Reviews for Youkai In The Mirror
Simply-Zerah chapter 39 . 1h
HOW DARE YOU GIVE US A SANGO CHAPTER AFTER HOW YOU ENDED THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER! xD But this WAS important. Still. ;)

Small typo: After Sango wakes up and Hojo is holding her as she sobs, the last sentence before the break is missing its period.

I am struggling with this weird feeling because I get Sango has been through a MESS and so many secrets, so it makes sense (and it's good) for her to bond with Hojo and trust him more than anyone, but the MirSan in me is going "BACK OFF slayer boy, she belongs with Miroku!" Lol.

When Miroku's hand lowered, for a split second I worried he was going to grope her in an ill-timed comedic relief moment, so I was so glad to see it was a lot more ominous and serious of a movement. I'm intrigued on how you develop both he and Sango's characters from here. Like WILL there be MirSan, or will that angle not fit/work in this AU? Not going to lie, if there IS going to be MirSan I dont yet see how on earth we'll get there so it would be a surprise either way. :)
Simply-Zerah chapter 38 . 2h
Small typos/error:
- When InuYasha is undoing the bandage at her hip it says the bandage rested on her waist and into the folds of her legs, but the waist is higher than the hip. So maybe it rested across her lap and into the folds of her legs?
- When InuYasha is wondering how to fight wolves and protect Kagome he thinks "Could he fight with her on her back?" Instead of "with her on HIS back"
- When Kagome starts kissing him coming out of her dream, there's a missing quotation mark after she says "You saved me. (no closing quotation). And then there's an opening quotation mark missing when she starts to grind on him and he curses 'Fuck, ah, Kagome" (an apostrophe instead of opening quotes)
- When InuYasha tries to tell Kagome that she's only feeling this was because of her near-death experience, he says "you almost died tonight. Twice" but it was weeks ago, not that same night.

Okay now that that's out of the way OH. MY. GOD. HOW COULD YOU END IT LIKE THIS?! MY HEART! MY HEART! WHYYYYYYYY?! I mean I get why but WHYYY-HI-HI-YYYYYY?! And yes I know all I have to do is click Next because I'm lucky enough to not have read this chapter live BUT MY HEART. INUYASHA LET HER SAY IT. LET SOMEONE LOVE YOU. YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS AND SHE CHOSE YOU. SHE CHOSE YOU. IT'S NOT A SPELL. IT'S NOT A TRAP. AND YOU LOVE HER TOO DAMMIT YOU KNOW IT YOU KNOW WHAT THIS IS. YOU WANT HER WITH YOU ALWAYS, NOT JUST IN BED. INUYASHAAAAA

THIS CHAPTER. THIS CHAPTER BROKE ME. I'M FEELING SO MUCH AND I CANNOT. To go from such tenderness, such respect despite his urges, then to protectiveness (and yeah some possessiveness but it's a youkai thing), then to his attempts to control himself because she's dreaming, AND THEN THAT FRIKKIN HOT MAKEOUT SESSION THAT IS EVERYTHING IS RIGHT WITH THE WORLD, ONLY TO END LIKE THAT! MY HEART! THIS CHAPTER BROKE ME!
New favorite chapter thus far! This was incredible!
Simply-Zerah chapter 37 . 4h
How could I ever have doubted you? These moments of emotional intimacy are MELTING me! MELTING! How could I ever have doubted they'd exist just because Shippo entered? I humbly apologize and stand gleefully corrected!

Small typo: In the paragraph after Kagome recalls that InuYasha kissed her back, it says
"But isn't that what she'd decide as he answered her with his kiss? Didn't she decided that she couldn't live..." the typo is "decide" and "decided" need to switch places.

I grinned like a fool at the way InuYasha averted his eyes when he admitted how he warmed her. Oh man to be in his mind during THAT would have been PRICELESS lol

That nightmare was legitimately horrifying! You REALLY write emotions so palpably. My heart wanted to scream and cry with her.

That ending image of InuYasha sitting behind her again, holding her to his chest, gently removing the bandage, and her just letting it fall... WOW. Again, the way you write emotional intimacy is so beautiful. I'm melting into a pile of happy shipping goo. :) Beautiful chapter!
Simply-Zerah chapter 36 . 9/22
(To your end note) Oh agreed! InuYasha POV chapters are always the best! You write him so damn accurately and his mind and internal struggles (mentally and emotionally) are always fascinating!

And it made me smile all fondly at Kagome's shyness despite how far they went on Sango's roof. By the by, I don't remember if I mentioned it, because I think I assumed Kikyo fixed it, but didnt he rip her shirt the first time she let him out? Was that shirt fixed? I think I assumed it was along with the wound on her side so Kagome wouldn't think anything was amiss during her memory wipe.

God I love these moments between InuYasha and Kagome so much. I love how, more and more, each one had an element of tenderness (like in this one where Kagome breathing him in while he swims them back) and I just love how gradually and NATURALLY they're growing closer. With inukag fics it's so easy to rush their relationship but you aren't rushing at all! It feels so much more real because of that. Awesome pacing!
Simply-Zerah chapter 35 . 9/22
P.S. Because I forgot to say: NARAKU?! WHAT. WHAT?! I remember being surprised at Kikyo saying she defeated him because Miroku has his wind tunnel and, ya know, Naraku is ALWAYS the big bad. But I figured that Kikyo got messed up in the head while defeating him and maybe that was why she was a witch and not a priestess, why she's so demonic in her actions and face when fighting, and that maybe she purposefully recreated or kept Miroku's curse from lifting.

BUT THERE'S STILL NARAKU?! OH MY GOD THIS. IS. SO. GOOD.
Simply-Zerah chapter 35 . 9/22
AAAAAHHHHHH! *rapid happy clapping* And here I thought Shippo would stop the intimacy! AAAAAHHHH I AM SO HAPPILY CORRECTED. I hope InuYasha's eyes hardened from determination and not from disappointment in thinking the kiss just lust on her part and not something more.

Small typo: when Kagome falls through the branches and is lying on the ground in pain, it should say it was hard to "breathe" not "breath."

God this was amazing! Poor Kagome is literally breaking from all the falls and attacks and to hear her scream in pain or just scream obscenities was heartbreaking.
Simply-Zerah chapter 34 . 9/21
God that scene when InuYasha started digging was so heartwarming! I had the biggest smile on my face and all the warm fuzzies as he just smiled at her and watched her laugh. God that was so sweet.

Not gonna lie, I'm bummed Shippo showed up so soon. Lol I wanted more awkward, sweet, and intimate moments for InuKag. Not that awkward, sweet, and EMOTIONALLY intimate moments cant still happen, but the different, more physical kind of awkward or intimate isn't likely to anymore since Kagome tends to control herself better when she's playing mother. Darn it, Shippo! xD
Simply-Zerah chapter 33 . 9/21
I cannot fully fathom what Sango must be feeling. I mean you do fantastic with covering all the things shooting through her mind but I cant even begin to imagine how it FEELS. This whole thing is such a mess for them, especially her with Kohaku being controlled and being the one behind her worst injuries.

Small typo: When Hojo is checking her legs it says "coming them up again" rather than "covering"
Simply-Zerah chapter 32 . 9/20
This was so powerful... Wow. Just WOW!
From his thoughts to watch the sun, to smelling her pillow, to holding her close without realizing it AND with entwined fingers, to his struggle about killing again, to his anger in his accusations that she feared him and he was a monster -because he really didnt want to be that to HER- to that whole talk and Kagome's words...

THIS WAS INCREDIBLE.
Simply-Zerah chapter 31 . 9/19
I did not see Miroku tending to her wounds coming! What! :D
anon chapter 54 . 9/19
this is the first inuyasha fanfic i have read in its entirety (so far) and loved. the plot, the characterization, everything about it reminds me of the peak inuyasha popularity days and my love for it. i hope you’ll see this to the end and i can’t wait to read more. thank you!
Simply-Zerah chapter 30 . 9/19
Huh I never considered that Kikyo might have had a subspell affecting their desire for each other. It WOULD ensure a strong distraction. And if she's not behind it, I can't wait to see them figure out what is. :)

AND OH HELL YEAH IS KOGA ABOUT TO COME IN AND MAKE INUYASHA JEALOUS?! YES. And with InuYasha locked away during the day, this will be more of an ordeal than on the show lol.

By the way, does InuYasha still have human nights? I wonder if that will come into play in this AU.
Simply-Zerah chapter 29 . 9/19
Small note: somewhere is written "made-made" when I think you meant "man-made"

Oooohh man I cant wait for when she has to kiss him out. With both of them still feeling that pull from the other but both NOT wanting to indulge it, I cant WAIT to see that awkwardness. Or makeout. Whatever happens lol
Simply-Zerah chapter 28 . 9/18
P.S. I think you wrote "Kaede" instead of "Kagome" looked over their shoulder and InuYasha turned away so Kagome wouldn't think he cared. Unless I misunderstood.
Simply-Zerah chapter 28 . 9/18
Again that was INTENSE! God you write action and tension so well! Also, not going to lie, other than the blood-lust speel when he held the jewel shard, InuYasha's youkai side made me laugh this chapter. XD

God this gets better and better and I'm ADDICTED.
1,177 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »