Reviews for The One That Got Away
G.AND R.Forever chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
I liked this chapter. I like the way it was written and I like the realism of it. You've really drawn me in. I can't wait to find out what happens next.
CatchMex13 chapter 5 . 11/27/2012
Very good chapter. I can't wait to find out what went down between Quinn and Rachel. Intriguing chapter as usual.
iu-atticus chapter 4 . 11/8/2012
Wow, I slacked with getting a review out for this. School is just a little too crazy at the moment and I needed a second to breathe. So why not plunge into an alternate reality for a little while? Anyway, I love the way you're introducing the snippets of the past mixed with the present. It creates a unique pace and perspective because as you're learning what's happened, you're getting to see the emotional struggles in response to those memories when we get a chapter immersed in the present.

No predictions on my part yet. Sometimes I just truly like to keep my mind at bay from speculating so I can enjoy the story as it's presented to me. So I'm looking forward to when you're able to get an update posted whenever that might be. Again, nice job. Cheers.
G.AND R.Forever chapter 4 . 10/30/2012
I really like how this is going. I really wanna get to the lake house part
w1cked chapter 4 . 10/29/2012
Great update, and I loved the ending. Hope this means they are together. Look forward to the next update.
CatchMex13 chapter 4 . 10/29/2012
Found this chapter really entertaining but very sweet at the same time. It makes me want to know even more how they went from this to the modern day situation! And the Quinntana bromance gets better each time.
iu-atticus chapter 3 . 10/25/2012
I think we can forgive you for the shortness of the chapter. As after all, this is necessary to the build up we're all anticipating, right?

Moving on... Your interactions between Quinn and Santana just feel right. The dynamic is certainly there and it flows easily. I also loved the idea of Santana just being ridiculously loud in the mornings. It just seems fitting with her personality.

The pink hair dye. I quite love this and it makes me think of the things most of us fall back on when we encounter trying times, as most people have something specific that helps them cope with those emotions and situations. My interest is certainly piqued in wondering if we'll learn of some of these moments where Quinn has fallen back on the hair dye to cope, and not just the ones that center around Rachel (unless all of those moments DO revolve around her). This chapter provided a nice foreboding feeling that we're soon enough going to be experiencing those tumultuous times. Nice job and looking forward to your next update. Cheers.
jchris7 chapter 3 . 10/23/2012
Santana being the loudest person on earth is cute and very in character lol.

Quinn with the pink hair again, oh my. It intrigued me what could happened that cause her to hide and become someone else.
w1cked chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
Just caught up on all three chapters and enjoyed each one. Looking forward to the next part.
CatchMex13 chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
Love the quinntana interaction, and foreshadowing as to what happened in the past. Can't wait to see how events played out and led to the current situation. Keep up the good work!
Guest chapter 3 . 10/22/2012
Love the quinntana interaction, and foreshadowing as to what happened in the past. Can't wait to see what actually went on there. Keep up the good work!
jchris7 chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
Love this story, especially the present day ad flashback format.

Poor Quinn makes me sad, girl is so in love with Rachel. Can't wait to see what goes wrong during their last summer.
hoodie333 chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
This was a great chapter. I'm really interested in seeing what happened between Quinn and Rachel. Thank you for the update and I can't wait to read the next chapter.
justanothermarionette chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
love
iu-atticus chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
Hm. I must say, thus far you've got me hooked and I'm really beginning to wonder about the grand scheme of things.

Anyway, you've done well with writing and capturing the emotion here in this chapter. Sometimes when I read fic and even in my own writing, at times it can be hard to capture a singular emotion let alone adding a few others into the mix. But this flowed well and it was like I could feel the tension build up and then the release of the weight off of Quinn's shoulders when the time came. So nice job with that. I also liked the small infusion of humor (which I'm guessing you're from somewhere in the UK with the use of 'u' humour. Adorable, btw) with Quinn quipping Rachel could start with the owed cup of coffee. Nice little touch.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the present develop and see the past come to light to better understand the situation. It's always enjoyable when there's a backstory we get to learn and experience as you present it. Nice job and I'm looking forward to seeing you develop this story. Cheers.