Reviews for Lifting The Veil
Guest chapter 3 . 11/8/2012
sorry to tell you but you have them loaded the wrong way the future and the past needs to be switched around
ggfan01 chapter 3 . 10/17/2012
This was beautiful- loved seeing 3 generations!
BlueOrchid96 chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
Beautifully done!
Caskett1 chapter 3 . 10/15/2012
God I LOVED this story. BEAUTIFUL. Just read all three chapters in one go. You two are really amazing writers.
Because of the summary I expected it to be 3 generations of women but didn't know in the beginning if you were describing Kate or not. After half of the first chapter it became clearer it couldn't possibly be Kate so I wasn't surprised to find out it was her daughter. It was a really wonderful first chapter, very quiet and beautiful, especially in the description of the dress.

The second chapter was sooo GOOD oozing giddyness all over. I was grinning like a fool the whole time imagining Kate almost running to the altar while her dad tried to slow her down. LOL And the more or less silent exchange between Castle and Beckett was really cute and funny - "I'm not going anywhere" - LOL, loved that line. And then he's the one asking what took her so long, ha! Also the image of the marathon describing her walk down the aisle but also their journey together over the last couple of years - yeah, sooo beautiful. LOVE
Captain Gates being the one to join them - nice touch, and the "favorite hindrance and help" line - hahaha, interesting and perfect wording! Oh Castle!

Loved how the third chapter described Johanna's wedding day and how she kept drawing all these parallels to the courtroom - hmm, once a lawyer always a lawyer I guess. Also loved how you incorporated the law talk, "Motion to be free, happy and in love...granted." LOL
And she's already pregnant with Kate, awww. And Jim doesn't know yet. And she's already picked out the name - apparently Jim doesn't get a say in this. LOL Awww all the feels, guys!
Also loved how she's thinking about how she'll tell him she's pregnant and comes up with this idea, "I take you James, to be my lawfully wedded husband. To have and to hold, in sickness and in baby." Hahahahaha, sooo funny. I can totally see that. Or more accurate, since I don't know Johanna, I can totally see Kate pulling a stunt like this. So it stands to reason she got this mischievous streak from her mom.
Also, I noticed all three of them - Johanna, Kate and her daughter - they all have the lip biting thing in common. Ha, absolutely LOVE this!

Loved that you wrote in the end "The Beginning" instead of "The End", so fitting.

But there is one thing I don't really get. I looked at some of your reviews and no one has mentioned anything so far, so I'm starting to think the problem lies with me and I'm probably really slow. Ha, who knew!? LOL
The titles of the chapters - since the dress symbolizes the "mix of past present and future" and the second chapter is titeled "Present" shouldn't the first chapter then be titeled "Future" since it happens in the future and the last chapter be titeled "Past" since it happened in the past? Or am I missing something here? Like some whole and encompassing metaphor I'm just too stupid to grasp? With my track record this could very well be possible, but hey, I refuse to believe it until proven otherwise. So, care to enlighten me?
greysoth4ever chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
i really loved the way you ordered this it was really different and really cool.
jadedromantic13 chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
Naaaaawwww! You two are killing me with the adorableness on my morning train ride! Now I'm that crazy person that grins to themselves! So, so cute! I love this little series, and this conclusion was no exception. I kind of love the idea that Johanna was jut pregnant when she got married. Makes the dress and the legacy even more special and beautiful!

Gorgeous work, ladies!
eyrianone chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
Okay teared all up with this one. Bravo girls.
lkwill39 chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
Very cool!
eyrianone chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
How on earth did you manage to make that funny but still make it sweet, romantic even poignant. Damn girls - well done.
lvncastle chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
Omgggg this is so freaking cuuuute! The banter is soooo them! Fabulous!
jadedromantic13 chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
You guyyyysss... This was all adorable and perfect and gorgeous again! I'm just chilling on the couch with this gigantic goofy grin and had to explain it away to my mother. Wouldn't trade it for anything though. This is just too cute- Jim trying to hold Kate back from running at Castle, the "I have a gun" "and handcuffs" part was so them! Can't wait for the next instalment!
4everBooth chapter 2 . 10/14/2012
So gorgeous!
lkwill39 chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
That makes my heart smile! Loved it!
Chkgun93 chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Another excellent addition to this great story.

Thank you.
BlueOrchid96 chapter 2 . 10/13/2012
Love the humor mixed in...just so, them. Oh, and that Kate couldn't wait to get to Castle.