Reviews for What I'd Always Wanted
Steveaaml chapter 12 . 1/17
THANK YOU!

Geez. What a ridiculous emotional roller coaster of an evening you have given me.
Too much sadness, and pain, and it's all so bloody well written that I was completely engrossed. Constantly perfect, believable dialogue and narration made it I possible to disassociate, even though that would have saved me a lot of tears. So instead I just had to go along with this heartbreaking, sad, moving, beautiful, amazing story, and hope against hope that we would get a happy ending.
It's not really fair, you know? Make it start out all light hearted and funny, then as soon as we get invested, make it the saddest thing ever, and then make it KEEP being sad for half the story!
You did an amazing job translating this, because while the plot is brilliant, I would not have been anywhere near as invested if not for the language used.
So in conclusion, good work, thanks, and don't you dare do something like this ever again.
Steveaaml chapter 10 . 1/17
Oh please! Oh please give me this! Dopplegangland rules? Pleasepleaseplease!
Steveaaml chapter 9 . 1/17
This is too sad.
Because you know what? I chose this story thinking "Oh hey, body swap comedy in high school AU! This'll be fun! Maybe some fluffy NanoFateness will happen too!"
But this is not okay! It's too sad! Please tell me it stops being sad!
Steveaaml chapter 8 . 1/17
Ahhhh! This is so sad!
I need Fate to learn the truth! I care so much about that right now! And also nobody dying!
Steveaaml chapter 7 . 1/17
This is such a beautiful story.
The emotional dynamic between Fate/Nanoha/Hayate is SO complex that I can barely tell who I'm shipping. The bit with Fate describing Hayate to Hayate (in Nanoha's body) was so heartwarming, and the "she's my inspiration" and then "if you promise to take care of this friendship, it's yours."
Ahhh! So many tears!
Steveaaml chapter 4 . 1/16
Ahhhhhhh!
Steveaaml chapter 3 . 1/16
I care so much about this story.
Steveaaml chapter 1 . 1/16
HA!
An MSLN Freaky Friday story. I've been dying to find something like this.
Zarosguth chapter 12 . 2/16/2014
I've read through this entire story in one sitting. I'm not afraid to admit a few tears managed to escape my eyes during the last few chapters. Especially Chapter 11. 'What's left behind'.

Great, great story. Alba1, you've written something amazing.
And HikariFate, thank you for the translation. Had you not translated this story, then I and many others would've missed out on it for sure.

Both of you, keep doing what you do for as long as you're able to do it.
DeuceMs chapter 12 . 2/15/2014
A masterful tale. This was a splendid translation, and though only that, the mere act of translating brings with it those threads of personality that come with the very action of change. Props for the time and tale. However, perhaps I am being a little Grammar-Naziish(is that a word) but there were noticable grammatical tense issues, and various misspellings, although they did not necessarily detract from the story. I say this because of an inate desire to turn good things better. The closer to perfect, the crazier imperfections drive me. All in all it was a solid read, save for a few errors in tense, punctuation and grammar
Lance58 chapter 12 . 11/9/2013
BRAVO! i love it :) its great! keep it up cant wait for the new stories! please keep it up
Prussian chapter 12 . 11/5/2013
Pretty good, though it's always sad to me when Hayate gets left on the lurch. Favourite character and all. And yes, I think you have improved.

Predictable, but if there's some Hayate-romancing Yuri fiction that's not in English, I'll request that.
Yuki - Who loves Fluffy Angst chapter 12 . 11/5/2013
Too. Short.

I feel like I've been cheated! D:

just kidding.

This story taught me a lesson, don't wish for something, with someone with you. Just kidddding.

The story, totally awesome, and thank you, dear author, for working hard in translating.

I look forward to your other works!
Shlabadak chapter 12 . 10/25/2013
So she did turn back in time, but why make Nanoha keep her memories...? Or maybe it was unintentional because she was dead... Loved Jail's reaction anyway xD
The characters grew and everyone's happy now, but Hayate will never win will she? She just does have her own harem to choose from now. xP
I really liked this story overall, maybe too much drama from time to time, but eh, that's the main point of the story I guess.
Many thanks to you for translating it entirely, it's great to have been able to read something I'd have missed otherwise.
'till next story I guess then!
sawako kuronuma chapter 1 . 10/23/2013
wah! this was really sad. i even crie . actually i don't read this kind of story when my favorite character died or suffering to much because it's really painful for me. but because your previous story that i read is very good, i was interested to read this. and now i want to congratulate you again author san for making an awesome (but painful) story again. thank you so much for sharing and hoping for another story from you :) (hehe sorry if i'm so eager for another story ;) )