Reviews for Suckled on Vengeance
spanish speaker chapter 4 . 12/21/2012
I enjoyed this chapter, but suspect the dictionary let you down. Poco means little, but only in the sense of having a small quantity of something- ie "Tengo poco dinero" "I have a little money." Pequeño means little/ small/ young male which is more what you're aiming for. Hope this helps!
jkl88 chapter 11 . 11/21/2012
Well, I think Ynez wasn't punished enough. She destroyed Gilberto's life and was a killer. I loved the moments with Diego and Alejandro. The cactus tea always makes me smile. Great story...I look forward to you next tale. I hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving.
LaCorelli chapter 11 . 11/21/2012
It was good to see Diego and Alejandro talking openly about things. And Ynez Risendo was such a truly strange creature, and after all that she just walks away and nothing happens to her. It always bothered me in the episodes that everyone seemed to forget about her after Alejandro's last words to her, but I think you did a good job conveying her insanity and her ability to survive and Alejandro's desire to think nothing more about her. An interesting take on the two brothers.
LaCorelli chapter 10 . 11/20/2012
Gilberto's final thoughts of wanting to be acknowledged by Alejandro were sadly tragic. Diego's frustrations were very good. Both Gilberto and Diego's thoughts gave insights to how they were dealing with things. I just wish the chapter hadn't ended so abruptly in the middle of the final scene. I look forward to the epilogue.
DietMJ chapter 9 . 11/14/2012
Your phrasing is just so telling about your characters:
About Julian "nothing was too good for his best and only friend." Loved all the back story!
Zorro being driven to "maim" Gilberto and being concerned at his level of hatred. Yes we saw that on the episode, but your story makes it more real to the reader.
I got chills with "I will be able to step right in…claim my inheritance, rid myself of my brother, then free myself of the dragon." The whole ideas of "slaying the dragon"...Considering what he had been told as a child, from his perspective he was claiming what was rightfully his. However, since the rest of us know the truth, we can only see how evil he was. Cannot wait until the next chapter!
LaCorelli chapter 9 . 11/13/2012
I was glad to see a little more about Julian and Gilberto's relationship. And the contrast with how convincing Gilberto thought his forgery and his acting were as opposed to what Alejandro believed. His need to convince Alejandro, to try to displace Diego, was good.

Also Diego dealing having to deal with being shot for the first time and having to make sure he could pretend to be normal, as well the fact that Gilberto gets under his skin like no one else.

I look forward to the next chapter.
LaCorelli chapter 8 . 11/10/2012
It was good to get some insights into the minds of both men, especially Gilberto's fantasy about his vengeance. Also, that it was Alejandro trying to keep Diego quiet. I think I would have liked a little more about Gilberto and Julian's friendship. I look forward to the next chapter.
LaCorelli chapter 7 . 11/7/2012
I'm glad to see another chapter, especially now that you've brought us up to the final four episodes. It's good to get into the characters' heads a bit. I hope we get a bit more of Diego's view point the next chapter, as Gilberto seemed to crawl under his skin much worse than any other antagonist.
LaCorelli chapter 6 . 11/1/2012
It was good to get a glimpse of Diego's time at the University and a clearer explanation of Alejandro's initial objection to Felipe, as well as more of how Gilberto got his position. I look forward to the next chapter.
DietMJ chapter 6 . 10/31/2012
What an evil and vile woman! Oh Gilberto had so much promise and she destroyed it.
DietMJ chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
Really enjoyed seeing the "boys" growing up. And the info on where Gilberto would be schooled, explained how he was able to become an emissary to the king. Stuff we ALL wanted to know!
LaCorelli chapter 5 . 10/29/2012
The teenage years were interesting. Gilberto is pretty evil already. Diego's daredevil nature and his compassion both on display. It was good to see Diego and Felipe's meeting and Diego's determination to take care of him. I'm not really sure why Alejandro blew up the way he did about Felipe though. It doesn't quite seem to fit, unless it was a reaction to Diego's comment about having another brother or sister. Alejandro while temperamental seems to be more compassionate than that.
jkl88 chapter 5 . 10/28/2012
Interesting chapter. However, I didn't like Alejandro's reaction to Diego wanting tocare for Felipe. I thought that was a bit heartless.
jkl88 chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
I like how Diego's mother called him poco zorro. What an interesting chapter. I look forward to the next posting.
DietMJ chapter 4 . 10/23/2012
Wondering what was behind Gilberto's beating. The old question, Is it nature or nurture? Well Nurture certainly, but then again sometimes good triumphs in evil circumstances. Looking forward to learning about the teens (but nervous too)!