Reviews for Doomed Promises
enomix chapter 1 . 4/11/2013
YOU BROKE MY HEART WITH THIS! IN FIFTY MILLION LITTLE PIECES SHATTERING AS THE WIND CARRIES THEM INTO OBLIVION!
I loved this - it was incredibly sweet and just so bittersweet because we all know what comes next... I don't usually go for OCs but Imogen was great and she was believable, not like a lot of other random OCs that seem to all be the same, good job with her! Your writing was great: I didn't spot any technical mistakes and the overall style was very good and had lots of description.
Wonderful.
SunWillRise2340 chapter 1 . 3/23/2013
Haha, this is very sweet! I like Immy being honest, and I think Cedric would be broken up if Cho cheated on him! And the bit with the ring - so sweet! :) Great work! :) xx
Cookies-and-Ink chapter 1 . 1/19/2013
The end broke my heart BECAUSE HE'S NEVER COMING BACK *wails*

I love your OC and I love the relationship between Cedric and her, how it opens with her being furious but then their relationship blossoms of it's own accord.

Did I mention it's just a heartbreaking read? I literally can't think of anything to say except 'Why would you do that?!'. It's funny because Cedric's always been a kind of back of my mind character and yet reading this he was so central and so well done, he became a lot more real in my head.

*sigh* Going to go and cry now. Ciao x
lowi chapter 1 . 1/15/2013
The ending here made me so sad, gosh. I would've kinda liked Cedric not to die, I mean, argh. :'(

Anyway, my emotions aside, this was really well written! I like how it was in first person, it gave a really nice insight to your OC.

Great work, especially on her! :D
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 1/11/2013
I like how your character is a Hufflepuff, but she doesn't fit the normal Hufflepuff standard/stereotype of being overly nice and kind. I love her behavior towards Jeremy Rosier, and I also liked how even though she liked Cedric, she didn't want to just be his rebound, she wanted to have a real relationship. I definitely think you had Cedric in character, also, and that you did a very nice job writing the relationship between these two characters. Interesting that Cedric had a bad feeling about the Third Task - I don't think I've ever seen that before, so it was something original to include, in my opinion. It's very sad, then, knowing what happens to him and considering that he just proposed to Imogen.

Just a couple little things for you to take note of - there are a few grammar errors scattered throughout the piece, both commas where there should be full stops/periods and, in the last section, switching back and forth between present and past tense. Also, it should be Ravenclaw-esque, not Ravenclaw esquire, but overall it was well-written and your spelling was good.

Overall I enjoyed this fic; it was nice to see Cedric/OC because so many people write Harry/OC or Draco/OC and it does get a little old sometimes. I definitely thought the idea of this was pretty original. I like her having the last name Jones, also - I can assume she's related to either Gwenog Jones, Hestia Jones, or Megan Jones (or perhaps all three). Nice work!
keeptheotherone chapter 1 . 1/7/2013
Good job not writing a cliché Hufflepuff :) I liked that Imogene was sorted for her honesty and had a bit of an attitude about her. I also liked that she refused to be Cedric's "bounce back girl"; he's depicted in canon as just totally swoon-worthy, so good for her having some self-respect. Watch out for comma splices (joining two sentences with a comma), especially in dialogue tags. If the tag is a complete sentence, use a period (e.g. "Get out of here, Rosier or I'll hex you into next week," I spat. He knew I would...). You did a good job using Imogene's POV at the end to add emotion; by having her be innocent about the Third Task but the reader knowing Cedric is going to die, it adds tension. I also really liked Cedric having a bad feeling about it... *sigh*

Favorite line: "... Cho Chang went through boys like underwear." *Very* descriptive :)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 1/4/2013
I liked this. Normally, I'm not a fan of first person of first person, but you used it nicely here. And I'm also I not a fan of OCs, np but you fleshed her out enough so that we could know her.

I like the progression of this. It wasn't too fast and it didn't end with Cedric's death. But what broke my heart was the idea of Cedric wanting to know that she'll be there for him to marry once he wins - and us already knowing that he dies. It's just so heartbreaking.

You used your prompts and characters well and this was well-written. Which made this a very excellent story!
VictoryNike chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Adorable. The ending is so sweet and so sad, too, because we know how the story ends, but Imogen and Cedric don't...very well done.
A Sirius Crush On Moony chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
This was so sweet! Considering it was an OC, you did very well to get that response from me because usually I don't bother when OCs are involved, but I did like your OC :)

I hated Cho in this - more than usual. Cedric was so upset, I really felt for him. But it was sweet how he went for his best friend. I am a firm believer in best friends falling in love, so yeah, I liked that they were best friends.

It almost killed me when I read on to find that this was around the time of the final task. I was thinking it was AU and he survived, but I felt like crying when I realised he'd never actually marry her. It's really sad when you think of it like that. I've always liked Cedric as a character, so I enjoyed reading this.
Dramione Forever chapter 1 . 11/25/2012
Wow this was extremely well written. I also liked your OC Imogen especially the fact she was going to hex the head boy. I loved this piece despite it being sad and the fact you know in the back of your mind while reading this story that none of what he wants is going to happen but I think you did an excellent job on this. I also loved the friendship and teasing between Imogen and Cedric I would also love to see other stories about this pair and how they became friends. Excellent job and well done :-). Dra
FandaticForeverAndAlways chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Awwww! :'( why did I have a sad fiction? I'm feeling so sad. Crap.
I have always liked Cedric, and always cry at his death scene. And now, seeing him planes his future and knowing he's going to die...gosh. I actually covered my face with my hands not wanting to read ahead midway. :P you should have written the part where Cedric comes back dead too...but it was good anyway.
Well written! :)