Reviews for Hero Worship
HedwigBlack chapter 1 . 11/22/2012
I like this a lot. I love how Gabi is sort of wise beyond her years when she's a kid. I kind of picture her being that way actually. And the way she notes the difference between romantic love and familial love and 'hero worship' is great. I also really, really loved this expression- "Her eyes seem to stutter as she sees him..." Lovely writing :)
NickyFox13 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
I really liked reading this story, because it was simply yet beautifully written. I also liked how you portrayed Gabrielle's asexuality and how well it seems to fit her personality.
yellow 14 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Wonderfully sweet and really well done. Keep writing
Jemennuie chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
So I think I could incoherently stutter about how amazing this is for a long time, but instead I'm going to try and act like a normal person and provide actual coherent comments XD

"It's different, that love and the love people mean when they say they're in love."

** This can be such a hard concept, especially for little kids, so I think starting the story with something like this probably really helps make this story relate-able for everyone.

"But knowing and feeling are two different things, and she can't stop dreaming of a pair of emerald eyes."

** This is another great line (and also, more generally speaking, a really creative premise for the story) because I think the idea of thinking you like someone in ways you don't (or trying to convince yourself that you do) is again something that most people can relate to in one way or another.

"(is there even a word for the relationship between Gabi and Ginny? If there is, Gabi doesn't know it)."

**Man, seriously, there are so many different ways people can be related in families that I find myself having these sorts of questions way too often.

"So what if Fleur had a crush at nine and a boyfriend at ten?"

**This line is also great because I see it as relate-able for both sexuals (who probably feel like there are always people who developed an interest in dating earlier than them) and asexuals (for obvious reasons).

"She's twenty-one, and she doesn't need to live in denial anymore."

**I just have to say that happy endings for asexuals (where they can accept their identity and everything turns out well) always give me warm and fuzzy feelings and make me so unbelievably happy.
Dazaniel chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
very nice.. your a great writer, maybe you can write a Harry/Gabi fic? i'd definitely read it. ;]

good job.
justareader21 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
"It is a tale told by a "faceless character", Full of sound and fury and ultimatly signifying nothing" Not sad, Funny or even cleaver just words on a page not even realy telling a real tale.
CatchingCraziness chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Wow, I never thought of Gabrielle as asexual before. This was good and, for me, it was different. :)
Ember Nickel chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Aww, first of all I'm so glad my fic inspired you! And I'm glad that Gabrielle was able to find the identity she was happy with. :)
MissingMommy chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
So I'm super happy that Harry and Clara were on the same page for this piece. It's kind of awesome how they do that occasionally.

Now you describe Gabi's asexuality and how Harry's her only crush perfectly. I really like how you show her at different points in her life. It makes it that much more believeable (which is an oddly spelled word).

The bit about her as a twenty-one year old is my favorite part. "She's twenty-one, and she can't pretend anymore" - I like how you put that in here. It's really sad that she has to pretend that she isn't asexual. In society, it's odd if a person doesn't like one of the sexes, and Gabi must've felt weird being a person that doesn't like either. But in the end, I'm really glad she found happiness being herself.

I did spot a mistake. : "and her Maman and Papa when the spare her a glance" - I read this twice before moving on and realizing why it read weird. "the" is supposed to be "they".

Overall, this is lovely.