenshi chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Amazing as always, dear. You captured them wonderfully and I honestly feel like it's just another episode of the series. You know, where they're all facing mortal peril but still, somehow, have this companionship and witty banter to counterbalance all the angst that is bound to happen.

I always love how you got Michael's deviousness and obvious concern for everyone, Rick's naivety and desire to help, Billy's Billyness, and Casey guilt-tripping himself to the point where everyone has to set him straight.

Everything's beautiful and I'm so happy you're keeping these boys alive! :)