Reviews for Another Blow
edwardfiend chapter 1 . 12/23/2012
YES! Go Branson! That was just a regular old fist a cuffs; very thrilling. lol. I really enjoyed this, it was nice to see Larry Grey getting his own back. Loved it.
Moa-Osen chapter 1 . 10/31/2012
I like the image of Tom kicking the crap out of someone. I think Tom fighting should be a sub genre in the fandom.
The Irish Chauffeur chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Very enjoyable. A good alternative take on what might have happened after the incident in the dining room. The reaction of Larry Grey to the news of Tom and Sybil's marriage etc is far more likely to have been the norm in the 1920s than the sudden acceptance of Tom by the Crawley family.

Anyway, you have been kind enough to review my story "Home is where the heart is" on a couple of occasions, so I will take this opportunity, given what has now happened with Sybil's character, to say good bye and wish you all the best in your writing.
BelleLitteraire chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Oh Lexa, this was your best fic yet. I really, really liked it! First, the action scene-that was more than okay, that was awesome. I could picture every thrown punch and tangle of arms; great descriptive writing. And goodness, I hope poor Mr. Grey has a voice left after getting elbowed in the groin!
The best parts: the echoes of Larry's lines that made it sound like they were reverberating in Tom's head and got angry enough to punch him. And Sybil reassuring Tom afterwards, glad she didn't yell at him for making a scene but instead reassured him. Come January, I'm sooo prepared to hate Larry Grey...
Thank you for the dedication, sweetie, and so glad the title worked out. (hee, I couldn't help but smile at "paupers.")
Guest chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
it's so unfair that we didn't get to see Tom punch Larry. I bet he knows how to fight too.
ScarletCourt chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Fisticuffs Tom. My oh my! I guess being drugged has one advantage in that is pacifist self has left the building. Glad Larry got his comeuppance! :)
history lady 24 chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Very sweet! And so fun to picture... :)
btvs chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
'If you ever talk about my wife' squeal he said wife! hehe! girly laugh.
'he reaches over and plays with her necklace.' I love the little details like this :)
and I love the end, she soothes him in every way and they are so special together...i love your stories :)
The Yankee Countess chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
THAT WAS AWESOME! Oooohhh and the fact that Larry, evil slimy Larry (I love evil slimy Larry-love to HATE that is) :oP said *that*...oooohhh is there anything sexier than a man defending a woman's honor? I mean, is there? Nope, don't think so. And the fact that he got his shirt ripped open *sigh* yep, I think I had a fangasm ;o)

Oh, and *LOVED* the line he threw at Larry too, about "if you ever talk about my wife..." oooohhhhhh Tom Branson you are just!

Thank you, thank you, this was wonderful. The fight scene was really good too, very action packed! Oh you need to write more Tom vs. Larry...Oh gosh, I had a fun idea...what if SYBIL stunned everyone and walloped Larry and Tom or Carson or Matthew had to pull her off him? :oP Oh Matthew and Tom team up and take on Larry together? Hehehehehe, I could do this all day!