Reviews for Thrown A Rope
kgmohror chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
I love your work!
Lauralee63 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Beautifully written, a perfect insight into the mind of Steele.

You understand what drives, motivates and inspires him and blend it perfectly with what has shaped him in the past to provide a very clear picture of him, of them.

I love the way he thinks about Laura, those deep feeling were very much there right from the start.

"Laura Holt was not one night stand material. His curiosity about her was not merely physical. He wasn't just thinking about how she looked naked, or what position she favoured or what sounds she would make in the heat of passion. These things crossed his mind - he was human, but they were escorted by other, more troubling thoughts, like what her dreams might be or what she would say if he told her the truth about himself."

"Then there was the unfinished nature of his pursuit. She had escaped the hook. If he went ahead and vanished somewhere else, he'd never know what they could have had. He wanted that smile to greet him across the pillow. He wanted that soft, sweet, lilting voice to be the last thing he heard as he fell asleep. He wanted her to ask the questions he couldn't answer, just so he knew that they mattered to someone else. He wanted to play the part of her ideal man. He longed to impress her."

I love those wonderful parting lines too, nicely done. :)