Reviews for Within the Hall of Justice
Ky03elk chapter 1 . 11/28/2013
Oh i so could see Castle boring his gaze intently into Kate and hoping just a little that something would come of it this time!
thanks
Beetlebug chapter 1 . 4/20/2013
Powered Activated! Great references and I had underoos too haha

Andy
corlando chapter 1 . 3/29/2013
I'm so glad you wrote this. Much like Castle, I was huge fan of The Superfriends as a kid. I remember sneaking downstairs early on a Saturday morning while everyone was still asleep just to see if it was on yet. So I completely understood Castle's frustration when no one got his Wonder Twins reference. Now, my husband and I occasionally say "Wonder Twins powers activate!" (Don't laugh)

But my favorite part of your story was this..."Ricky Rodgers had once imagined that he had achieved a psychic connection with his goldfish, Bo. He had stuck his finger in the fishbowl and concentrated on telling the fish where to swim. It worked . . . but he was six . . . and the fish really hadn't had many options."

So cute and it sounds like something a little Castle would do. Love it.
Twyger chapter 1 . 11/5/2012
Cute story. Rick gets to have wisdom with his age as well as a larger arsenal of remembered cartoon characters! Thank you!
tshlw chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
LOL Felt the same way the reason they didn't know was to young. Loved all the cartoon references. Yes he does have a superpower over her.
drizzlyNovemberInMySoul chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Again,
this was super sweet and funny. When I watched the "handshake" on TV my heart was racing - and I'm really not someone, who falls into things like that... romance hardly gets to me :)
Thanks for deepening the moment even more! (again!)

All the best!
Mark C chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This was wonderful.

I really enjoyed how you took the Super Friends reference, especially being the Wonder Twins, and ran with it. I felt for Rick when the guys and Kate didn't catch/understand the Wonder Twins or Super Friends.

The ending was very sweet and by using what comes naturally to him, Rick had his very own super power.

Excellent job.
duckys-dream chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Oh no! I am a generation Smurf child! A softie, actually. Smurfs, Gumby, My Little Pony, Carebears. Girly stuff! I hope that doesn't loose me too much street cred? :P I would happily live in a DC Comic universe though. The Flash is among my favourites, I don't know why, and I've ALWAYS had a soft spot for Robin. :)

I love how absolutely into this Castle is. To the point of this: He honed his thoughts so intently that he could almost see the translucent rings that bore his soul floating between them.

It's so exactly him, so perfectly him! So much fun! And it's very, very sweet and super awesome that he wants to use his super power not only for GOOD but for Kate Beckett. :)

Gosh, I didn't think it was possible but I want to finish Bated Breath more than EVER now!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
awesomeness. :)
CuffedBunnies chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
I. Love. This! I was the only one in my circle that caught the Wonder Twins ref, too. Thanks for thinking of the handful of us that are "old enough" to get it. lol ;)
Deb838 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Haha - there were a few references their that I remember well, though the Wonder Twins isn't one of them unfortunately... maybe we didn't get that in Australia; I don't know - but I did watch a lot of television back in the day.

That was cute.
Ryalin chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
OMG, that was so funny! Comparing Ryan to Gleek had me spitting out diet coke. Must remember not to take a sip while reading. Great job!
nahbois68 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
OMG-underoos! I had the Princess Leia pair, but didn't get to wear them for too long (damn boob fairy!) I loved all those toons, and others like Thundercats and Silver hawks
LittleLizzieZentara chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
A creative one shot worthy of the imagination of Richard Castle.
RGoodfellow64 chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Ahhh, that last paragraph...now THAT is a super power!