Reviews for We've Been Here Before
Chocolate Cupcake Lover chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
Love it! :D
BadeBlade chapter 1 . 3/10/2013
This was really interesting! It has dimensions that I don't think have been explored by other fics yet!
I loved the whole 'mountain/molehills, oceans/puddles' - Beck's weird robotic state of emotional ignorance.
I loved the whole Cat/secrets bit too! Really in keeping with her character. And I like how Jade has seemingly moved on, but really hasn't moved at all. I like that her usual precision has taken a knock and perhaps she is a little despondent and distracted from HA.

Really want to read part 2, so I'm hoping you find time to update!

BB x
Caralynne chapter 1 . 12/12/2012
Okay, I'm officially swallowing my pride to beg for an update, because I just found this and I. Love. It. Oh my god, I'm sitting in a coffee shop right now procrastinating studying, and I almost laughed out loud at the "eat, pray, love" reference - I really, really want to read the rest of it! Please update...pretty please?
boughtthedream chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
I promised to review so here I am. This fic is really well written and I like Robbie and Jade's friendship. I also like how Beck and Jade realize that outside of Hollywood Arts there are more people who are just as talented of not more than them, and how at the end of the day they chose each other. Good job.
imlaughingnow chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
Well, well, well. If it isn't stefani the enemy. Word on the street is you have a fetish for writing.

As much as I dislike you, I can't say I dislike your writing. It was precise, clean and for some reason, it carried me to a dark place where everything had hidden layers and deep channels of blood and poetry.

So, good job or whatever.

Also, stop playing it safe. Push back the barriers and open the floodgates. I can't confirm that this will lead to 100% success but why play according to the rules when that's what everyone else is doing?

It's time to get a little dirty.

This review does not mean we are friends or that my dislike has dissipated because we most certainly aren't and if anything you've earned a bit respect but that is all.

So whatever.
circuswheel chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
What a nice surprise to start my weekend out. :) Stephanie, this was so good!

This is very interesting to me, and I'm curious as to what the second part will be like. I very much liked the way that you wrote Jade – how even though she's still dwelling on Beck, she's still moving on with her life (or at least doing her homework), because that's just how things happen.

I'm so happy that you wrote a bit about Beck's family, too, and didn't make them too horrible, as some people seem to do. In fact, Beck seems to be the one doing more of the dwelling, which I like, as you know how I feel about Bade's execution on the school. I also like that you wrote him to be a bit insecure, what with his acting interviews. It's not very fun at all to realize you aren't special. At least there is Sikowitz, there to sort-of cheer him up, and give him flowers.

I will make a list of lines I particularly liked.
"Cat! It's fake food!" Jade reminds her irritably. - LOL. The image of Cat running off to sniff the air was excellent. Also, ENGLISH PAW-TAILS. I enjoyed a lot of Cat's lines, actually, including when she tells Jade that she liked the way she walked. So cute!

'Andre stares out into the empty space in front of him. "Why did they choose a rabbit as a mascot for the cereal that looks like rabbit pellets?" '
I love it when Andre is given weird lines or strange things to do. I can picture the actor staring blankly out before he says this. I am rereading this very early in the morning, and I laughed loudly. My boyfriend came out to irritably ask what I was doing. NOTHING. Certainly not reading fanfiction on a Saturday morning and being far too happy for it.

' "I would have been fine if you hadn't caught me off guard." Story of her life, isn't it? '
Oh, so biting! And also a bit sad. I don't know, that line struck me very hard for some reason.

Do you also love to mention Cat's uncle and uncle? I only ask because I love to mention Cat's uncle and uncle. Also, Burf!

I smiled and sighed dreamily at every mean Robbie mention, especially when she says he looks like a stupid cow. Do you know, I actually have written a little bit of Teen Spirit where Jade and Robbie talk about cows? Also, in your story, I bet Robbie's mother packed him that tofu burger, and he'd get very indignant if asked about it. :)
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Groovy Chapter & More Please
khay chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
aaaah!

my gosh, stefani, this is so perf i don't even know where to begin.

the imagery really stood out for me. they're so powerful and meaningful and wonderful!

and then jade and the geeks! it's one of my guilty pleasure. i have this scene in my head where jade is snow white and instead of dwarves, she has the nerds :3

and beck! i don't know how much i really helped you bec you seem to have his characterization on hand. i love his internal ramblings, his audition, his roundabout way of telling jade that he's "moved on".

howevere, this is my favorite part, don't ask me why:

As soon as Beck steps out into the hallway, Trina Vega flutters around him like an annoying bee. The more he swats her away, the more persistent she gets. She gasps, finally zoning in on the flower. "For me?" She goes in for a hug, and last time she'd done this, he'd received a mouthful of hair.

"No, it's mine," he states firmly, dodging her arms. "Sikowitz gave it to me."

and you know the best part? it would have a chapter 2! :)

love, love, love, love.

thanks you for sharing this perfection with us readers.

*ahem. done fangirling now.
SorryImAnonymous chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
This is really great! Definitely a much more realistic view of the breakup than a lot of what is on fanfic. Can't wait to see part 2!
readingrainbows chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Well look at you, writing something light and sweet!
God I loved this, I loved how it began (as I'm starting to see you have quite a gift with beginnings, don't you?) and it was so funny, the kind of humor I've always really loved, when something is implied in one scene and then comes back in another: "Lay off the fat cakes, Oliver." Jade's probably right about the fat cakes.
And the Eat Pray Love reference, hilarious!

What really surprised me (although thinking on it now it really shouldn't have surprised me considering the writer) was besides the humor and lightness of the story, there was a very real amount of depth, you know? The situation with Beck's parents was sad (and also kind of different, most people assume Jade's parents have the problems and that Beck's are alright) but you lightened it and shortened it, there was still angst but a minimal amount: enough for drama and a healthy spark of emotion but not to the point of doom and gloom.

As always I could imagine everything in perfect clarity in my head, I could see every scene as if I was watching a movie, Jade with the tech team I especially liked, as well as the Beck/Sikowitz scene.

I loved the altering point of views, as I've said before you write Beck and Jade very differently, so much so that it feels as if I'm reading one of those collab books where one writer writes one scene and another writes the next.

I liked the friendships of the characters (one of my favorite things in fics is reading the friendship of all the characters (TYSW had loads of that and it's one of the things I really loved about it) You always manage to keep them so true to themselves, something very admirable and not easily done. Jade especially was exceptionally well done, but I think you really excel at writing her no matter what the case. The Robbie/Jade friendship in particular I really liked because you did it in a way that was believable and a joy to read.

I'm not sure if this is the bit where I name my favorite lines yet, but I'm going to go ahead and do that now cause it's my favorite part:

"She's getting better at least, enjoying moments that had once been occupied with Full House marathons or scouring his Slap page for other girls who might have left traces of his infidelity."

This is kind of what I was talking about when I said how good you were at summarizing (the part about Beck's parent's marriage as well, now that I think on it.) It's like exactly what Jade and Beck's relationship was condensed into 20 words, condensed into 20 perfectly strung-together words.

"She's exasperated, and he must know this so she sighs loudly. "I would have been fine if you hadn't caught me off guard." Story of her life, isn't it?"

"He remembers how the song, hazy like a morning fog, had left him not knowing if he was rising out of a dream or easing into one."
Probably my absolute favorite line in the entire thing. God Stephanie, that was just ugh. One of those things you just read and exhale out and read again, you know? It was just so lovely, the whole setup for how they met was lovely but that line in particular, just wow.

I just really loved it okay, and I keep going back and remembering more things that I loved. Your angsty stuff is gold, but this just proves that you can do both. I'm really, really looking forward to the next chapter, I can't wait to see what you have in store!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/11/2012
Hmmm...this is interesting. I'm curious as to what you'll do with part-two.