Reviews for The Darkness Before Dawn
utility - singer chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
Very sweet story-thank you for writing it
Gracie'sMom chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
What a truly lovely story! Thank you for writing it and sharing it with us!
LadyBritish chapter 1 . 6/22/2013
This was so beautiful. I really wished that in the film it would just show a little bonding between Georg and his children after their escape.
And hurrah, good grammar isn't extinct!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 4/15/2013
Awww.
Liesl's heartbreak is the reason I much prefer the stage addition of SoM to the movie, for this subplot anyway.
A Light in the Night chapter 1 . 11/6/2012
liesl is my favorite character! Thanks for the nice story featuring her and Georg's relationship!
Mie779 chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
truly yet another great story from you... you nailed the whole issue with Liesl's heartbreak over Rolf very well... can't wait to see more from you... think i pretty much have read all your work by now... sorry if I haven't reviewed them all :/ you are very talented writer :)
Firelord Lionheart chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Very touching story. I especially liked the parts between Liesl and the Captain. Shameless advertisement, but can you give my Rolfe story a look?
hLaurie1234 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Oohhh! I loved this, I really did! I loved the bonding that went on with Liesl and Georg, and how he related to her feelings etc, it was just so sweet and beautifully written. Please say you have another multiple chapter story coming up! I seriously miss those, and getting all excited when an update comes in my inbox. Please write something again soon. And good job, again, on this one :) x
scrubso chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I really like this story. I find Liesl a difficult character to write and I often feel that writers characterize her older than she is. I loved that you stayed true to her age and described her reaction and behavior in a way that is consistent with the behavior of a sixteen year old. It was a real sweat father and daughter story.
augiesannie chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
sweet story, but also believable that Liesl would be traumatized after that awful experience. I like the way M&G are leaning on each other for strength.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Wow, so emotional (and GENIUS) as always. The interaction between Liesl and Georg was so beautiful and sweet.
I never thought I would say it about a story with so little M&G fluffiness/hotness but I think this may be my favourite SOM one-shot EVER (I'm a total Daddy's girl myself).
Loved also how Maria took care of the younger ones (and how they were all helping each other too) so Georg could focus on Liesl. I think I felt my own heart break a little for her (I hate Rolf) but Georg handled it perfectly. His story was a cool touch ( I have to say I've never wanted to giggle and swoon at the same time before). Can't really think of much else to say except LOVE it. Can't wait to see what you right next.
Becky215 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Lovely as always. I'm always so excited to see a story update from you, and this one certainly did not disappoint. Looking forward to whatever you dream up next! :)
pussycatwithattitude chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
The title is especially poignant I think, and ties in well with Liesl's thoughts there at the end. I can imagine this issue would have been tackled, if the film had continued. A lovely moment between father and daughter, and of course between husband and wife. You write them perfectly in every situation possible. Just the way Liesl describes them both lying together, holding each other close in their sleep is beyond perfect. Please write more stories soon!
Dollocy chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
you have the greatest story ideas! :D There are not much father/daughter moments out there ! Love this a lot
Mrsbonnieful chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Very much like a chapter in one of my recent stories.