Reviews for Throwing Away a Hero
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 9/15
Have you posted the next part of the story yet? Just curious ...
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 9/15
Whoa! That has to be THE most annoying Hermione EVER of the ones who aren't actually evil. I don't know how you avoided having Harry either hex her or simply ditch her completely outside classes. I should think that she would remember what it's like not to have any friends and moderate her behavior a bit. She is incredibly immature for an 18-year-old; she acts more like she is twelve, with the foot-stomping and shrewish demands. Question: Why does she NEED to study with Harry? Can't she study alone or with some of the other kids?

I certainly hope Harry's work keeps him out of Hermione's working world for a few years, at least. He definitely needs a break from her stress for his mental health. Then again, her personality - as it is in this particular story - is not exactly suited for diplomatic work, which it sounds like he will be doing; so perhaps they will have little interaction in that aspect of their lives. I think Harry needs some "decompression time" with Luna before he takes up his MoD mantle.

Draco is ... Draco. He is so jealous of Harry that he will never see reality where Harry is concerned. He is much like Snape in that.
missgsmith51 chapter 11 . 9/14
I never agreed with the whole UST reason for Ron and Hermione arguing. My parents were married 57 years, until my dad's death, and they never argued or bickered, even though I know they held different opinions on many things. They were always civil and never yelled, even though they disagreed on something. Neither one was a milquetoast, either. My dad, in particular, could let fly with plenty of anger if he was sufficiently provoked. But we were taught that you could still be respectful even when you were arguing. I also have a sister and many friends who would qualify as "old married couples," and they don't spend their time arguing, either.

Ron and Hermione argue because they are really so different I don't see them as couple material. You have made Ron more caring and considerate, as well as more interested in studying, than his canon counterpart, IMHO. He was rather a user in the books. He definitely used Hermione for homework help. You have toned down Hermione's obsessive study habits a bit and made her slightly less bossy. Those changes make them seem a bit more compatible, but they are still not my favorite couple. JM2K.
missgsmith51 chapter 9 . 9/14
So the Dursleys were under the Imperius all along. I guess the command there at the end was just one more "instruction" for them to follow. Then again, it's possible Vernon would have been bad anyway. We know Petunia was pretty awful, even without spells, when she was young. That whole mess should add more time to Dumbledore's sentence ... or maybe even make them consider the Veil.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 9/14
Well, it sounds like the true friends are circling the wagons and ready to take on all comers. I just hope Harry can be kept safe from Albus. I wonder if Aberforth is a good guy or a bad one in your story. I've seen him go both ways.

I notice Hermione didn't include a letter. I wonder if she will start hers as she usually does when something horrible happens to Harry - "Harry, what happened? What did you do?" Her first assumption is always that Harry is somehow responsible for whatever someone has done to him. She's going to have a terrible time dealing with this one, because she pretty much worships Dumbledore and thinks he can do no wrong.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 9/14
Dumbledore-mort is in a secure location? Is it Phoenix-proof? Fawkes doesn't always abandon Dumbo, even when he is totally evil - especially if Dumbo has used Dark Magic to bind him. I'm sorry, but I think he needs to make a one-way trip through the Veil. That is really the only way Harry will be truly safe.

I'm curious know what Percy says. Does he see a pattern with all of the evil people he seems to support and believe? What . An . Idiot !
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 9/14
Harry needs one of those Goblin "spell store" bracelets that allow him to change his looks - each individual feature, for unlimited combinations - without using glamours.

Dumbledore is quite the Dark, evil wizard. Are the others all evil, as well? Were Harry's so-called friends all in on the whole "use him to do our dirty work and then get rid of him when he succeeds" plot? I hope some of them were truly friends. Those "user" stories break my heart. I hope everyone who has used and abandoned Harry gets his - or her - just desserts.

I wonder why Harry doesn't call Dobby. I always wonder that.
AshesGleamandGlow chapter 16 . 5/19
I freaking love the nicknames! I know you already have Dumbles and Dumbledork, but do you have Dumbledumb, Fumblydumbly, Fumbledore/Fumbledoor, Grumbledork, Grumbledumb, The Dumb Old Goat, or Professor Dumb-as-a-door? If not, feel free to add them to your list! I really loved this amazing story. It was truly a pleasure to read it, and it's given me many a new nickname for The Dumb One, though my favorite was probably Dumbledownhill, with Dumbulldoor as a close second. Also, Dumbledownhill could be improved to Dumbledownahill. See? New nickname! XD Thanks again! The Younger Half of AshesGleamandGlow
Noble Korhedron chapter 16 . 2/14
SEQUEL, SEQUEL, SEQUEL! :-D
Jimbocous chapter 16 . 2/2
Nice one! Thanks.
SuperPotterWhoLock110 chapter 16 . 10/26/2016
Dumbledick
irishblu chapter 16 . 9/23/2016
It would be great if the author would try to understand the difference between "evidently " and "evidentially".
percyjacksonfan135 chapter 10 . 9/20/2016