Reviews for A Matter Of Race And Character
Where was is mentioned that Valni's aversion to Kenneth's biology was incurable? In his position, I'd relay to the good Doctor (who's name I definitely didn't forget) my intentions to fill Valni in ASAP, then, once she stopped breaking stuff, resolve to find a cure. Then, I would promise to one day tie him down in front of a bed, force him to watch Valni and I doing the deed and record his face like a f**king Markiplier video!

Thankfully, Mordin's previous presence gives me a good idea where this is going, which is good, as the previous tension from this story was interfering with my life. Well played!
thomas mason chapter 20 . 6/12
Note: Apologies if an anonymous review like this one turns up somewhere. I wasn't signed in on my phone, and I have yet to see it posted, despite repeated attempts at hitting the button.

While I can somewhat understand Kenneth's psychology towards the end, it still feels a little weird to me that he just up and decided that he'd break all contact with Valni. I'd imagined an alternative in which he (along with Antoni and Leptis, because reasons) at least attempts to fill her in as soon as possible, given that it was her biology being fucked with, and that the two of them still kinda love each other, she has a right to know. Then when Val finishes breaking stuff, they can set to trying to cure her ailment, or at least invest those full-body-condoms from The Naked Gun.

Thankfully, Mordin's presence in the story already tells me where this is going (somewhat), which is good, because all that tension got a little distracting IRL. Kudos for being such an effective writer, Sapian. But I blame you for that pot of coffee I was cleaning off the Cafe floor.
forgetti chapter 13 . 4/27
they watched Areoplane! :D i bloody love that movie
forgetti chapter 12 . 4/19
oh we certainly know why the drive core was fluctuating ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Akari78 chapter 1 . 1/22
A very cool concept, I like it. I gouged it through dA so I'm just gonna zip yo the third chapter now, but really this is great. The characters feel well done and interesting, and the dialogue and scenes flow quite nicely.
boldfullmetal chapter 17 . 11/21/2014
omfg i loved this chapter! especially the embrace at the end! it was so disney and sweet i think it gave me cavities. :)
WilkuRussia chapter 42 . 11/3/2014
Just finished!

It's really cool how you managed to tie-in basicly all the events in the epilogue, especially with Kenneth and Gaby on how they ended up with Cerberus.
The feels I got when reading the story towards all the characters were directed by your writing style in a superb manner!
Kenneth always felt like a funny kinky guy, Gaby always was the "voice of reason" but also liked to chill out in a friendly manner, Chalil ended up like a perfect dude for Bromance with whom you could always hit the scene at parties and Valni is pictured as a noble being with a tough shell, but also with a emotional vulnerable soul.

This is going to be interesting to see how you set the re-encounters of the charaters with each other in the sequel since Kenneth and Gaby were constantly beside Shepard in his team (well, maybe except the little Collector Base incident with human-melting tubes :D)

Your writing is awesome:)
Now I jump to the sequel :)
Guest chapter 33 . 10/30/2014
SORRY FOR THAT LAST REVIEW YOUR STORY IS GOOD
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
JUSTICE YOUR STORY IS CRAP...,

FROM, YOUR BEST FRIEND RICHIE
LostPeace chapter 10 . 9/26/2014
YEEEAAAAH! Mordin! i knew it was him the moment he started talking!
RheasHelm chapter 42 . 9/26/2014
Thanks for this little transition over to ME2. But it sounds like your new story will be quite different, let's see how that works out.

The muse is Erato, no wonder I couldn't find anything when I looked up Erata. That was evil!
RheasHelm chapter 41 . 9/26/2014
I thought the end was a bit lame, with you trying hard to straighten things back up by removing all the alien love interests from the board. Of course, that Gabriela had one as well was quite the surprise for me, I had not seen that coming. Human and Krogan is such an impossible pairing in my mind... but I guess if the Asari can manage it, maybe Humans can too.
They sure caused a lot of destruction... (the ceiling fan?!).
And as a result, Gabriela graduated from "Kitten" to "Tiger". Yay Gaby!
Good to know that Erata's been cleared after all.
RheasHelm chapter 40 . 9/26/2014
For a moment this got serious when Chaill talked about Tuchanka and Krogan society... those poor guys who get picked for breeding duty...
Gabriela and Chaill trying to make the Asari jealous was a bit childish, but fun.
The Haka does sound like something that might be popular with the Krogan.
The Asari arresting anyone for not wearing much sounds unlikely, but it sure provided a good laugh.
Lol, Chalil and Gaby broke the hotel bed.
RheasHelm chapter 39 . 9/26/2014
For a simple story to pass the time waiting in that ice cave this is getting king of long. But it's fun to read.
Gabriela is revealed to be somewhat shallow when she bemoans the lack of Asari interest in her which she would like as an ego booster - and which she has no intention of answering. All. She. Wants. Is. the chance to shoot an Asari down. Or ten. The more the better, it seems. For somebody who claims to have an interest in Asari culture, she a) picks a strange place to explore that culture - a hotel dance club; the street festival may have been a better choice - and b) is strangely firm in her preconceived notion that the aliens can possibly only want one thing.
Nice to see Chaill in action again. He is such a good friend to Gabriela. The Asari love him too - shy Asari, muscular Asari, blue Asari, purple Asari... lol. "You. Me. Dance. Now!" was hilarious, but a bit stereotypical (I half expected her to say say "I'll be back" after the dance). And Charr is his brother... very clever.
The Salarian on sugar/stims was a riot.
ritualist chapter 42 . 9/25/2014
Such a great story, I love every bit of it. Great job, keep it up.