Reviews for The Oakleaf or the Crown
kellyhorse chapter 27 . 6/2
Please update this. Please. I cant explain how much I want you to continue this. But its so utterly amazing and you need to finish it. Come back to us!
ZabuzasGirl chapter 1 . 5/1
Wonderful!
Update immediately, please!
Rangers Apprentice fangirl chapter 18 . 1/31
Wow, that last joke is really, odd...
Ranger E chapter 27 . 1/25
UPDATE PLZ! The suspense is too much!
Oddment101 chapter 27 . 12/7/2014
I like the story but to be honest the dialogue sounds a bit stiff. Most of the characters use 'will not' instead of won't or put in an extra word that isn't necessary. It makes them sound like robots. If someone was in a difficult situation I would think they would try to get their point across as quickly as possible, not give more time for their enemy to behead them.

Also I know Christiana is a princess and so would talk...crisper I think the word is? But characters like Will and Halt, I think , would have a more casual way of speaking. For example Will says 'I really did not expect him to spill his guts to you anyway'. The 'I really did not' made it sound tight and almost pompous but then if changes to the almost slang of ' spill his guts' making him sound just weird with and extra 'anyway' thrown in there for no good reason.

You also tend to do that in your writing, adding an extra word here or there that isn't really needed. When Watharen took out his sword you described it as 'Watharen's large battle sword', unless we were unsure which of Watharen's swords it was, there was no need for the 'large', it would have been fine as just battle sword.

I think you should practice using shortened words like don't or wouldn't because while 'will not' might sounds fine the first time, after a few times it will just get annoying.

Christiana feels a little unrealistic so far. Brave, smart, skilled, sharp-wit, honest(apart from her gender) and all-around trust worthy. But so far doesn't really have any major flaws. So far I feel any mistakes she's made are due to circumstances being against her or because she cares too much. Maybe a slight bit of temper here and there. Not exactly damning qualities are they?

I don't think your story is cliche at all. Yes It has a band of thief's and a princess probably soon to be ranger (really need to work on those mysteries) but apart from that it is interesting, especially Christiana's past.

So to summarise, shorten words to a more casual way of speaking, take out extra words and maybe give Christiana one or two more things to worry about. This is of course only my opinion and you can ignore, use it or throw rotten fruit at my review as much as you want. I really don't want to offend you but I am trying to be as honest as possible.

And I really hope you keep writing, it's hard to find good stories.
Willow Treaty chapter 27 . 11/27/2014
So none of the guards or anybody good heard Chris' scream? How did she survive?
MeSeesTheLight chapter 27 . 11/12/2014
YAY!
Martha Prebble is awesome chapter 27 . 11/12/2014
Loved this chapter and can't wait for your next update!
Hush Hush16 chapter 1 . 11/11/2014
Hmm... It's a really great story you know, you should continue... Like... RIGHT AWAY! #Excited
TheAspectsOfAetherius chapter 27 . 11/9/2014
Great chapter,ummm, my first review.. Anyways, I've been following your story for awhile now. It's one of my favorite fanfic stories out here. Love it, goodluck on next chapter.
StarlightGilgalad chapter 27 . 11/7/2014
Aaaah! Awesome!
kitty.bee1904 chapter 27 . 11/7/2014
AHHHH OH MY GOD THAT WAS SO INTENSE! Please please PLEASE update soon I need to know what happens! Ahhhhhh! (Also does Evanlyn know she's a girl? It seemed that way from her conversation... But I'm not entirely sure...) I loved that chapter and really need another one soon! Thanks for updating!
TerraThorn chapter 27 . 11/7/2014
I'm so happy to see another chapter out! I have greatly enjoyed following this story, and I look forward to watching the plot unravel! You've created some very intriguing and fascinating characters - Watharen is such a mystery to me! Please don't give up on this story! It is going very well!
Samuel La Flame chapter 27 . 11/7/2014
This chapter was great and, honestly, the whole princess in disguise thing was perfectly fine. I actually kinda liked it. As for The Royal Ranger... it was all right but with little to no Halt, very little Horace, barely any Evanlyn, dead King Duncan, dead Crowley, dead Alyss and a completely OOC Will it honestly wasn't as enjoyable as I had hoped. Particularly the Halt part and the OOC Will seeing as Halt is my favourite character and I liked Will the way that Flanagan portrayed him in the other books. Anyway, I really liked this chapter and can't wait until you post the next!
Dapplepath chapter 1 . 10/11/2014
:) Nice first chapter! I love the name Christiana!