Reviews for Capping Day
The Death Frisbee chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Hey there! Sorry for delay - busy today. I thought this read well, without any loss of fluency from the lack of 'e's. There's some nice repetition with the 'long past' and 'ask.' It feels like a march cadence, which works well if you did it intentionally - or even if you didn't. This is weird with the references, but weird in a purposeful way, and I don't feel TOO confused by it to the point that it's off-putting; I think because the references, despite their strangeness, are sharp and clear.

Minor note: Could be a website error, but there's a space between the quote and Happy. I figured you'd want to know!
James7912b chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Good stuff, seems to be in the same vein as a couple of Tripods-influenced songs by the band Gatsby's American Dream. This is a great metaphor for not just growing up but for the problems that are faced along the way. Also its nice to know that someone else writes Tripods stories other than the two NC-17/X rated ones I've come across.
RedheadedMarina chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
This is a fantastic little story. It gave me chills. The child striving to be a grown-up, planning to behave as the others do, and the parents' (controlled) happiness for their child paints a picture of celebration, yet the one sentence "all I ask is that it work" gives the undertone of loss that is reinforced by the parents saying "our child was willing and worthy"...it makes me think of a human sacrifice, which of course it is. Well done.
Aspiring Hobby chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Congratulation on completing the challenge. I do not know anything of the fandom, so I cannot say anything about this, but I like the starting lines very much.