Reviews for Kopa's Legacy — Book II: Dawning at Nightfall
Young lioness chapter 5 . 10/24/2012
Ohhh my gosh keep going and hurry please lol im begging you!
Bookworm Gal chapter 5 . 10/24/2012
Nice. A few of your many lions are meeting and Kopa is getting back some memories. I am intrigued and hope to see more soon. Good luck.
Actene chapter 4 . 10/24/2012
One of the more interesting elements that seems to be running throughout these stories is the question of who is actually worthy of leadership. It's a theme that was present in the original movie: a desire for the privileges of authority does not mean you actually have the capacity to role. With the Simba/Scar conflict, this was a pretty open and shut discussion, but here there are a few nuances to this familiar theme. Janga's desire to seize the throne by force clearly marks her as the antagonist, but the loyalty we see from her pride gives her a depth of character that her father lacked. It's also interesting to see how Janga's scene here was written in a much more direct manner. Whether it was intentional or not, she's painted as a go-getter who takes the initiative (though her desire to capture Kopa seems more out of revenge than rational planning). Simba's scene was written in a far more passive tone. I'm seeing him more as a reactionary ruler than anything else, only willing to take action when pushed into it. It will be interesting to see where the comparisons between Simba and Janga's leadership go in the future.

A less combative conflict of rule came in with Siri's desire for Tumaini to succeed Malka. From what we've seen so far, I'm more inclined to think of Siri as the better ruler. Tumaini is too caught up with the past and his own guilt to look at the bigger picture, though this may change in time. Again, future chapters will undoubtedly shed more light on these issues.
Actene chapter 3 . 10/24/2012
I have mixed feelings about this chapter. The look into Tumaini's past is an interesting development, though it also hearkens back to the rut of flashbacks that the previous book fell into. That being said, the juxtaposition of who Tumaini was as a child and who he is now is excellent character development and speaks volumes about the time he spent with Tuka prior to book one-time that does not necessarily need to be addressed through more flashbacks.

The dialogue was a little spotty at times, though writing with adolescents is undoubtedly no easy task. The scene between Kopa and Tumaini at the end was rather interesting, though it hit a level of intimacy that wasn't really there in the first book. It will be interesting to see where this expanded relationship goes as the book progresses.
Actene chapter 2 . 10/22/2012
I think it's going to become a trend here where the Pride Rock group is many times less interesting than Kopa and Malka's pride. To be fair, I think a lot of that has to do with the exposition Simba and Sarabi had to go through here, but it's clear that this time around we'll be wasting no time with seeing Kopa develop. That was probably the most important thing that happened this time around, though I appreciated the dramatic variations that were put into the backstory behind Janga's conception. I've been lead to believe that Scar/Sarabi seduction stories aren't all that uncommon in this fandom, but it's a nice addition regardless.

One thing that bothered me was the use of Mt. Kilimanjaro's actual name. It just seemed out of place in a world where people have landmarks named "Pride Rock", but it's a mild annoyance at worse.
Actene chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Good opening; it was a good move to start with Janga, especially considering how the last story ended. With the big revelation about who her parents were, it will be interesting to see what else is revealed about her character and motivations in the coming chapters. I also appreciate the way you made her pride so loyal to her. That's a dynamic you don't see in stories like this very often. I hope you make more of this as the story progresses.
Zero Unit RGB chapter 4 . 10/22/2012
This seems like a slow chapter but I feel like this entire story is quite an improvement from your last one. You really know how to keep the characters in character and Kopa's personality as how you made it fits him perfectly. Nice job!
ASniper chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Nice move on Simba's thoughts about Janga. Having never met her, he's still thinking along the lines of "the enemy of my enemy" in regards to Scar wronging them both. And would it not be unforeseeable that two more of Scar's banished like Tojo and Chumvi would join Janga in the badlands? Tojo certainly sounds familiar at the moment . . .
Starzinmieyez chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
I enjoyed this :) I like the whole thing about Afua :') one question though: how many is a score?
Bookworm Gal chapter 4 . 10/20/2012
Everyone was friends with Kopa apparently. This will certainly make things interesting when the various lions meet up in the future. Keep up the nice work.
Ashley chapter 3 . 10/18/2012
Oh my god. I just started reading these yesterday, and I am completely engrossed. I find myself now counting down to the next chapter. I can't wait! XD
Zero Unit RGB chapter 3 . 10/17/2012
It was so...Light and a little bit gloomy in the beginning, making a slow transition into dpressing and then into sweet and light once again. I made this really awkward transition in my story so I gotta say that this is really good. Can't wait for the next chapter but I have to ask, why longer than usual?
ASniper chapter 3 . 10/17/2012
The tragic part of this chapter is that it's a realistic accident. I've chucked more than a few rocks at my brother. And as soon as it hit, I regretted it. I for one was anticipating this part of background being fleshed out, and it lived up to expectations. Well done, sir.
TiggerCat9 chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
Great Chapter, really intense and the part at the end was quite sweet! :)
Fewtch chapter 3 . 10/16/2012
Woa. Jeez. Seriously deep stuff happening here. O_O
That was crazy! I was literally sitting on the edge of my seat because of this. And when the rocks hit, oh man... That was really sad.
Good work!