Reviews for The Oakleaf or the Crown
Lillyheart chapter 25 . 4/15
I love this story. I think that it is kind of funny how nobody has figured out that she is really a girl yet.
Martha Prebble is awesome chapter 25 . 4/15
Can you PLEASE update? I really love this story!
DragonflameX chapter 25 . 3/17
Update plz!
Ahhhhhh! I need to read more! Please add more chapters. It just ended...ahhh...what happens to Chris!? Love the story! :D
rangerpowerz chapter 25 . 2/16
i love it just read it all!
when next update?
TerraThorn chapter 25 . 2/14
Hey Sapphira,

Great story! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading about Christiana, and I am looking forward to reading more! I dare say that this plot is on par with the books. I, as a reader, feel like I know the characters. This is a rare quality in fan fiction, so kudos to you.

May I offer a small detail suggestion? Have someone, by the end of the story, announce that they've known for a while that Chris was a girl, before she told anyone. The clue would be in her throat. Most boys develop an adam's apple around puberty, whereas women do not. It can be a subtle thing, especially since Chris is young. Perhaps Cassandra? Or even Will, if he can keep a secret for that long. Whoever notices, it would say something about him or her by keeping it a secret, and it would add further depth to his or her character.

On another note, I want to touch on a potentially sensitive topic. Please believe me when I say I mean no offense. My concern is that you have such great potential as a writer, I would hate to see you lose an important part of your audience because of such a simple thing as grammar and spelling. While it is true that you could submit a story for publication and get it edited to perfection by a publishing company, there are no editors in a public forum like this site. The occasional error is certainly understandable, but consistent misuse of words like 'there,' 'their,' and 'they're' disrupt the otherwise enjoyable and smooth flow of the story. The easier it is to read at the sentence level, the more your audience can appreciate the story as a whole. A final concern is that innocent grammatical errors may teach young or learning readers incorrect grammar, and it becomes an endless cycle from generation to generation of writers.

Again, I don't want to sound harsh, mean, or overly critical. I merely see a great amount of potential in your writing, and I want to see you become the best you can be. I don't know how old you are, but has anyone ever suggested that you become a full-time writer? It is just a hop and a skip away from what you are doing with fan fiction.

Regardless of whether you incorporate my suggestions or not, I still look forward to your upcoming chapters. I'm not one for developing plots, but if you want any pointers for grammar stuff, feel free to contact me (or google it - I certainly don't hold a monopoly on information). And if you have taken offense, I sincerely apologize, and I don't expect to hear from you again if that is the case.

Have a great day, and happy writing!

Terra
Sammy chapter 25 . 2/7
Can you please write more?
You have done a really good job on this chapter and I can't wait to read more!
Sam chapter 18 . 1/15
Can you please write more?
I't really good!
MeSeesTheLight chapter 25 . 1/7
AW SHIZZLES! PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP PEP

100 peps for you! PLS write!
abby chapter 25 . 1/5
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

YOU ARE... AMAZING!
Samantha chapter 25 . 1/5
This is really good. I really like the part about the coffee and Christiana saying that Halt looked too old!
Haha, I laughed so hard and Daniel (my little brother) looked at me so strangly but it only made me laugh harder at his expreshion.
Please can you write a big chapter tomorrow if you have time.
Samantha
Really happy you updated. The chapter was really good. 3
Mezzem313 chapter 25 . 1/5
Yay! Halt made an appearance! :)
StoneStorm22995 chapter 25 . 1/5
You did a very good job on this chapter. Your development of the characters keeps me interested, as well as the fact that you seem to always manage to have a cliffhanger at the end of every chapter. You did well with Halt, and as he is my favorite character in the books, I was glad to see him pop up here.

I didn't however write a review to gush all over your story. I'm pretty sure I've already established in past reviews that I already liked it.

There's a website that I take part in that is a writing/roleplaying Harry Potter website. It allows you to practice your writing in a less formal way (imagine that- less formal than fanfiction) and only takes a few minutes to get together a story and post. It excepts all different levels of writing, so some people are brilliant, and others horrible.

Hoping your going to check it out,
Storm
StarlightGilgalad chapter 25 . 1/5
It was Awesome! I wonder what Watharen wants... Ooooooh! Trouble is coming! When are they gonna find out she's a girl? This is gonna be interesting! Can't wait for the next update!