Reviews for Bringing up Daughters
ohtobealady chapter 1 . 2/23
A few bits that I particularly liked: "Lady Mary Josephine Crawley seems a rather large name for such a tiny person to carry" and "If they must take her outside, it is not going to be her fault if something should happen to her" (because gracious that sounds just like Mary, lol)

Lovely, lovely comparison of mother and daughter with their first little babies...I realize this was written long before the Christmas Special of Season 3, but I do rather like the idea of Mary having a daughter (and furthermore having Matthew there, lol). It provides a nice contrast and yet bonding for Cora and Mary (a mother-daughter relationship that I really adore because of how dissimilar the two are, but more similar than they'll allow). But all-in-all this was very lovely.
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 4/3/2013
This is really one of the sweetest things ever!

Cora's section was lovely. Her first-time nerves were brilliant, and I loved how you captured Mary's personality at even a month old, haha. Cora's wonder over her daughter was lovely, and the walk outside was sweet, especially when Robert joined to help her at the end. Aww, proud parents indeed.

My favourite line from that section definitely had to be about Mary's name, though, and how it seemed too big for her. That was a very nice image!

And I loved the parallels with Mary and her daughter, with Cora as the experienced one and Mary as the nervous mother. Cora and Mary are so alike anyway, so it was great to see their thoughts almost matching (though I bet all first-time mothers would be just as anxious about such a thing!). And it made me smile to see that Matthew was not nearly as scared as Mary, haha.

Such a sweet little oneshot!
Emily31594 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Sweet and beautiful little parallelism there, lovely images.
Settees-under-siege chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Love it so much! You weaved it together so perfectly and yet it was parallel and 90 degrees in places too. So well done! :D
thorteso chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
I very much enjoyed these two stories. Both nervous for different reasons, but the result is all the same.
Thanks for sharing!
On either side the river lie chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Oh, I loved it, thank you for such a lovely story. M/M and babies is so delightful. Cheers, keep writing!
shana.rose chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Awww so sweet. My favorite line is "Only a month old and she is already expressing her likes, dislikes, and displeasure with alarming frequency. She is most certainly her daughter."

That line cracked me up!
spottedhorse chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
Sweet. So very, very sweet.
KingdomHeartsNerd chapter 1 . 10/12/2012
N'awwwwwww! Adorable! I hope this actually happens; though I believe a boy will be first, in 1921.