Reviews for Let's Fly as the Birds Do
Tohda chapter 31 . 2/10
Hello. First off, let me say that reading this story was like being in a roller coaster ride. There were those points that made me smile and those that made me feel really sad (not in a bad way). There were so many good points in the dialogues and I applaud you for being able to come up with this story. I understand this is a very old story and truth be told, it was something I read years ago when I was still in high school. I had to look for it in now when I realized that the YYH Fanfiction Bookstore was no longer working properly. It made such an impression on me which was why I searched for this even til now.

I'm sorry to hear about your experience as a child. I am also Filipino. Our schools taught us in English so I had no problems with that language since my classmates and I were practically equals when it comes to English language proficiency. In my case, however, I was bullied for not being able to speak the dialect of the province I was living in and also because I was (as per my classmates) weird. Like you, my early stories and poems reflected the experiences I had even though I didn't really think about it. Still though, I think our experiences provide us with different perspectives on things and I believe yours enabled you to write with such impact.

I hope you continue writing (whatever anime/manga/universe/original works) and wish you all the best!
Raywolf Shibelt chapter 31 . 8/22/2014
Nice ending. Your writing is good. And I'm so glad to know you're a Filipino! The thing that really disturb me in this story is the shower incident. Really. It's just too hard... But the story is really good.
Raywolf Shibelt chapter 26 . 8/22/2014
This chapter is really good. The previous before this, I really just want to forget that part. I just can't see Kurama letting it all happen. And because it's too hard to breath. Off for the next.
Raywolf Shibelt chapter 23 . 8/22/2014
Beautiful, and it made me cry. This is my favorite chapter so far. Off to read more.
LonelyLittleMuse chapter 31 . 3/28/2013
I really enjoyed this story and it was wonderfully written.
TwWereWolf chapter 12 . 7/27/2011
Usally I like Shiori, but in this chapter I just wanted to backhand her!:V A mother is someone who supports you when no one else will. She acts as through it is impossable for Kurama to lie, as though he truely is perfect. Everyone makes mistakes. Not that I'm saying him loveing Hiei is a mistake. No, never. My father always told me "Different strokes for different folks," and I have always believed that Love is Love. If you love someone, /truely/ love someone, than nothing else matters. (That is, if the feeling is mutual)It doesn't matter if it's a man loving a woman, a man loving another man, or a woman loving another woman. I personally believe I am streight, but if I fall in love with someone of the same gender, then so be it. We should not hide what the world needs most, nor should we be discrimanated for showing it. We should never hide love.
Kurama no Miko2003 chapter 31 . 10/20/2009
A very beautiful and moving story; if only the real world could be more accepting. I loved the DDR scene; it was so . . . them and I could see it just happening in my head. Wonderful piece, definitely one of the best stories I've read!
Kurama no Miko2003 chapter 14 . 10/20/2009
I wasn't going to review until I finished the story, but I must say that I love Honoka in this chapter. The very line she says at the end of her part of the chapter, when Kurama asks if what he and Hiei have is really wrong, echoes my thoughts on homosexuality as a whole. I love this story so far!
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 4 . 12/17/2008
I do love your integration of the human school life. I wonder how this turns out..
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 3 . 12/17/2008
hmm.. kurama doesn't seem much like a reincarnated demon. you're making him out to be a normal human and that's a bit annoying.
OctoberThirtyFirst chapter 1 . 12/17/2008
beautiful writing style.
amaltia chapter 1 . 12/5/2008
You know, this story is fantastic and timeless. It was one of the first fics I read and one of the only ones I consistently think of and go back to read again. :)
RedRoseKurama chapter 8 . 3/22/2008
:O it was so good! x3 but i dont see anything on this chappy. :[ do you know what happened?
TeamAbodo chapter 31 . 12/30/2007
this story is amazing. i absolutely love it! even though English is your second language, you write better than most people where english is their first language!

i'm shocked at how in-character you wrote them in! Hiei seems a bit nicer than how he normally is, but that's just an effect of Kurama being his lover fight? ::wink:: but you made most of the other characters (particually Kurama) in-character to the max! it's rare to see such 'in-character' characters in a fanfiction and it made this an even more plesant treat.

i would go more into how i love the problems Kurama goes through, how Hiei's sickness made me really happy, how i loved that Kurama's sensei got fired, and how i loved Kurama being abused, but not only would it get slightly creepy, but it'd be too long.

i've been looking for a story (the manga didn't matter anymore) that had a very realistic sense of the problems homosexuals go through, but ended in a happy ending. you not only wrote that fanfiction, you wrote it so truthfully, it's like looking in a window of a homosexual's abuse. sure there are demons, but if you look past that, it is.

again, absolutely amazing.
heartslogos chapter 31 . 8/6/2007
OMIGAWD this is such a sad and beautiful story...i'm kinda sad to see it end! D love this story.