Reviews for The Other Hawthorne
S chapter 13 . 4/16
Such a sweet ending to this story. I'm sad that it's over, even though I did read it all in the past two days. Still. I'm glad I guessed that Katniss was pregnant through the first line. :P Love that Katniss and Peeta are happy, I would've loved to have seen how Gale and the rest of their family had settled in the time. But thanks for the nice ending. And fo the wonderful story!
S chapter 12 . 4/16
That was a nice ending. A whole lot of character changes that I didn't see coming, especially with Peeta's mother. I'm thinking that the reason why Gale finally accepted Peeta is because he was forced to realize what not having Peeta would mean and he didn't want that. It's sad that Peeta's mom wanted to be a good mother, but it just wasn't in her. I love how Katniss and Peeta got back together. And he's working at the bakery! Looking forward to seeing the epilogue!
S chapter 11 . 4/16
I had a feeling that something like this was going to happen. Unfortunately, this hurt more than I was expecting it to. I'm looking forward to seeing how Peeta gets Katniss back, because he has to. And I hope that Gale apologizes for being an a**hole, along with accepting Peeta already.
S chapter 10 . 4/16
So sweet! I love how they comfort each other in nightmares, and before they are intimate. Reassuring the other that they are beautiful in their vulnerability as well as this is where they want to be. So cute!
S chapter 9 . 4/16
I was wondering if Gale had seen the kiss last chapter and if he would ever act on his feelings. Glad to see that Katniss got a good punch in. I love seeing Peeta's carefree moments with the girls, looking forward to the next chapter!
S chapter 8 . 4/16
I like their talk on the Hawthorne porch. It's nice to see Katniss accept her feelings and actions and I love Peeta's explanations of colors. The part where Katniss being so affected by him in school is so cute. And it can only be a matter of time before everyone begins to talk about something else. I'd like to think that Peeta once again reclaims the bakery by the end. :)
S chapter 7 . 4/15
Oh, poor Peeta. It's so sad that his heart is broken! And it was a nice backstory, Hazelle and Kale's. I liked knowing what happened. I'm excited to see what's next!
S chapter 6 . 4/15
I really liked Peeta's memory/dream. It was sweet seeing them all as carefree children. And seeing Katniss dream about Peeta is great. She can't fight her undying attraction to him. :D I wonder if Peeta's going to ask anyone about his dream. It'd be weird for Gale to remember that, I think.
S chapter 5 . 4/15
It's really annoying me how much Gale hates Peeta. I mean, I know it's canon, but seriously dude. Imagine yourself in that position, Gale, then act. I like how Katniss is affecting Peeta's decisions and how Hazelle really wants to help out Peeta. It's sweet of her for trying.
S chapter 4 . 4/15
I like the idea of Katniss filling Peeta with hope. But I'm not really enjoying how Gale feels the need to show his dominance. Like, why didn't he tell Katniss he liked her before? Would he have ever told her if Peeta hadn't showed up?
S chapter 3 . 4/15
Yay for the kiss! I love how the Everdeen women are patching Peeta up. Can't wait to see what you have left in store!
S chapter 2 . 4/15
Amazing. I'm curious to see why Hazelle allowed Peeta to come live with them and how she learned of her husband's infidelity. And whether or not Gale will ever come to accept Peeta. Is he an actual womanizer? That's a little sad, but I'm curious to read more!
S chapter 1 . 4/15
Interesting plot. It's something I can't wait to continue reading, Peeta being Gale's half-brother!
loveoverpride chapter 13 . 11/28/2015
As you know, I read the story in one day... Very rich story plot. Of course, I'm a sucker for all things Peeta, so reading his road to healing was very touching. Then combining everyone else, including Katniss and Gale was intriguing. Very impressed. Great job, Stacy.
kelmikmag chapter 1 . 7/20/2015
Really good, but really long chapter - not complaining!