Reviews for A Dead World
AzureLazuli chapter 27 . 5/21
Love your story! It has great characterization, a clear and enjoyable writing style, and plenty of humor and drama. Also, how you meld the two fandoms is fascinating - I've only played Fallout 3 and 4, but now I'm sincerely wondering if I should try out New Vegas. And I've never even played Prototype.

Cain's awesome, clear and simple, and her thought processes and moral dilemmas are very enjoyable to read. Arcade's a sweetheart who's better than the Wastes deserve, though Cain and Alex are slowly getting to him. And Alex? Alex is intriguing - his morals, emotions, everything. How did he end up in that vault? How did Vault Tec find out about him, how did they capture him (burn him to instinctive biomass?)? How will he react when he discovers that he ate everyone in the Vault he was stored in? What even happened to Dana?

Anyway, your story is a definite gem. Hope you're enjoying writing this as much as I enjoyed reading it!
anon chapter 27 . 5/17
god I loved this chapter
Your characters are so complex and this was a good point for them to develop their relationships and I love it. Veronica seems chill. At first I was like wtf Cain when she said all that stuff, but her reasons for revealing it to Veronica are kinda understandable. I can't believe the whole course of events has only been like a week. I love that this chapter contained a lot of dialogue too, I know some people like action and Alex killing stuff and of course I like that too but seeing them talk and hang out by the fire is so nice !

Thank you so much for the update. Please keep it up
You know, I am very much... disappointed with how you handled the situation with doctor Hildern.

Why in the name of all that is sane would Cain acknowledge that THEY destroyed the data? Its exactly the wrong thing to say to Hildern to get kicked out without pay.

If I were one speaking, I would first bait Hildern about other mercenaries he hired, then tell him that all of them were dead due to Vaults contents, then explain that the deeper one descends into the vault, the more prevalent plant infection is, and that bottommost levels where the mainframe with data used to be is now full of carnivorous moss and twisting vines, having had long ago displaced, distorted and destroyed any equipment that couldve possibly held the records. Finally, Id tell him that the air on lower levels is also polluted with fungal spores and that even going down below level three is suicide without gasmasks. Finally, let it slip that in the few logs that remain on upper level computers, various vault dwellers are complaining about overseer "insisting on wasting time with fungi and increasing spore virality", whatever it means. In short, make Hildern believe that Vault 22 is not the agricultural cornucopia, but a site of runaway bioweapon and there is no indication that it ever was anything else.
SCP-3000 chapter 27 . 5/15
Amazing chapter, I kinda want to see a Sentient Deathclaw join up with mercer and friends, after all we already have an Enclave citizen, a BoS scribe, a super virus, and the ultimate mailman (actually a mail women) roaming around the Mojave. any ways great story if you have the time to continue this I and many of your fans would appreciate it! good day.
Asutorido chapter 27 . 5/13
Great chapter
ivanganev1992 chapter 13 . 5/13
Ch 13 Radiation cleansing PRONTO !
Wow, that was really intense. I really liked that even though some of this is written from Alex's point of view, it's not until he confronts Cain that we discover his's growing insecurity about Cain's fondness for him. He later proved Cain right by choosing to reveal his powers before Veronica can get hurt. He put (from his view) himself in danger to protect the person he feels threatened by. Your writing it is like the perfect example of show not tell. It's really amazing how much personality and character development you pack into a small moment. Haha I was looking forward to this chapter for the deathclaw fight, but we got so much more. Thank you for
Anonimouse chapter 10 . 5/12
I thought it was a pretty good story. Cain is not a good character, though. Can't remember the last time I saw dialogue so cringe-worthy. I'm out.
Tankred chapter 27 . 5/11
Yup, not the most feared creature of the wasteland for no reason.

Crazy idea, if Alex ate a Deathclaw or two, or three, it should be possible for him to assume the shape of one. Then later on, say they for some reason needed to make people think someone was nuts, he'd just be all like "I got this." and suddenly the guy would find himself seeing a deathclaw with a top hat and monocle appear every so often.
cain betta take responsibility for what she say. if her revelation does create problems for alex then is she prepared for tentacle rape?
Quelthias chapter 27 . 5/9
Boy Cain has trust issues in this, by that I mean too trusting issues.
For someone who knows about ethics, diplomacy and psychology that was beyond a TIFU. She needs to pay Alex back with something big.
Didnt meet Veronica in game but she seems fun, another long term companion to put Alex on his toes? Or perhaps a future person to betray (and dessert for Alex).
Dracomancer1 chapter 27 . 5/9
Good at the end, very good, but the chapter was a bit fluffy and chatty. I enjoyed it, but it could have been slimmed a little.
Rorek11 chapter 27 . 5/8
I really really loved the talk Alex and Cain had, although I was hoping for a bit more fear on Cain's part. I don't know why, but I just really want a scene where she's reminded just how cold Alex can be and she's scared of him (and then there's a resolution, obviously). Great work with character building, as always. Really looking forward to Alex vs. deathclaw nest. On one hand I want it to be a cake walk for him, to show Cain and company that he's the biggest kid on the block, but on the other hand I kind of want him to get injured badly at some point so we can see Cain and Arcade worry about him. Anyway, I trust you to write it very well so no worries. As always, good luck with the next chapter!
Alan chapter 27 . 5/8
Oh you villain. I was so looking forward to the deathclaw carnage. Still. nice chapter. Looking forward to the next one.
Alps chapter 1 . 5/8
I was so excited when I saw you updated! Thanks for writing this and letting us read! I love the way you write, it's like I can hear the voices of the characters while I'm reading and I really love your version of Alex. Thank you so much for putting two of my favorite things into one enjoyable adventure!
1,255 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »