Reviews for Stealing Time
Emily chapter 17 . 9/13/2015
Brillaint good to see u kept up the guvs personality
theHuntgoeson chapter 17 . 1/2/2015
I've only just found this story, and I love it! You have the characters spot on, especially Gene, sadder and darker since the departure of his friends to the pub, and the dream sequences are utterly authentic. So is the dialogue, redolent with Hunt one-liners. And the plot is very exciting, very well worked out, and kept me constantly on the edge of my seat as I read it. Great stuff.
bruxabrvxa chapter 17 . 2/14/2013
This is me melting down with your gorgeous fanfic. I want to kiss the life out of it, which is strange, since it is just a bunch of words put together in a computer. Imagine my frustration!

Now, now. This is brilliant. And completely canon to me now. I'm so over sad endings! XD Beautiful, beautiful! Your story is so well structured, and your Gene's voice is so genuine that I can hear Phil Glenister's voice when I read him. This is particularly amazing to me, since I struggle so hard to write Gene down and sound passable.

"'Not tonight. Quite fancy a night in,' he said, glancing down at his boots as he spoke.
'A night in?' she repeated, raising her eyebrows questioningly.
'Yeah,' he said, scuffing his feet on the kerb and looking more uncomfortable by the second. 'Just the two of us. Quiet like.'"

And I go all gooey and "awww" here. XD Even in the "sappy" moments Gene sounds genuine. ("Genuine Gene" ha-ha, alright, I'll stop here. X)

Jim Keats is certainly worst than a vampire. Feels like calling Dean and Sam Winchester time and again, every time I see him on screen.

I just didn't really like the supporting characters you introduced, the Sawyer girl sounded too much like a clear replacement for Shaz. But they didn't interfere in the gorgeousness that this piece of fanfiction is. I guess I can get used to them.

Which reminds me... I need to go and check "Eyes Completely Open"!
GeneHuntress chapter 17 . 12/31/2012
Loved this from start to finish, Lena86 - and what a fitting finish it was. Hope you write more very soon. :)

And a very Happy New Year! xx
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 17 . 12/29/2012
What an ending! You really had me scared when Jimbo turned up. I was convinced Alex and Gene might meet a very different fate, or that Liam would prove traitor again. Frankly I'd still like to know what Gene said to the latter, though I've got an idea or two.

In any event, the tone, the rhythm of the speech, the chemistry here were all just right. Thank you for a wonderfully well-constructed and executed story.
GeneHuntress chapter 16 . 12/18/2012
Phew. Feel like I've been through the ringer now! Excellent writing as ever, Lena86 - they always feel entirely in character. :)
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 15 . 12/17/2012
Reviewing out of order here, but suffice it to say this was a harrowing chapter, especially with the blunt description of what happened to Gene Hunt in the 1950s.
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 16 . 12/17/2012
You really managed to scare me with Gene's condition, especially since it's entirely possible things are not what they seem. I'm grateful you not only let him hang on but apparently have restored him to Gene-ness, injuries or no.

And I especially love that Alex spent the night wrapped up in coat, and that her rapport/chemistry with the guv is still going on, and they're even beginning to talk about the future. Praise be to God.

On other matters, good plot development, though I still don't quite know who can be trusted.
dm chapter 14 . 12/15/2012
oh no!
GeneHuntress chapter 14 . 12/15/2012
I'm on the edge of me seat yet again! Another excellent chapter.

And ta muchly for the mention! :)
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 14 . 12/14/2012
Oh, no. Oh, NO. This chapter is profoundly disturbing, with the only levity the characterization of Gene and Alex, the former tough and unconventional but decent, the latter feisty and razor-sharp.
GeneHuntress chapter 13 . 12/14/2012
Another cracking chapter. I have a feeling it'll get worse before it gets better somehow but at least they're a team again. And that kiss ... mmmm, lucky Bols! :)
fashiongirl97 chapter 12 . 12/5/2012
aww i love this story do much! it is completely like an actually episode! Loving this so much! more soon please :)
GeneHuntress chapter 12 . 12/4/2012
This gets more intreguing with every chapter. And the Guv and Bolly are so in character, circling one another, both afraid to let their guard down.

More soon, I hope? :)
Katie Duggan's Niece chapter 12 . 12/3/2012
Another suspenseful chapter, but also an unsettling one. Is Liam Clarke confused, tempted, or the enemy? Or an instrument of the enemy?

And is the bond between Gene and Alex broken or just in danger? One of the frustrations of the series was the way events (and people or forces) conspired to keep Gene and Alex apart. Let's hope it's not true here...