Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book II: Dawning at Nightfall — Remastered Edition
WildArtichokes chapter 12 . 11/9/2012
To be honest I feel really disappointed with the emotional factor of this story. The action factor is locked down, but the emotion leaves a lot to be desired. The only scene that I felt you really nailed is Malka and Afua's moment, and that was really short.
Any and all of the emotion that could of come from Kopa's reunion with his family has been cut in half. The reunion with his family is one of the most heart-tugging, tear-inducing moments possible in the Kopa plot outline. Now that everyone Kopa used to know has had time to except that he is alive, and are prepared to see him again after years, the level of overwhelming emotion drops significantly. Although I'm sure this conveniently plows the way for another action-packed fight scene, which this story has an abundance of.
This is just my opinion, but when I read a Kopa story one of the key aspects is that emotion. The general Kopa plot outline is set up to give you this massive potential for awe inspiring moments that really tug your heart strings, and this just doesn't happen here. Unfortunately the fact that the emotion was dialed so far down detracts from the story. It seems it is only about half as good as it could be. As a suggestion I would tell you to try and focus more on those defining moments and try to pack as many conflicting feelings of happiness, sadness, anger, and whatever else you can come up with.
But that's just what I think.

Best wishes, well, you who I am. It says it right there at the top.
Guest chapter 12 . 11/9/2012
Amazing! Urg, cliff-hanger! Can't wait for the next book!
Guest chapter 11 . 11/9/2012
Wow! Speedy update! What did you do, upload it at midnight? I admire your punctuality!
Starzinmieyez chapter 12 . 11/9/2012
I hope Kopa and Tumani get out okay! Looking forward to book III :)
Haradion chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Spectacular ending! Absolutley amazing. I can't wait for the next book. The story is great - well structured, holds the reader like superglue and has wonderful characters. I like how you reuse old names and faces, like Ni, Sabini, Tojo, Tama, Kula, Chumvi and Malka.

Fantastic story!
HappyCactus03 chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
10/10
Bookworm Gal chapter 12 . 11/8/2012
A rather nice ending to Book 2. I figured it was too soon for Kopa to make it home. Keep up the great work.
ASniper chapter 12 . 11/8/2012
Now we're starting to see Fujo as a villain. He'd make a ruthless leader, and while Malka may have been a bit foolish, he's sympathetic, setting apart protagonists and antagonists.

Huh. The close of this book really didn't feel like an ending to me as much as the last one did. There's changes, but not really closure, to major plot lines. Fujo's a bit apprehensive about his plans being uncovered, but once he discovers Kopa's been captured, he's safe for the moment. Of course, we also had an end to Kiara's miscarriage earlier in the book, but right now it seems as if we're leaving off just as we know action lies ahead. Which I suppose is intentional, tempting us to read on in Book III. Well done.

One last note on Zazu. "Protocol dictates?" Haha! Little blue floaty things.
ASniper chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
That line in the midst of Jeraha and Nala's fighting caught me by surprise. It's not that I'd forgotten many of Janga's lions were Pridelanders, but I hadn't considered they may have been close enough to save each others' lives. Of course things have changed, but it's a very nice reminder of the past and how complex the relationships are between characters. I'll bet more than a few of the dead from Jeraha's group were once friends.

I think Kivuli took the escape from Mount Tempest rather well, considering all their prisoners have gone free and they lost fifteen of their own (Janga must have a pretty large following). But then, she did manage to catch the lion Janga's been after. The way you had Kopa and Tumaini caught was well done. You needed them captured, but didn't do it with the oft-used last stand or cut off like other authors might have. Tumaini actually falls behind, and Kopa chooses to stay. Well played.
Independent Reclaimer chapter 12 . 11/8/2012
Very strong chemistry between each character. Definitely overrules the 'invulnerable protagonist' trope. Like the previous book, Dawning at Nightfall once again pulls off an interesting cliffhanger, leaving off an anticipation for the next book. Epilogue: 9.3/10 Story: 9.6
Independent Reclaimer chapter 11 . 11/8/2012
There's a more stronger drama in here that other chapters. But the only thing that bugs me is the way you set up the epilogue. Really, in appropriate situations, the last chapter ends the entire main story of the book while an epilogue traditionally sets up a sequel. Overall, nice final chapter. (9.4/10)
Haradion chapter 10 . 11/8/2012
Awesome! I love this plot - its got so many twists and turns! The characters are very deep and well made. I love how none of tge characters are evil, each of think that what they are doing is rihht. I just hope Simba doesnt do anything stupid now Sarabi is dead - hopefully Kopa will tell him the reason why she died.

Can't wait for the next chapter!
2222w2222 chapter 10 . 11/8/2012
this is getting better and better! i can feel it in the force!
Guest chapter 10 . 11/7/2012
Amazing! I love the way the story unfolds, and keeps you in suspense. This is beautifully written, professional even, and I can't wait to see what happens next!
pitstop96 chapter 10 . 11/7/2012
really liking this series:) kopa's got smarticles:) lol. pleeaaaase let simba meet up with kopa (finally) next chapter... pwease :3
238 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »