Reviews for The Petting Zoo
Guest chapter 1 . 9/24/2014
Zoos are facilities where exotic or unusual animals are held. Cats and dogs are common suburban pets so wouldn't be housed in a zoo. Plus I'm sure sirens would sound and visitors would be evacuated by security if any animals escaped its enclosure.

Sharks and crocodiles would never coexist. They occupy a similar niche in the ecosystem and they would compete fiercely over food.

Peacocks would usually flee and not fight and parrots have never been known to attack humans. A domestic dog is more likely to attack than a parrot.

I wished they had seen the large mammals like the polar bear, the lions or the elephant. Although the primates and reptiles would have been interesting.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/6/2014
I don't understand. As a boy I also watched documentaries, read books and posters and asked teachers about them.

I loved animals and the natural world. I loved domesticated animals like my pet golden retriever dog or my goldfish as well as wild ones.

But I loved visiting the zoo. I knew the beasts were confined to their habitat by the fencing or penned up in their enclosures.

I knew the moats, tall barriers and electric fencing would separate me from the elephants, falcons and crocodiles. They were inside and I wasn't so I was safe.
AlsoRecliningHorizontally chapter 1 . 2/18/2013
Aww, this story is just too cute :)

Awesome that James just had to see the pompous peacock - go figure, haha.

I loved that James and Carlos had to be on a leash, it's so fitting for those two! That totally cracked me up :D The leash thing would never happen over here in Denmark, but I have seen them in American movies before. I think their hilarious - and a wee bit weird ;p

Aw, it was so cute when Kendall said his mom couldn't be wrong... Just wanna hug him :)

So sweet that Logan eventually worked up the courage to pet the goat! Loved how Carlos and James named them, haha! Especially James' :D

I'm with Logan on the shark-thing! They totally freak me out and if I swim in the ocean I can always hear the "Jaws-sound" in my head... Creepy!

Loved this story :)

- Rikke
wiggygirl3 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
This is definitely the best big time rush fanfiction i have read in a long time. D

Logan is just so reasonable it's unreasonable. Of course James would love peacocks, that was just hilarious! In fact, the whole thing was hilarious and my parents were staring at me like I was crazy while I was reading this because i just kept cracking up over and over and over again. D
Discontinued Indefinitely chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Haha awesome ending :D Logan was so so cute in this too, I can just imagine him patting the goat. And I laughed when you said he didn't eat frosted flakes because of threw tiger haha.
All in all this was pretty skadorable! I'm glad at last it's time for the return of the mighty heaven rose :). No seriously, I've been dying. How long's it gonna be until All Things Considered or whatever it'll be called?
Great job and can't wait!
AK
HetaPastaH3ro chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Poor Mama Knight... good thing she was prepared.
Rockport268 chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
First off, STOP APOLOGIZING FOR TAKING FOREVER TO WRITE THIS! I TOTALLY understand. And to be honest, writing your own non-fan fiction fiction is probably a little more important than writing fan fiction because non-fan fiction fiction can actually be published. And if you get published a) I can buy your book/the magazine it appears in/whatever it ends up being published in and b) once you get REALLY famous (in the author-world) you can go on one of those tour thingies promoting your book (or whatever) and I can meet you and be all OH MY GOD HI I'M THAT WEIRDO FROM FAN FICTION and you'll be all...well I'm not sure what your reaction would be but I'm gonna assume you'll be excited, too. Not as excited as I'll be but at least a little excited.
So yeah. Don't feel bad about taking 7 months to write this. Honestly, just the fact that you wanted and were willing to write a whole entire one-shot for little ol' me is pretty amazing in itself.
Ok. Onto my actual review for this fantastic story.
*clears throat*
The leashes. Oh my god. That was just amazing.
"The plush toys sure seemed friendly, but Logan wasn't fooled. Tigers were deadly. That was why he refused to eat Frosted Flakes cereal." I just loved that. Absolutely adored it. I wonder if he refused to eat Froot Loops, too...
"Logan didn't like balloons. Balloons could pop." I'm with you there, Little Logan. Not as extremely but I hate it when balloons pop. I even refuse to play any of those dumb games that involve deliberately popping balloons. I just can't do it.
I just overall love how Little Logan is such a scary-cat. If you look at the first 3 or so episodes of the show I can totally see him being scared of just about everything at some point in his life. Then after that he got too confident WAY too quickly, in my opinion.
Oh, and I love the bit about how Little Kendall really and truly isn't afraid of anything EVER (and even stubbed his toe once without crying) while Little Carlos only says he isn't afraid of anything. That's just so perfect.
"There was a parrot that squawked and rustled his feathers. Logan was pretty sure that meant the bird was planning to gouge the eyes out of the next person to get close." Awww, Little Logan. I kind of need to give you a huge hug right now.
"False. They were only cool on TV." He's got a point, there. On TV crockerdiles can't hurt you, while in person...
"Kendall crinkled his brow, confused by the thought. 'Mom can't be wrong.'" I absolutely ADORE Little Kendall there. Because when you're that little, mothers and fathers cannot be wrong. It's just unheard of.
"Carlos and James halted their merriment to look at him strangely, whereas Kendall seemed slightly concerned." I love how, while Little Carlos and Little James are just like "what's up with him?" Little Kendall's all concerned. Definitely the seeds of leadership right there.
I also love how Logan tries not to cry the entire time. Carlos and James and Kendall wouldn't cry, so that must mean he shouldn't either, right? Even though he's probably only as tall as my knee and is still at that age where every emotion feels about 100x more intense than adults feel them and crying is acceptable. At least in the eyes of grown-ups.
And then when Little Carlos and Little James started throwing things at the crockerdiles? HOW CUTE IS THAT? And I love how Little Carlos' hands are STILL sticky from Buddy Simmons' birthday party YESTERDAY. Only Carlos.
"'Are we the food?'" AWWW LITTLE LOGAN HOW CUTE ARE YOU I JUST WANT TO GOBBLE YOU UP!
Probably a poor choice of words right there...
AND OH MY GOD WHEN LITTLE CARLOS AND LITTLE JAMES NAME THE ANIMALS OH MY GOD I AM DYING THAT IS FAR TOO CUTE!
But oh my god, when Mrs. Knight told Little Logan that goats don't bite you when you feed them, it reminded me of last summer when we went on a Disney cruise and went to Disney's island and did this thing where we got to feed and be in the water with stingrays. The Disney people were all "stingrays don't bite" and then it was my little sister's turn to feed one and it managed to bite her. Or gum her, since stingrays don't have teeth. That was the end of swimming with the stingrays for her. And me. Being in the water with living creatures that aren't human kind of creeps me out.
And awww, Little Kendall, STOP CALLING MY LITTLE LOGAN A SCARDY CAT! HE IS NOT A SCARDY CAT! HE IS A SMALL CHILD AND IT'S OK TO BE SCARED OF THINGS WHEN YOU ARE A SMALL CHILD!
But then when it went on to say how Little Carlos and Little James and Little Kendall always called Little Logan a scardy cat? HOW MEAN IS THAT? Like I'm not surprised that they did it or anything (and I'm sure they'd stop if it made Little Logan cry...well Little Kendall would...it might take Little James and Little Carlos a bit longer to notice Logan's tears) BUT IT'S STILL MEAN!
"He checked both ways for sharks" HOW CUTE IS THAT? He checked for sharks. Not goats or lambs that may have gotten out of their pens, not even tigers or peacocks or crockerdiles or any animals that the zoo actually had, but sharks. Which Little Kendall's mom specifically said do not exist in this zoo. And Little Kendall's mom cannot be wrong. Ever.
LITTLE KENDALL'S WEARING OVERALLS? HOW CUTE IS THAT?
And oh my god Little Carlos. Carlos, Carlos, Carlos. Why am I not surprised that he ate the goat food?
"'It don't hurt. Goats are just stupid.'" Gotta love Little Kendall logic.
And after all that, it's James and Carlos who throw tantrums. Somehow, I'm not surprised.
"Since Mrs. Knight was the strongest person in the world, she lifted James effortlessly and carried him on her other hip." Because, in addition to never being wrong, moms (or other people's moms, I guess) are the strongest people in the world. Not Superman. Not the Incredible Hulk. But Mrs. Knight.
OH MY GOD LITTLE LOGAN SAID LLAMA!
And I love how Mrs. Knight keeps stickers in her car! I guess you have to when your son is best friends with Carlos and James...
And I also love how Little Logan gave James the rest of his snow-cone. HOW CUTE IS THAT?
So...where exactly is this lame ending you spoke of? Cuz all I saw was a total overload of adorableness.
Overall this story was absolutely AMAZING! And RIDICULOUSLY adorable, as all your Little Big Time Rush stories are. It was definitely worth the seven month wait.
And I apologize for my overuse of the words "just" and "OH MY GOD" and "HOW CUTE IS THAT." And my overall spazziness. This is what happens when I review as I read. Almost like a stream-of-concsiousness review.
I can't wait to read whatever story you unleash upon the world next, whether it be Big Time Rush fan fiction or a non-fan fiction fiction novel/play/short story in a magazine/whatever. Just be sure to let me know that you're being published so I know to go out and read it ;)
HowtoRiseBigTime chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
HAHA I loved this! I like how Carlos and James needed leashes. I think it's also super cute how little Logan clung to Ms. Knight and that he had a kitten shirt. I love this, good job!
BookWorkKendall chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Omg this is the cutest story ever. awww little Logan is so adorable
winterschild11 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Oh my God, this is the FUNNIEST thing!