Reviews for Northwest Passage
Puggle chapter 6 . 4/30/2013
What a truely magnificent piece of writting.
I thuroughly enjoyed every word and never wanted it to end.
Thank you so much for sharing your wonderful talent.
AAbatteringRAM chapter 2 . 1/31/2013
In this chapter you say that Sherlock opens the violin case to let it acclimate to the temperature. I believe that this is not a very wise idea and could cause permanent damage to the instrument. It would be best to leave the case closed and let the heat gradualy seep in to keep the violin from warming too fast. Cold causes the wood and strings to contract while heat causes the particles to expand. Both of which will usually only leave the instrument out of tune but when the temperature is changed too quickly the strings could snap and the wood could crack. Having too much humidity or too little can also damage a stringed instrument.
oncomingtragedy chapter 2 . 1/23/2013
This is truly wonderful. As a Canadian, I'm really enjoying all the references to the cities and the wilderness. It's always been a source of amusement to my family that Europeans truly have no concept for just how vast Canada is. More often than not visitors have expressed the desire to visit Mt. Rushmore while visiting my family in Southern Ontario. For a day trip.

I'm intensely enjoying all of Sherlock's observations of John, you have a great knack for describing everything, more than almost all other writer's I've read. Most lose the detail-rich thoughts that must run through his mind, and I'm greatly enjoying how you've incorporated into your story. Sherlock's reactions to the Great Canadian Wilderness is also highly amusing. You've given me a great many laughs. The hot water tank size is brilliant. As is John's apparent detachment from city-comfort, which, may I mention, is a great understanding of his character from the show. I'm really feeling his character, even if it is AU. :3 If only this was real.

I can't wait for the emotional plot line to begin, as it's been teased thus far. Truly wonderful writing, and one of the most intriguing AU concepts I've seen yet. Though, perhaps that's just because I'm Canadian.
oncomingtragedy chapter 1 . 1/23/2013
Oh, this is wonderful. I have no idea where this might be going, but you had me hooked at "Canada" and "Northwest Passage". ;D

Really interested to find out how Mycroft came across John, the "Rescue. Survival." sounds lovely and John's reaction... Yes. Very, very interested.

Great flow and voice as well.
Daughter of Black Dawn chapter 6 . 11/10/2012
This story is simply amazing. I love how you developed their relationship. Also, giving sherlock and mycroft back their relationship was extremely heart warming for me. A wonderful story and im glad to have read it.
Indigo3468 chapter 6 . 11/5/2012
This story is fantastic! I was looking for something different and am so glad I found you. Thank so much for sharing!
spinner12 chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Great story. I'll read the rest of it on the other site.
spinner12 chapter 3 . 10/14/2012
I can't blame Sherlock for his curiosity about John.
MapleleafCameo chapter 6 . 10/14/2012
Just finished up on chpt 23 on AO3 - simply marvelous - loved the Tim Horton's moment - the line about - living outside the only town without a Timmy's was too too funny- found your Canadiansms believable! Story everything so good! Hoping there's more?
MLC
spinner12 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I especially like the part about he hadn't 'meant to be a lot of things.' Sometimes life just happens. What a fascinating AU start. I'm looking forward to discovering what led John to this place.
MapleleafCameo chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
This will be fun - Sherlock & John in Canada - yeah- that's my idea of a dream come true!
MLC