Reviews for Broca Baby
Matthew G Given chapter 40 . 4/24
Wow, the perfect end to the perfect story and telling it from a random waitress's POV was inspired.

Thank you so much for putting so much hard work into this story.

Oh and Ser sounds like she has the exact same type of problem I have, so you nailed the details on that one too. Again thank you so much, this can't of been an easy story to write but I enjoyed every minute of it.
Matthew G Given chapter 39 . 4/24
Wow, Ser took it a lot better then I did when I found out about the same thing, at least she has better options then they had when I was a kid, at that time they would just stick you in a one size fits all special ed class and it really didn't help you, my mom had seen several kids who she had taught piano too, fall farther and farther behind under those conditions, so she decided to home school me. Sounds like things have improved in the almost 15 years since I finished school.

Oh and I like that the last baby was a boy, that was a nice little touch. Well only one more chapter to go, I will be sad to see this story finish but at the same time it feels like we are reaching the perfect end point, great job.
Matthew G Given chapter 38 . 4/24
Wow, great little pick me up chapter and I did not see that twist coming. Glad we didn't lose Jacob in this story too, right after losing the baby.

Oh and Jack thinks that is weird and believe me it will feel weird, I do have a friend who's sister had a baby when he was like ten, so he was an uncle at the age of ten, so these sorts of things happen in big families. I am just glad I don't have to deal with something like that.

Their family photos are going to take a bit of explaining to outsiders. :)
Matthew G Given chapter 37 . 4/24
See Jack and Sam this is what you get for not chasing him off with a shotgun, you become grandparents in your 40s and 30s, that shotgun option isn't looking too bad now is it?! :)

I like that you made it more realistic. On Dragnet Jack Webb never let Joe Friday get promoted above the rank of Detective Sargent, despite the fact that Joe was long overdue for a promotion, simply because the promotion would put him behind a dress giving orders to detectives instead of working the case himself, so he decided to stay on the side of realism and in case you have not caught on yet Dragnet is one of my favorite radio and Tv shows ever. So I say good for you with your nod towards realism.

Oh and health care worker like that woman need to get out. Whatever happened to "First do no harm"? Well if you scare girls away from seeking medical treatment, then you are doing harm. Also let's say you are an anti-abortion on demand Christian like me, well guess what by shaming this girl you are making them less likely to come to you for help and advise and more likely to get an abortion, how is that pro-life? Remember Jesus didn't stand in judgement of the Samaritian woman who came to well and had had five husbands and was living with a man who was not her husband, he ministered to her, so how is that Christian? People like that make me sick.

Oh and this was a welcome relief after the last chapter. Also as someone who grew up with working class parents who in the early years of their marriage spend a lot of time with my grandparents watching me while my parents both worked all day to make ends meet and get the down payment on a house because rental prices are insane where I live, can I just say you captured the feel of that perfectly with Cassie and Jack and Sam's reaction and describing the situation they are in. It just reminds me so much of my parents when they were first married. You got the details and feel just right, thank you again.

Great chapter.
Matthew G Given chapter 36 . 4/23
Wow, that was dark. Can't think of anything else to say, that was just heartbreaking.
Matthew G Given chapter 35 . 4/23
Yeah, I started reading Sherlock Holmes and Shakespeare when I was eight despite the fact that I had to be held back a grade when I first started school because I could not read well enough, so nothing is set in stone when it comes to children and reading. I like that you worked that into this story and that you seem to do your research about everything.

Also I am now wondering if the new baby will be a boy or girl and this feels kind of like how the series should have ended for Sam and Jack on the show only without the kids. Moving up the chain of command to desk jobs, but being together when they did it.
Matthew G Given chapter 34 . 4/23
Wow, that was so much more intense then the Tv version.

Boy I am glad my little sister has so far turn out to be less of a handful at 16, not sure I could take the stress if I found her kissing a boyfriend, let alone getting moody for reasons I don't understand. :)

Oh and Jack Bait is now I phrase I am going to try and use more often.
Matthew G Given chapter 33 . 4/23
Wow, well that was just creepy for Sam. I don't think anyone has it worse then the female lead in a Sci-Fi show, they collect alien stalkers, like I collect books, good night!

Oh and i don't want to pay that credit card bill. Once again an interesting new take on an episode.
Matthew G Given chapter 32 . 4/23
Wow,that was heavy and fun.

I like how you dealt with hearing loss, it was sensitive and well researched.

Oh and as someone who used to be one of the "nice" teenage boys who always was saying sir and ma'am to my elders can I just give Sam and Jack one calm word of advice...

SCARE HIM, DON'T TRUST, HIM OR LIKE HIM, SCARE THE CRAP OUT OF HIM! MAKE HIM AFRAID TO COME ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR HOUSE, TEENAGE BOYS CAN'T BE TRUSTED, KEEP HIM AWAY FROM YOUR DAUGHTER! STAR BRAGGING ABOUT HOW GOOD A SHOT YOU ARE WITH A GUN OVER DINNER, WHATEVER YOU DO JUST MAKE SURE HE LEAVES SCARED FOR HIS LIFE!

Than is all.
Matthew G Given chapter 31 . 4/23
I think you just scared me with that one note, well as long as it is Tv show Jack with a sense of humor and not movie Jack I think we will be okay.

Oh and I like the way you have put Charlie in this story and the last chapter may be some of the best sci-fi I have read in while, thanks for going into all that detail.

Oh and this chapter was great and I like how you addressed the problem of the memories and feelings in Sam's head and how that would make Jack feel.

This has all been really great.
Matthew G Given chapter 28 . 4/23
I like the bit with Daniel noticing that he was getting cynical, and not liking it. That is something I noticed about his character arc while watching SG-1, and it makes sense. Daniel could survive in or be of much use to a military unit that fights beings that can mess with your head and do other nasty stuff like pass themselves off as gods with out becoming a little cynical, but at the same time he doesn't like the change, that feels perfectly in character for him and I liked that little touch.

I am sure this chapter was really hard to write, so great job.
Matthew G Given chapter 26 . 4/22
I feel sorry for Cassie, having to live her life as a lie, there is a reason why law enforcement agent who work under cover have a high metal break down rate then others, telling lies all the time takes a toll. That is just one issue she faces and one reason I kind of wish she had been a regular on the show with her life on earth being a subplot that could fill a few minutes each episode. There are a lot of things she is going through that would be interesting to see. Thank you for writing them.

I really liked the section from Jacob's POV. I am really hooked on seeing how you play this out.
Matthew G Given chapter 25 . 4/22
Wow, that brought a tear to my eye, good job. This episode always makes me tear up I mean Jacob is trying to make things right the best way he knows how and because he doesn't have clearance Sam can't tell him why she is turning his offer down, that is just sad to me.

At least in this version he told her, I mean that helps, still to me it is a very sad moment in the show, as it should be.

Great job.
Matthew G Given chapter 24 . 4/22
Okay, so I was right something had to give.

Oh and baby ear infection, not fun. My youngest brother is 13 years younger then me and before he was three he had several for some reason and I was watching him a lot of the time because my family was in the middle of a move and my mom and dad had to get things set up with the back, fix some things in our old house, and the new house needed some work done before we could live in it, so in short those were not fun times, and you nailed it.

Like how Jack's luck continues it's winning streak, I mean I know Sam said yes, but at the same time, yeah that was a stroke of really bad luck. The only Sci-Fi team I can think of that has worse luck then Jack and SG-1 when it comes to these things is the team from Farscape. I mean Chriton just finds out he is going to be a father and then ZAP! three year cliffhanger.

Well enough joking around this chapter was a lot of fun and I enjoyed reading it.
Matthew G Given chapter 23 . 4/22
Okay so every other time Jack has opened his mouth on the show Daniel has no idea what he is saying because he never saw Wizard of Oz, okay I like that idea, that is now in my head cannon. :)

Oh and hope someone explained to Cassie before she saw any Tv that not everything on TV is real, so she didn't have freak out like Teal'c did and think she needed a weapon every time she goes outside.

Another great chapter, thanks for writing it.