Reviews for Taking Umbridge
Shad0wReaper133 chapter 13 . 2/15
Not a bad story, definitely an enjoyable read.

Could definitely use another pass or two of proofreading though, overall grammar in places, words spelled wrong, quite a few missed spaces, missed quotation marks, periods used when there should be question marks, and a few uses of "your" instead of "you're".

PS: Those reviews you shared last chapter are quite something.
The notion that men and women can't form relationships without falling in bed naked is just plain stupid so stick to your guns. We are sentient being granted free will to control our animal reactions. That sort of sets us heads and shoulders apart from the rest of the primordial goo that oozed out of the oceans to become life forms. I'm not too sure the creator was using good since when he/she did that, but it is what it is and I'm very thankful for it. It does make life MUCH more fun and interesting, and even perhaps worth while. The idiots you quoted are bound to eliminate themselves from the gene pool if they can't manage to use their brains any better than a rooster in a hen house. (Chickens are the animals that have been known to drown themselves looking up to se where the rain is coming from. Adds real meaning to "Too stupid to come in out of the rain.")
efachepis97 chapter 2 . 11/30/2020
"I'm withholding judgment; who knows, maybe you're just a foulmouthed magical artifact that likes to piss off the French and kill kittens, no? I remember reading that somewhere. (...)"

What a lovely coincidence! I remember reading that somewhere as well! I can only be grateful that I wasn't drinking anything as I read this line, or my snort would have been far more undignified and messy than it was. Thank you for the reminder of that excellent story, I haven't thought about it in a while and it's always fun remembering that kitten-killing, golem wielding version of the sorting hat!

Fond reminiscing aside, I have very much enjoyed your story thus far. I haven't come across anything quite like it before and am curious to see where you're headed. it's an interesting version of Fleur and I am very excited to see what you've done with Ron. We don't see enough stories that do him justice, so I latch on to them when I find them. Also, I like the idea of a Boudicca portrait, as well as your portrayal of her.
The Pathological Liar chapter 1 . 10/7/2020
You said most of the chapters were written so why is there a delay in posting?
CreativeRoadblock chapter 13 . 10/3/2020
Thanks for keeping writing through the criticism. See you in the next one.
CreativeRoadblock chapter 12 . 10/3/2020
Yo those reviews are wild. Truly deranged.
Renaissance567892 chapter 13 . 10/3/2020
Don't bother reading. Good story ... the author is a bit questionalble though.

Earlier chapter notes, and his author page, claim that he has all but the last few chapters for this story written, but not yet edited. Apparently real life has kept him busy.

I reached out both on Fanfic and DLP with offers of proofreading and being the beta reader. No responces. Either the author is dead or the story is abandoned. Story might be completed one day, but at the current rate of roughly one update/year that'll be in 2040 (as I'm writing it's been 9 months sinse last update on this and 2 years on When a Veela Cries). Don't hold your breath.

So far waste of website space. If you're going to start something finish it. Everything said here applies to "When a Veela Cries" by the same author as this.

Disappointing.
thunderofdeath97 chapter 2 . 9/30/2020
so septima is biased as well? naturally, who is fleur's boyfriend? and did you change the second task in the triwizard tournament? because i thought harry saved fleur from the grindylows, and gabrielle had a crush on harry?
Baby Huey chapter 13 . 9/23/2020
thank you for sharing this story with us. It is one of my favorites, and I eagerly await the next chapter.
The Disbelieving Wizard chapter 13 . 9/9/2020
Honestly, it's rare to find a Harry/Fleur story. Even rarer yet to find a slow burn one. I've found that most people that ship Fleur with harry rarely look at the person and thin that they just want the protagonist to end up with the de facto "Hot One", so for that this story has my attention.
Furthermore, the plot and how you deal with the confusion and lack of information is pretty awesome. The first person keeps new things coming and makes catching somebody up on recent events(Fleur" much more interesting. I'll be keeping a look out for any updates, and hopefully it will be soon. I myself have a lot going on so I completely understand what its like to have to drop hobbies in favor of improving your lifestyle.
Also, while still a little sudden, the build up to the kiss was phenomenal.
Best of luck, and send me a chapter early for you random act of kindness! HAHA
Magnusscipio chapter 10 . 8/23/2020
Having reached chapter ten I find myself mildly puzzled as to why Harry is almost continuously a background figure. Another point that perplexed me was how even the original author missed the crucial point that Harry was supposed to be Riddle’s equal. From that perspective Harry would be pretty special as regards speed and raw power which Tom Riddle was supposed to have in abundance, so logically Ron in your story would be flat on his backside as would Fleur in a duel. A reason why he doesn’t display the abilities of the one that the Dark Lord marked as his equal would flesh out how Ron holds his own. Some authors use the horcrux in his scar as a plot device which could be cliche but this is a fan fiction not the original so I say throw in as many as you feel comfortable with. Fleur one could easily grasp was by far more experienced so a result would understandably favour her. The description of Molly (who is a favourite character of mine) illustrating how she could have been the one to end Bellatrix was superb, giving the reader a definite understanding of how formidable a witch she was. Overall this is a well constructed story albeit with a dearth of the genre central character showing his mettle, but as it builds perhaps Harry will come into his own. Do please try to continue this as it has already displayed great potential to be a darned good read.
firesui chapter 12 . 8/21/2020
Your story is great. That person... gotta be politically correct now days dont want to offend a bitch lol... is a crazy most likely homicidal maniac who for some stupid ass reason decided to waste time and effort reading and writing bullshit reviews. keep up the good work
Just William chapter 13 . 8/3/2020
Wow, interesting story-line with interesting pairings. The guest reviewer (chapter 11) is a complete an utter nut-job who seems to have too much time on his hands and probably lives on his own. I can't understand why he has reviewed the way he has but think he doesn't understand the meaning of fiction ie "literature in the form of prose, especially novels, that describes imaginary events and people" or "something that is invented or untrue". As this is a fan fiction site, one would have thought that the nut-job would have understood the nature of fan fiction and reviewed in an appropriate manner. Please keep posting.
Just William chapter 8 . 8/2/2020
A semi-corporal owl should be A semi-corporeal owl.
Archleone chapter 12 . 7/13/2020
I mean, the guy made some good points. Ron/Daphne is a tragic abomination of a pairing. Naturally, I'm a big fan of Harry/Fleur, but also Harry/Daphne. And Harry/Fleur/Daphne. So, I think she's too good for Ron, even when he's supposed to be a more interesting and competent guy that usual.

The story is a little dull because it's Fleur-centric and the bulk of the drama and action is, of course, surrounding Harry and his closest friends. The mama-drama is sort of interesting, but it also feels kind of unnecessary. I think the part I dislike the most is that her mother had drunken rages that resulted in Fleur breaking a limb, and another where she was tossed into a fucking fire. That's a bit much.

I also don't personally enjoy how, comparatively, Ron is much "cooler" and has been sort of implied to generally be better than Harry so far. There's been some (more recent) hints that Harry isn't as much of a loser in comparison as it previously seemed but not quite enough to shake the image of Ron suddenly somehow being more heroic and powerful than Harry. Harry needs some more of that Chosen One stank.

Though I don't especially like Ron, a competent and super loyal version of him is typically nicer than the alternative. I just prefer my primary protagonist to also be the primary bad ass, so I want Harry to be more impressive. Though, with Dumbledore around, the bar is set pretty high. If he isn't one of those retarded "bash fic" versions of Dumbledore, anyway. If I had my way, Dumbledore's level of knowledge and mastery would be the bare minimum I'd like to see Harry reach. Eventually. The knowledge might take longer than the war, but the talent with magic feels necessary, considering Harry's position in the story. He's the Chosen One. Voldemort's "equal". Essentially his generation's Dumbledore, as far as Dark Lord opponents go. He's just... way too plain and boring canonically.

The rest of the shit that guy said was hilarious though. I really enjoyed the "kill that fucker at least twice" bit. I mean, at least he's thorough. Did he compare Ron to Herakles, or am I reading too much into it?