Reviews for Along The Endless Wheel Of Time
Brad chapter 1 . 10/18/2014
Wow, loved it. Dune is an obsession with me. I have reread the originals countless times and by far God Emperor of Dune is my favorite of FH's. This is an excellent narrative between Leto and Irulan. The shocking revelation of who would have been his bride had Ghami taken on the sandtrout was masterfully written. The descriptions of how each of the inner lives would have reacted held true to what I have imagined they would have if that sitiuation had developed. Thank you, that was a joy to read.
James Birdsong chapter 2 . 1/23/2014
Cool story.
Ana Lilly chapter 1 . 9/12/2013
Loved this fic... great work
Guest chapter 1 . 8/2/2013
Irulan is one of my favorite Dune characters (also inspired partly by Julie Cox's amazing performance in the miniseries), and imo there isn't nearly enough fic about her! So it made my day to see this. Irulan isn't a perfect character by any means, but even in the books I don't think she deserved the fate she got. I like Chani, and I think she's pretty great with Paul (though oddly enough, this is exclusively her book character, I'm not so fond of her depiction in the miniseries) but I wish the situation hadn't required that of Irulan.

I also loved your incorporation of the later Frank Herbert Dune stuff - I didn't get through it when I first read the series several years ago but perhaps I should try. I'd seen the Dune Encyclopedia myself, and you've done a great job integrating its material back into Herbert's later work. The Leto/Irulan suggestion seemed almost an allusion to the section in the Encyclopedia where they mention something about Irulan trying to seduce Farad'n (or no, they're related, so it must have been somebody else? But I definitely remember something about an attempted seduction in there somewhere).

Seeing Leto (particularly a Leto already set on the Golden Path)'s POV on Irulan was fascinating - he's really the last to know the real Irulan, before the myth kicks in. You also make some very interesting points (in your notes) about where Irulan's devotion to the Atreides comes from - that eases the transition from her personality in Dune Messiah to Children of Dune, from Corrino princess to Atreides caretaker. (Though her portrayal in KJA's interquels still irritates me - I feel she ought to be a lot more politically savvy than she comes across as, since she grew up in the Imperial court and she has presumably significant historiographical/analytic skills (assuming she's actually a good writer and historian and her reputation wasn't just puffed up because of her birth, that is) but that's a different rant entirely. *cough*)

Anyway, thanks for writing this, and for the extra Leto-and-Irulan character portrait :)
Failed to De-anon chapter 1 . 11/18/2012
Wow, that was beautiful, sad, and terrifying in it's own way; and of course, perfect for Dune. It just flowed beautifully and the characterizations were perfect.
Murazor chapter 1 . 11/13/2012
Cool stuff.

Nothing else to add. It is well written, the characterization is remarkably excellent and the whole thing is very well thought out.

Congratulations.