Reviews for A Dead World
Tankred chapter 3 . 10/25/2012
Huh, guess Redlight didn't innoculate him against radioactivity.
Volmaaral chapter 3 . 10/25/2012
Methinks Bethesda needs to acquire Prototype, then hire you. You're extremely good at getting all the details just right, and making the seemingly unlikely combination of Prototype and Fallout very plausible. I hope Mercer adapts to the radiation soon though, at the rate he's going, he'll likely starve. Well, that is, if Blacklight can starve, I know he could regenerate a good portion of his biomass himself, so maybe he doesn't really need it, but can still feel the hunger? Think you'll be bringing your own player character into the story, like I will in my own fan fiction?
Tankred chapter 2 . 10/23/2012
You're in a strange new world, Alex.
WDW chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
So, I've been sitting here for a few minutes just wondering how to begin this review, so what the heck. I'll just do it. This fic is good. It's great. It's awesome. I would love to see more of it-heck, I think I just got back into my phase of 'obsessively checking the archive for updates' for Prototype, just from this fic and After the Fires Fade. These two chapters have been a great start, raising plenty of questions for the rest of the fic. I'll be looking forward for more!
Volmaaral chapter 2 . 10/21/2012
Well. This doesn't bode well for whoever tells him what year it is. Just like with After the Fires Fade, you're making an excellent fan fiction, Laluzi. It's amazing you're capable of doing this while in college, I STILL haven't finished the next chapter for my fan fiction!
fghyrv chapter 2 . 10/20/2012
Awesome story,so cool that it gave me a mental orgasm XD
Aronim chapter 2 . 10/19/2012
Interesting. Poor Vault 20, and poor Alex, he's going to be devastated when he realized what has happened.

You write some solid description, it's rare that fanfics can hold my interest without dialogue, but Alex' thoughts and the very striking description keeps my interest, even as I kinda resent this fic for taking time from After the Fires Fade. Still, I'd like to see where it goes.

Two things:

"There was Central Park, of course, but any illusion of being away from the city was shattered by the screech of car horns and the constant crowds Never before had he seen such a vast expanse of nothingness. There was the ground, a tannish mix of sand and rock. " You missed a full stop between "crowds" and "Never".

"their stingers crumpled against his armor like a butter knife would to a tank." Odd metaphor, even if I see the attempt at completely turning the usual metaphor on it's head. I think a metaphor with something fragile would be better, maybe something like "the stingers snapped like twigs against his armour." or some such.

Otherwise, I just think you did great. And good luck with the Calculus, don't let it kill all self-esteem. It's hard but survivable. Here, take an ego-boost from this review.
Kaldi97 chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
Awesome.
Am I Loud Enough chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
Mercer's in for a terrible wake up call. THAT'S for sure. Though, with this Alex, I am just gonna... I dunno, I'm just gonna love all over this fic. Fallout is quite literally one of three of my favorite series. Hnngh!

Your skills, mixed with the generous lore and Laluzi-Alex, is gonna be a hell of a ride.

Now! For the fiction itself... Fuckin' Cazadores! The bane of all my adventures West in the Mojave. I'm guessing he's feeling the after effects of radiation? I love how he perceives the world already, but I'd think he'd be a little more panicky considering how he woke up, and where. Though, if I had the asset of running like he did, in such expansive plains to, well shit! Can't blame him for that.

Aha, I just had a thought if he absorbed the Think Tank. Whoo, wouldn't that be weird?
douchiesnacks chapter 2 . 10/18/2012
good chapter
KnightDweller chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
Confused Alex is confused. I'm interested to see where this'll go.
DarkGidora chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
Cazadores are a pain in the ass. Even to unstoppable viral abominations, apparently. You did a good job on the fight scene, and I'm interested in seeing where you're going with this. Thank you.
Dogmatix chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
Oh Alex. I'm already dreading when he discovers that at least 200 years have passed. ...and also I have a pet theory about who put him into stasis.

Eerrgh, those bugs don't sound pleasant - I hope he didn't catch anything from them, like radiation exposure. /
Solaire041 chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
So Alex has had his first encounter with "gigantic arthropods from hell," huh? Bet he's gonna have to do a doubletake when he sees the brahmin.

Keep up the good work!
killroy225 chapter 2 . 10/17/2012
awesome chapter, PLEASE continue this!
2,530 | « Prev Page 1 .. 158 165 166 167 168 169 Next »