Reviews for A Matter Of Race And Character
CatalystCtrl98 chapter 19 . 11/17
I can't stop reading!

Had to unglue myself from my phone to force myself a brief reprieve from this marvelous masterpiece and owe up to this stunning work. This particular fandom is a veritable treasure trove of awesomeness left and right. I am just . . . ecstatic for stumbling into this one. Well, I unwittingly started with the end of the Vereen and Ethan arc! Didn't take me long to dig deeper. (Pardon the adjectives).

I cannot express how refreshing this plot is. A romance, but not overly so. Flashy . . . without guns! This a wonderful spin on the deepest side character's of the games. Your author's note at the start of all this describes exactly what I was looking for. Not many people seem willing to venture out to spin a story around a female turian and expertly so. Not a single pitfall that so often plagues other works occurred here.

For a story centered around an entire cast of OC's, the character development was phenomenal. I was instantly hooked on Valni. Known characters like Kenneth retained the charm that made them so memorable in the first place and then some. In many interspecies romances, it seems like the writer fell asleep at the helm and forgot that the pair are completely alien to each other! Sometimes, it's like they're completely human. Here, the right balance was struck to make the romance feasible yet keep the mutual alien-ness intact. Already, that is a giant plus. Complete? You bet your ass I'm doing a reading marathon till pink-eye do us part.

This story offers an engaging take on the relations between turians and humans as a whole. The military maneuvers, the sense of duty, and comradery are all present. I haven't even gotten to the amazingly shocking turn of events presented in this chapter. (I warned you about the adjectives, didn't I?)

You know what, I'm going to leave it at that. I have the utmost respect for you, Xeno Sapian, and your time. Just . . . wow, just wow.
boldfullmetal chapter 32 . 11/1
I know this is late, but i freaking loved this chapter! I laughed so many times!
Cayar chapter 42 . 8/26/2015
Technically excellent.
Amazingly bittersweet.
Seriously awesome.

Now if only there was a seq- SEQUEL! YES!
Guest chapter 20 . 6/11/2015
Where was is mentioned that Valni's aversion to Kenneth's biology was incurable? In his position, I'd relay to the good Doctor (who's name I definitely didn't forget) my intentions to fill Valni in ASAP, then, once she stopped breaking stuff, resolve to find a cure. Then, I would promise to one day tie him down in front of a bed, force him to watch Valni and I doing the deed and record his face like a f**king Markiplier video!

Thankfully, Mordin's previous presence gives me a good idea where this is going, which is good, as the previous tension from this story was interfering with my life. Well played!
Weirdo with a Cello chapter 20 . 6/12/2015
Note: Apologies if an anonymous review like this one turns up somewhere. I wasn't signed in on my phone, and I have yet to see it posted, despite repeated attempts at hitting the button.

While I can somewhat understand Kenneth's psychology towards the end, it still feels a little weird to me that he just up and decided that he'd break all contact with Valni. I'd imagined an alternative in which he (along with Antoni and Leptis, because reasons) at least attempts to fill her in as soon as possible, given that it was her biology being fucked with, and that the two of them still kinda love each other, she has a right to know. Then when Val finishes breaking stuff, they can set to trying to cure her ailment, or at least invest those full-body-condoms from The Naked Gun.

Thankfully, Mordin's presence in the story already tells me where this is going (somewhat), which is good, because all that tension got a little distracting IRL. Kudos for being such an effective writer, Sapian. But I blame you for that pot of coffee I was cleaning off the Cafe floor.
forgetti chapter 13 . 4/27/2015
they watched Areoplane! :D i bloody love that movie
forgetti chapter 12 . 4/19/2015
oh we certainly know why the drive core was fluctuating ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Akari78 chapter 1 . 1/22/2015
A very cool concept, I like it. I gouged it through dA so I'm just gonna zip yo the third chapter now, but really this is great. The characters feel well done and interesting, and the dialogue and scenes flow quite nicely.
boldfullmetal chapter 17 . 11/21/2014
omfg i loved this chapter! especially the embrace at the end! it was so disney and sweet i think it gave me cavities. :)
WilkuRussia chapter 42 . 11/3/2014
Just finished!

It's really cool how you managed to tie-in basicly all the events in the epilogue, especially with Kenneth and Gaby on how they ended up with Cerberus.
The feels I got when reading the story towards all the characters were directed by your writing style in a superb manner!
Kenneth always felt like a funny kinky guy, Gaby always was the "voice of reason" but also liked to chill out in a friendly manner, Chalil ended up like a perfect dude for Bromance with whom you could always hit the scene at parties and Valni is pictured as a noble being with a tough shell, but also with a emotional vulnerable soul.

This is going to be interesting to see how you set the re-encounters of the charaters with each other in the sequel since Kenneth and Gaby were constantly beside Shepard in his team (well, maybe except the little Collector Base incident with human-melting tubes :D)

Your writing is awesome:)
Now I jump to the sequel :)
Guest chapter 33 . 10/30/2014
SORRY FOR THAT LAST REVIEW YOUR STORY IS GOOD
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
JUSTICE YOUR STORY IS CRAP...,

FROM, YOUR BEST FRIEND RICHIE
LostPeace chapter 10 . 9/26/2014
YEEEAAAAH! Mordin! i knew it was him the moment he started talking!
RheasHelm chapter 42 . 9/26/2014
Thanks for this little transition over to ME2. But it sounds like your new story will be quite different, let's see how that works out.

The muse is Erato, no wonder I couldn't find anything when I looked up Erata. That was evil!
RheasHelm chapter 41 . 9/26/2014
I thought the end was a bit lame, with you trying hard to straighten things back up by removing all the alien love interests from the board. Of course, that Gabriela had one as well was quite the surprise for me, I had not seen that coming. Human and Krogan is such an impossible pairing in my mind... but I guess if the Asari can manage it, maybe Humans can too.
They sure caused a lot of destruction... (the ceiling fan?!).
And as a result, Gabriela graduated from "Kitten" to "Tiger". Yay Gaby!
Good to know that Erata's been cleared after all.