Reviews for The Lady Of The Lake

I THOUGHT THEY WOULD BE TAKEN FROM THE ARENA

I THOUGHT THEY WOULDN'T DIE

THIS BETTER BE PART OF THE PLAN
Guest chapter 1 . 12/7/2015
Sorry for the rude attitude, but this chapter isn't great. You have too many extraneous words and phrases. There is comma abuse. And your OC sounds insufferable, with her exotic name, strange manner of speech ("Truly, I don't...? Why?), and her supposed love of books, even though she didn't name any. She sounds like a huge Mary Sue. Not to mention there is so much telling and not nearly enough showing. You tell me that District 4 is into fishing, that the people of the District doesn't like staying indoors, and that the OC and her family don't keep secrets from each other. You need to tell us.
Guess chapter 50 . 11/29/2015
This is a beautiful story! It has made me laugh and cry and shout and completely sucked me in. Your writing style and the characters you developed were absolutely brilliant!
EisForElephant chapter 50 . 11/15/2015
ok so i just read the new sky/cato story and nostalgia took over me so i just had to reread the lady of the lake and i cried and laughed all over again. thankyou:D update your new story soon!
angelgrl chapter 50 . 9/28/2015
Wow wow wow. I finished this in 2 days, staying up until 2am even though I had to get up at 6 for work. I can't believe how amazing this story is. I adore Sky and Cato and the foil between Sky and Katniss- two symbols of the rebellion, two sides of the same coin. I adore the slow build of Sky and Cato and the sudden eruption of their relationship during the games when they finally release their pent up sexual frustration with each other in the forest. I love how you incorporated their relationship with Peeta and Katniss's and how both of their relationships are the reason why more than 1 Victor is allowed to win. I love how you breathe life and personality in all the Tributes that we only get a small glimpse of in the books. Once the Quarter Quell part began, I started to get so anxious because I didn't know how you would write Finnick's part afterwards - the Rebellion and his possible death. I was so glad that he was still alive towards the end, but absolutely devastated with what happened to Annie. Absolutely devastated, but it was a fitting way for her to go out. Protecting her child and everyone who had kept her grounded in reality - to protect the possibility and hope that her child would be able to grow up without the fear of becoming Reaped and becoming so emotionally distraught like Annie. I love how you instill so much humanity into the Tributes - especially the Careers because they were more portrayed as the antagonists in the books and I loved reading more about them as people - not a soldiers trained to bring victory to their district. The hardest parts for me to get through was all the deaths though - because they were written so genuinely, accurately capturing what it's like to fear war and how death due to war affects so many people. I can't begin to imagine how you decided who would live and who would die. I wanted everyone to magically live through everything, but war doesn't come without tragedy, without death, without orphans. It broke my heart every time and yet, Sky's words managed to give closure every time. I find the she represents the healing process - the epitome of love and forgiveness - that each and every one of us has to go through when we lose someone we love. This story touches on so many aspects of humanity and I applaud your skill at making me feel all these emotions. One last note, I love how the concept of family is so central to your story here. It makes the triumph all the more better, but the deaths all the more tragic. I can't wait to read more of your fics - especially if they involve the entire cast of your characters here.
anna123 chapter 50 . 9/19/2015
You have a talent for writing. I enjoyed this story immensely. You brought me to tears a few times-especially during the Quarter Quell, and that is a marker for a well written piece in my books. I like that you followed the story line of the Hunger Games but that you completely brought your own ideas into the mix - so often there are very few things that actually change when people do this. I like the original arenas and I think your OCs were well thought out and brought a nice dimension to the story. Fantastic job! I'm going to your page now to see what else you've written.
KnowlingGirl chapter 50 . 9/10/2015
This was so brilliantly wrote, ive laughed and cried many times with the characters. Thank you for this. It was magical
Guest chapter 2 . 9/3/2015
I love the relationship between Mags and Finnick. It's different from the the book but a refreshing different. And realistic too.
Lil Miss Sunshine14 chapter 50 . 8/25/2015
You are a wonderful writer, this story was beautiful and heartfelt. A work of art. I want to say, it seems like more people died in here than the actual books, but it only feels that way, because we knew them the way the shoul d have been. They had names and stories. This was amazing.
XiaoYeJianYuan chapter 1 . 6/30/2015
Hi, can I translate your story into Chinese and post it on website?
TennesseeTrouble369 chapter 50 . 6/7/2015
You have done an amazing job start to finish. I have to say that it makes me very sad that I won't see this in print on sale. I am glad that you are writing your own novel and I cannot wait to read it. Just to let you know I think I have cried more reading this, than I did when I read the actual trilogy. This is an amazing piece of work, thank you.
Aprilenia chapter 50 . 5/20/2015
Hello!

I started to read your fanfiction just this very morning and read through it in one sitting. In fact I write this review just a few minutes after I read the last chapter, and I am still shaken, emotional. I LOVED the way you wrote this story, the characters and your plot. It was amazing and sad and throughout the end I cried and cried till I had not enough tissues at home.

Being honest with myself I really hate stories that stretch over years. No, it's not as if I would lose interest. It is rather the fact that I get very melancholic. Just thinking back to when Sky and Cato first met, to Darrien and Marvel and to all that they had to go through. To precious Finnick who was written so beautiful of you. Just thinking about these very beginnings of your story - any story in fact - makes me incredible sad. And after reading everything, coming to end of the last chapter - it just hurts so much, like all of these amazing characters just died altogether.

Thus, dear author, I thank you very much for making me smile, laugh, cry and for being angry and despaired (yes, I shall not forgive that scary plot twist).

What you have written here is truly amazing.
Thank you, very, very much..
Kiauna Gray chapter 2 . 5/6/2015
I love Mags and Finnick's relationship. They play off one another beautifully.
Guest chapter 3 . 4/26/2015
Cato in this story oh my god I can't even
Guest chapter 2 . 4/26/2015
finnick and mags are hilarious in this seriously but i also love Schuyler a lot
1,340 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »