Reviews for A Matter Of Race And Character
forgetti chapter 13 . 4/27
they watched Areoplane! :D i bloody love that movie
forgetti chapter 12 . 4/19
oh we certainly know why the drive core was fluctuating ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
Akari78 chapter 1 . 1/22
A very cool concept, I like it. I gouged it through dA so I'm just gonna zip yo the third chapter now, but really this is great. The characters feel well done and interesting, and the dialogue and scenes flow quite nicely.
boldfullmetal chapter 17 . 11/21/2014
omfg i loved this chapter! especially the embrace at the end! it was so disney and sweet i think it gave me cavities. :)
WilkuRussia chapter 42 . 11/3/2014
Just finished!

It's really cool how you managed to tie-in basicly all the events in the epilogue, especially with Kenneth and Gaby on how they ended up with Cerberus.
The feels I got when reading the story towards all the characters were directed by your writing style in a superb manner!
Kenneth always felt like a funny kinky guy, Gaby always was the "voice of reason" but also liked to chill out in a friendly manner, Chalil ended up like a perfect dude for Bromance with whom you could always hit the scene at parties and Valni is pictured as a noble being with a tough shell, but also with a emotional vulnerable soul.

This is going to be interesting to see how you set the re-encounters of the charaters with each other in the sequel since Kenneth and Gaby were constantly beside Shepard in his team (well, maybe except the little Collector Base incident with human-melting tubes :D)

Your writing is awesome:)
Now I jump to the sequel :)
Guest chapter 33 . 10/30/2014
SORRY FOR THAT LAST REVIEW YOUR STORY IS GOOD
Guest chapter 1 . 10/30/2014
JUSTICE YOUR STORY IS CRAP...,

FROM, YOUR BEST FRIEND RICHIE
LostPeace chapter 10 . 9/26/2014
YEEEAAAAH! Mordin! i knew it was him the moment he started talking!
RheasHelm chapter 42 . 9/26/2014
Thanks for this little transition over to ME2. But it sounds like your new story will be quite different, let's see how that works out.

The muse is Erato, no wonder I couldn't find anything when I looked up Erata. That was evil!
RheasHelm chapter 41 . 9/26/2014
I thought the end was a bit lame, with you trying hard to straighten things back up by removing all the alien love interests from the board. Of course, that Gabriela had one as well was quite the surprise for me, I had not seen that coming. Human and Krogan is such an impossible pairing in my mind... but I guess if the Asari can manage it, maybe Humans can too.
They sure caused a lot of destruction... (the ceiling fan?!).
And as a result, Gabriela graduated from "Kitten" to "Tiger". Yay Gaby!
Good to know that Erata's been cleared after all.
RheasHelm chapter 40 . 9/26/2014
For a moment this got serious when Chaill talked about Tuchanka and Krogan society... those poor guys who get picked for breeding duty...
Gabriela and Chaill trying to make the Asari jealous was a bit childish, but fun.
The Haka does sound like something that might be popular with the Krogan.
The Asari arresting anyone for not wearing much sounds unlikely, but it sure provided a good laugh.
Lol, Chalil and Gaby broke the hotel bed.
RheasHelm chapter 39 . 9/26/2014
For a simple story to pass the time waiting in that ice cave this is getting king of long. But it's fun to read.
Gabriela is revealed to be somewhat shallow when she bemoans the lack of Asari interest in her which she would like as an ego booster - and which she has no intention of answering. All. She. Wants. Is. the chance to shoot an Asari down. Or ten. The more the better, it seems. For somebody who claims to have an interest in Asari culture, she a) picks a strange place to explore that culture - a hotel dance club; the street festival may have been a better choice - and b) is strangely firm in her preconceived notion that the aliens can possibly only want one thing.
Nice to see Chaill in action again. He is such a good friend to Gabriela. The Asari love him too - shy Asari, muscular Asari, blue Asari, purple Asari... lol. "You. Me. Dance. Now!" was hilarious, but a bit stereotypical (I half expected her to say say "I'll be back" after the dance). And Charr is his brother... very clever.
The Salarian on sugar/stims was a riot.
ritualist chapter 42 . 9/25/2014
Such a great story, I love every bit of it. Great job, keep it up.
RheasHelm chapter 38 . 9/25/2014
Gabriela is half dead, with a thresher maw acid wound on her back, cold... and her first concern is that Erata undressed her in order to dry her wet clothes? Possibly saved her life... But later she's disappointed when Erata tells her 'no sex'. And she even misses being called "kitten". Some people...
"I sweat like a Volus with a suit rupture when I'm horny" lol, that was too funny ("Cheer up a blue Asari" and "indulge in a little blue shifting" were as well).
Hm, why would Erata make herself younger? 206 is still quite young for an Asari, and Asari seem to value age and wisdom quite a bit, so wouldn't it be more logical for her to pretend to be older?
The names of Erata's sisters were quite something - Euterpa, Melpomena, Polyhymnia, Urania... Ok, so you know your Muses, but why would two bonded Asari pick those? I guess I just don't get the fascination with mixing Asari and all things ancient Greek.
Ah, so Erata's family is in the information recovery business. No wonder people are reluctant to mess with her.
9 children doesn't sound like that many, for Asari anyway. If you spread them out a bit, like 1 every decade or so, you could be done in less than a century. And still have hundreds of years for more. Is there an age limit for Asari to have children? I guess it was unusual for Benezia to have her first child as a matriarch, but that might just be a social issue vs. a biological one.
AlsoKnownAsMatt chapter 42 . 9/24/2014
Great closing chapter. I really like how you bridge Ken and Gabriella's earlier lives with their ME2 lives with Cerberus. Thanks for your hard work on this story, I'll be very interested to see how you follow it up!