Reviews for The Maine Event
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 5 . 1/16
Excellent story. I enjoyed Willie's friendship with David and I loved his line about Roger and Laura's marriage, "Your mom prob'ly got burned in that marriage, kid." Love the interaction with Barnabas' portrait, very interesting and unnerving.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 4 . 1/15
Another Public Enemy reference. Nice! At least Mrs. Johnson enjoys Willie's company. You're pretty good with Roger's dialogue. Well done.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 3 . 1/14
Love Willie stumbling into the Old House before he properly reached Collinwood. I also enjoyed how he used Mrs. Johnson to secure his stay at the Big House.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 2 . 1/13
First off, I really like the synopsis, "Sitting at the Blue Whale, he sees Maggie for the first time. Music swells in the background; no, it's just the jukebox." Very funny. This really feel like the episodes when Willie first showed up in town. His troublemaking is very much like in the show.
Magical Irish Dolphin chapter 1 . 1/11
Love the interaction between Willie and Jason, and I love how Willie stole Jason's wallet. Also liked the first encounter Willie had with Burke and Vicki.
IBarnabas chapter 5 . 1/5
Very well-written story! I liked the inner monologue of Barnabas calling out to Willie. It was an alternate way of telling the story, and it worked. You really managed to capture Willie's creep factor well through this part. He really made my skin crawl, but, at the same time, I felt like I knew him better and it seemed typical of him to act this way. ( Thanks to the great backstory of him ) Can't wait to see how he will change in the next segment!
IBarnabas chapter 2 . 1/4
Poor Willie. What a drag. I like the conversations we don't get to see in the show, and where Willie was supposed to be staying while waiting for Jason to bring him to Collinwood. It's such attention to detail and the well-done tie-ins that make this story so great. Love it!
IBarnabas chapter 1 . 1/4
Smooth move, Willie!Although they're partners, I love when Willie bests Jason at his own game. The student is finally outfoxing his teacher. So excitedseeing the story moving to familiar ground, and I'm really looking forward to seeing your spin on it! Fantastic writing!
Lynn Daniels chapter 5 . 1/2
Oh... I didn't want it to end! Great story. I love the aspect of Willie and David being friends... like brother/friends which never happened in the real Dark Shadows but would have been nice!
Lynn Daniels chapter 4 . 1/2
Great chapter! I was laughing the whole time. Like the sexed up aspect...made it interested!
Lynn Daniels chapter 3 . 1/2
Love the rapport between Jason and Willie!
Lynn Daniels chapter 1 . 1/2
Aw..The return Of Jason McQuire. He was one of the villains that when he was killed off you were glad, but you missed him. Reading this, I am glad to see him and Willie reunited...just like old times!
Going right on to the next chapter!
Eris128 chapter 4 . 10/19/2013
Perhaps I should call this chapter "Willie Pisses Off As Many People As Possible." First off, Virgin Vicky with her way too uptight ways, yeah, probably not the best target. I agree with Willie that Carolyn made a better "target" seeing as she is much more lively and likely to actually go for a guy like him if he wasn't associated with Jason. News gets back to Liz, now she's pissed off. Finally, you piss off probably the cattiest bitch in the house: Roger. Seriously, the only person he didn't manage to piss off this chapter was Mrs. Johnson. And that's probably because he likes her cooking. Willie better watch his back at Collinwood from now on. ;)
Eris128 chapter 3 . 10/15/2013
'"Sometimes even I don't know when you're scammin' and when you're sincere." Willie shrugged. "Me neither."' This one bit speaks volumes about Willie's character, in my opinion, particularly how the line between truth and lying has become so blurred that even Willie himself can't be entirely certain what he means anymore. I also love how Mrs. Johnson was listening at the keyhole like the good old gossip she is. Willie also does a fantastic job of buttering her up as well (certainly better than how they did it in the show).
Eris128 chapter 2 . 10/12/2013
Jason's Guide to Get Out of Every Situation: Offer to buy them a drink. XD Anyways, I like how you actually gave a reason for Willie ending up at Collinwood so quickly after Jason just told him not to go there; it makes a lot more sense and makes him seem a little less like an idiot/jerk.