Reviews for The Maine Event
Eris128 chapter 4 . 10/19/2013
Perhaps I should call this chapter "Willie Pisses Off As Many People As Possible." First off, Virgin Vicky with her way too uptight ways, yeah, probably not the best target. I agree with Willie that Carolyn made a better "target" seeing as she is much more lively and likely to actually go for a guy like him if he wasn't associated with Jason. News gets back to Liz, now she's pissed off. Finally, you piss off probably the cattiest bitch in the house: Roger. Seriously, the only person he didn't manage to piss off this chapter was Mrs. Johnson. And that's probably because he likes her cooking. Willie better watch his back at Collinwood from now on. ;)
Eris128 chapter 3 . 10/15/2013
'"Sometimes even I don't know when you're scammin' and when you're sincere." Willie shrugged. "Me neither."' This one bit speaks volumes about Willie's character, in my opinion, particularly how the line between truth and lying has become so blurred that even Willie himself can't be entirely certain what he means anymore. I also love how Mrs. Johnson was listening at the keyhole like the good old gossip she is. Willie also does a fantastic job of buttering her up as well (certainly better than how they did it in the show).
Eris128 chapter 2 . 10/12/2013
Jason's Guide to Get Out of Every Situation: Offer to buy them a drink. XD Anyways, I like how you actually gave a reason for Willie ending up at Collinwood so quickly after Jason just told him not to go there; it makes a lot more sense and makes him seem a little less like an idiot/jerk.
Eris128 chapter 1 . 10/12/2013
"A couple with delusions of dexterity on the dance floor." THIS IS SO ACCURATE! Seriously, those extras that they hire to dance at the Blue Whale just cannot dance at all. *Swoons at your skillful alliteration* I also like Willie's introduction to Collinsport here much better than the one from the show; having Willie being upset over his "sister" makes his outburst a bit more believable. And I like to think that Willie really did want to give Jason that hug at the end along with stealing his wallet. I mean, it had been a long time since they had seen each other, after all.
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 5 . 6/17/2013
...Oh my, the re-write on this last bit was *so* good...I love that you had the portrait (or rather Barnabas at this point) talking to him...Willie, for the love of God...oh, who am I kidding? Of course the lid's gonna open, it has to...
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 4 . 6/16/2013
"Liz glared at Willie. "What are you doing in here? Are you antagonizing my—Miss Winters?"
Spill it, Liz! Because we all know it's the truth! lol. And Roger...well...we kind of expected it, I think, lol
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 3 . 6/16/2013
Get used to making a Left, Willie...you'll be seeing more of that house very often...and get to know the monster who lives there.
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 2 . 6/16/2013
Oh geez, once again poor Willie is out on the street. I did like the: "Calm the fuck down. You gotta new suit; looks nice." :D Yeah Jason, stop whining, you ninny! :P
The-Creative-Brewery chapter 1 . 5/31/2013
As the Irishman reached for the car keys, he realized his wallet was missing.

LOL! Right on, Willie! :D
sanpan chapter 5 . 5/28/2013
You're really good at building suspense- this was definitely a conclusion with a bang. The humor's still all there but it looks like the "supernatural" part's finally showing its face.

lol at Willie's comment about Laura getting burned in marriage. How true it is. David was spot-on too, the perfect mix of brat and innocence. And given Willie's background in your verse, the two of them would get along pretty well. Nice to see that Willie would make a better big brother than he thinks he would.

I enjoyed the Victoria/Willie tension- your Willie just has tension with everyone lol.
As for Jason, he "betrayed" Willie again and W's reaction is different from last time- a little more reserved, but doubly hurt. Maybe he did mean something to Jason at some point, but it's not now. I like how Willie's fight with Burke wasn't exactly random- it's pretty clear Willie's the one that made his own enemies. Barn's telepathic words were creepy and effective, especially because they weren't pondered on.

Think before you act Willie! It's too late now!
ecinspired chapter 5 . 5/28/2013
I enjoyed this story. I love how polite Barnabas is as he lures Willie to free him lol.
Mina225 chapter 4 . 5/24/2013
This was published at the perfect time. It provided me with a much needed distraction from work and I loved it. I especially liked the Rodger loop. Did not see that coming.
sanpan chapter 4 . 5/24/2013
LOL that was one funny chapter. Willie is a really eloquent guy, isn't he? Vicki and Liz were spot-on and feisty Carolyn was a delight. I liked how you made Willie act in a way that would make him look like a sexual predator to a bystander, but his actual intentions were much more innocent (sort of).

I laughed when Carolyn stuck the grapefruit in his mouth. Off to a wonderful relationship indeed. Willie's thoughts are so delightfully immature here, the reactions of the "up-tights" at Collinwood were hilariously realistic.

Your Roger is perfect. Perfect, I say. His dry wit, his sarcasm, his voice itself- perfectly in-character and entertaining. I didn't expect him to go gay for Willie so fast, but he's drunk here (and un-straight!Roger is always a treat). Willie's pulled a bit of jerk move on him though, but it just shows: the kid's not as dumb as everyone thinks he is.
PeekabooFang chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
Oh, my. That last part was unexpected.

I love the environment you're setting up, and seeing characters like Vicki, Carolyn, and Burke from Willie's somewhat less than reliable or respectable point of view.

Anxious to meet the guy with the wolf-headed cane. Great job!
ecinspired chapter 4 . 5/23/2013
I never saw the pre-Barnabas episodes, so it's fun to get a picture from your story about how Willie used to be.