Reviews for Through The Gates
221BluePoliceBox chapter 1 . 7/2/2013
that was amazing! I loved that! You caught the emotion perfectly! You really caught the emotion of their death & the protection he has for Harry i'm interested to see a full story about him coping after getting out of askaban I really liked the start of the story with him getting out it was amazing! really well done I love you have so many stories focused on Sirius!
dragonflybeach chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
Awww, this made my heart hurt, with the pain and guilt Sirius still carried so many years later. Very well written story.
whirlwinds of watercolours chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
This was really heartbreaking. The description was really beautiful and paints a really vivid picture to the reader. Well done!
Ralinde chapter 1 . 11/21/2012
That was incredibly sad, but also beautifully written. I could just see Sirius walking through the cemetery, looking for James' and Lily's grave and feeling regrets over giving Harry away.
silver-nightstorm chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Wah, soo sad, but so well done! I love fics like this - tragic, but lovely.
slightlysmall chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
This is great. You sure can write some Sirius angst! (sorry... couldn't resist the pun...) His emotions are great here, and I love that he wasn't sure exactly how many years it had been, and how he was a dog at first and you described his half-madness well and paranoia... yes. Anyway, I loved it. Great work!
AmzyD chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
This was again, so deep and beautiful! I really loved it, you portray Sirius beautifully.
mountainrivergirl chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
This is beautifully written. I can picture this so easily in my mind, and believe that this could have happened. I love your characterization of Sirius-you really nailed this.
lowi chapter 1 . 11/17/2012
Oh my goodness. Yet again I'm stunned. This is incredibly moving - I feel so close to Sirius in this that it's amazing. You really have a fantastic way of writing, where I as a reader feel so immersed in the story that it feels extremely real. And your language is mind-blowingly beautiful. Fantastic work, loved this!
autumn midnights chapter 1 . 11/16/2012
This was an amazing fic. You captured Sirius so well, first of all, and I definitely think it would make sense for him to go to James and Lily's grave before he went to Hogwarts. He wouldn't have been able to see it before Azkaban, after all. I love your characterization of him, and the way that you write his feelings, thoughts, and emotions is just really well done. I like the glimpse of the friendship between Sirius, James, and Lily that we see here, and his grief over their deaths is shown so nicely. No spelling or grammar errors except for one little thing - 'Godfather' doesn't need to be capitalized, but that's insanely minor so it doesn't really matter. I like the fact that it was just Sirius-centric, without really any dialogue apart from him apologizing to James at the end, and I think that made this even more powerful. Amazing job, I really loved this!
alicenotinwonderland chapter 1 . 11/12/2012
This was so sad! Sirius' emotions and thoughts are written beautifully. I can picture the whole scene perfectly in my mind. The sadness, the desperation, his determination to protect Harry are all so well done. It nearly made me cry at the part where Sirius remembers the night they died but it was beautiful. I loved how he talks to James at the end and not both of them, it really brings out how strong their bond was. Well done!
The Crownless Queen chapter 1 . 11/11/2012
It's really sad. I love it though, how Sirius is going to 'see' his friends when he escape Azkaban. I really like how you write it, I can feel the emotions... Good work!
glowing neon chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
This was so sad ;_; This piece flows lovely, and it's quite a nice idea. You may want to watch that you don't repeat words/phrases - for example, you mentioned that the light in James' eyes had died out, and then you said that Lily's eyes had 'gone out' too. The last paragraph also needs a bit of change in the grammar; the last sentence should be split in two after "marble".
KatnissandPrimWeasley chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
Very nice! There are a few technical mistakes- paragraph 8, medal should say metal. In paragraph 2, Dementors' should just say Dementors, without the apostrophe. Second to last paragraph should start off as "Sirius didn't know how long.." instead of "Sirius didn't how long", although that was probably a typo.
Great job, overall. I really like it.
-Prim
Forever Siriusly Sirius chapter 1 . 11/9/2012
Ok. I just read your sirius death fic. Am listening to eyes open by TS and right now read this. It is safe to say that this was the breaking point and tears are now streaming down my face.

I loved this so much. God, seeing Sirius break down and feel like he failed was was so heartbreaking and bitter and sad and ohmigod im crying.

This was beautiuffly written, i could really feel sirius' distress just like comming right off the page and it was so great,

You realise how hard it is for me to choose a favourite right?

*sobs*