Reviews for A Bitter Draught
librarywitch chapter 15 . 10/30/2013
Wow that was awesome. I do hope there will be more.
Resrie71 chapter 15 . 10/11/2013
Please tell me you plan on a sequel to's a fascinating story, I would love to hear about further recovery of John's memories (and making new ones), as well as further contact from Siobhan, I'd like to see Harry pull the trigger on her!
I have read everything of ScopesMonkey's(all the Sherlock, anyway), and was delighted to find 41 stories from you...just getting started...
Puggle chapter 15 . 7/15/2013
WOW What an incredible story
A really was a fantastic read
Rairakku1234 chapter 15 . 6/29/2013
"I'm not avoiding it because it's dangerous," Sherlock lied, not looking at him.
"You are," John said, putting Sherlock's mug in front of him. "And I appreciate that, but you're– we're going to have to get back to normal. Or whatever was normal for us before."
"You don't remember what normal for us was," Sherlock muttered under his breath, using a dropper to move more the acid into the petri dish.
John sighed and sat down across the table. "I know," he said, with none of the regret that had been there during the early days of his recovery. "But I also know what you've told me. And Lestrade. And Harry. And I know that you're bored. I hate for you to be inactive because of me. There are people you could be helping, and I'm stopping you. "

I love how painful this is and yet how very John.

'Sherlock had refused to lie, even in the beginning. He'd lied to John once, the biggest lie of his life, and he had no intention of repeating it. If John asked, he answered. Perhaps he kept it simple, left out the more gruesome details, but he answered. John knew what had happened to him, knew why he was chosen, and why he'd been punished. He knew that it was all Sherlock's fault. But without the memories to put it in context he had none of the anger that he should. They were simply stories, images that he couldn't quite reconcile with himself.'

Wow. Ouch. So wonderful and so painful with just a touch of hope.

Great story.
Rairakku1234 chapter 14 . 6/29/2013
"There has to be," Sherlock said, sticking his head between the seats. "Is there another 221, a broom closet, an office–"
"I did think of that," Donovan snapped. "It's the only one. We even searched rooms with the numbers in a different order."
"You're missing it," Sherlock said, a long arm reaching in front of Lestrade to hit the horn.
"The light is red!" Lestrade said, looking at Mycroft for support. Sherlock's brother looked out of place, sitting uncomfortably in the compact car, working diligently on his own mobile.'

I love the feeling of panic that Sherlock still has. And Mycroft in a compact car. That is a funny image. And Lestrades so amazingly in character.

"There's an exam room down the hall here," the first female doctor said, touching John's shoulder.
The reaction was instantaneous. He jolted away from her, slamming his body into the wall in the process. Audible gasps filled the room, along with quiet murmurs of shock.
"No!" he cried out, sinking to the floor and cowering way from her

Nice plot point excellent little touch.

"Take me to John," he said to the doctor.

Oh Sherlock.

Terrifying. Loved it.
Public91998 chapter 15 . 6/18/2013
Loved it, amazing work! keep up the writing!
danishprince chapter 15 . 6/10/2013
I liked this - thank you for sharing !
MapleleafCameo chapter 15 . 6/9/2013
This has been such a fantastic story! Yes it was dark but it was woven with light & you are a great story teller - sometimes the dark is just what we need:)
power0girl chapter 15 . 6/9/2013
Brill way to end it, I am sad to see it end though!

bruderlein chapter 15 . 6/9/2013
Oh... so he now knows his life as a movie - or rather a book, without the illustrations... I like how Sherlock is helping him and tuning it down a bit not to overwhelm him.. it was a great story... but still there is a huge potential to it... are you planning a sequel?
Joo Lee chapter 15 . 6/9/2013
Yay! Great story. I'd love a follow-up story. Maybe John starts to get his memories back, or Siobhan comes back, or ... well, you're the magician, you decide!

Anyway, this was lovely and I enjoyed it a lot. Great characterizations, and Sherlock's inner monologues were spot on.

Thanks for writing!

ScopesMonkey chapter 15 . 6/9/2013
And... done! This is a bittersweet ending, I think. I love it, although my heart still goes out to John going through what is (and will clearly continue to be) a long and bumpy recovery. Still, I'm glad to see him smiling and happy after all of that, and willing to get back into the swing of things. I'm glad Sherlock has stood by him so unerringly (of course he has) and I'm even happy to see how involved Harry's been, even if she's being an overbearing sister, as is her right after all of that. While not happily ever after, I'm glad to see things looking up for our boys, and am happy John is home and safe where he belongs. Great job!
ScopesMonkey chapter 14 . 6/9/2013
Oh man, so much going on here, but my favourite part was when Mycroft so calmly stepped up and said he was Mr. Holmes. I know Siobhan probably meant for John to be waiting for Sherlock, but there was something so perfect about how Mycroft handled it there, so smoothly and assuredly. Just wonderful.

Poor, poor John. And poor Sherlock, after all that time, to be greeted with a blank stare. My heart goes out to both of them.

Siobhan's note sent shivers down my spine, too. Are we going to see her again? She's a great villain, but I hope very much that she's gone from our heroes' lives and they can get onto the road to recovery.
power0girl chapter 14 . 6/4/2013
Jeasus! What a chapter, well done you.

MapleleafCameo chapter 14 . 6/3/2013
So glad, so glad! Even if its still bad! So glad!