Reviews for The Maine Event
Joyce LaKee chapter 5 . 11/13
LOL at the line about Roger getting "burned" in his marriage.

Happy writing.
Jo A Curl chapter 5 . 3/8
On to the next chapter of The Willie Loomis World Series, really loved this the second time around.
Jo A Curl chapter 4 . 3/8
Wow, good chapter very on target and hinting at Roger being a "Jolly' old Roger is out there. I kind of like this and have to think about it. Makes one wonder if David really was Burke's.
Jo A Curl chapter 2 . 3/8
Again, there is that perspective that allows the reader to relate to the subject matter. You have Willie down to a t on this. He came to town a rat bastard jerk and that was exactly how he was until Barnabas showed his the error of his ways. I am liking this and like I said before very polished worthy of publish for sale.
Jo A Curl chapter 1 . 3/7
See this is exactly what I am talking about. You painted Willie as we learned to hate him in the begining. He was such a little sh*t. You build your characters, you make us see their perspective, may not be ours but it is theirs and I hear their voices when I read your dialogue. This is as good as I remember it.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 5 . 1/16
Excellent story. I enjoyed Willie's friendship with David and I loved his line about Roger and Laura's marriage, "Your mom prob'ly got burned in that marriage, kid." Love the interaction with Barnabas' portrait, very interesting and unnerving.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 4 . 1/15
Another Public Enemy reference. Nice! At least Mrs. Johnson enjoys Willie's company. You're pretty good with Roger's dialogue. Well done.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 3 . 1/14
Love Willie stumbling into the Old House before he properly reached Collinwood. I also enjoyed how he used Mrs. Johnson to secure his stay at the Big House.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 2 . 1/13
First off, I really like the synopsis, "Sitting at the Blue Whale, he sees Maggie for the first time. Music swells in the background; no, it's just the jukebox." Very funny. This really feel like the episodes when Willie first showed up in town. His troublemaking is very much like in the show.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 1 . 1/11
Love the interaction between Willie and Jason, and I love how Willie stole Jason's wallet. Also liked the first encounter Willie had with Burke and Vicki.
IBarnabas chapter 5 . 1/5
Very well-written story! I liked the inner monologue of Barnabas calling out to Willie. It was an alternate way of telling the story, and it worked. You really managed to capture Willie's creep factor well through this part. He really made my skin crawl, but, at the same time, I felt like I knew him better and it seemed typical of him to act this way. ( Thanks to the great backstory of him ) Can't wait to see how he will change in the next segment!
IBarnabas chapter 2 . 1/4
Poor Willie. What a drag. I like the conversations we don't get to see in the show, and where Willie was supposed to be staying while waiting for Jason to bring him to Collinwood. It's such attention to detail and the well-done tie-ins that make this story so great. Love it!
IBarnabas chapter 1 . 1/4
Smooth move, Willie!Although they're partners, I love when Willie bests Jason at his own game. The student is finally outfoxing his teacher. So excitedseeing the story moving to familiar ground, and I'm really looking forward to seeing your spin on it! Fantastic writing!
Lynn Daniels chapter 5 . 1/2
Oh... I didn't want it to end! Great story. I love the aspect of Willie and David being friends... like brother/friends which never happened in the real Dark Shadows but would have been nice!
Lynn Daniels chapter 4 . 1/2
Great chapter! I was laughing the whole time. Like the sexed up aspect...made it interested!