Reviews for The Brave Tin Soldier
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 2 . 2/1/2013
Cain woke up on the Other Side? :D I'm so tempted to beg for you to take this out of fairy tale mode to see how well he deals with it. Can't borrow a horse while badly burnt, after all. And to see what story DG came up with. :D
magpie6789 chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Awesome! I would love to hear her explanation to everyone's favorite officer...
forestofmyown chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Daaaaaw :) I really liked this story! What an ending! ...Is it okay that I pictured Gulch being the helpful neighbor? Heh heh
Lcsaf chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
Go on, you...making me blush like that...

I'm glad I could help, even though I had absolutely no clue what you were up to, writing this (I must've spent a good hour trying to rack my brain over which fairytale you were doing). And even though I didn't expect to see another chapter for this one, I'm glad you wrote it, because it does clear up some stuff.

Also...that neighbour. Anyone we might know? ;)
Bookworm Gal chapter 2 . 1/30/2013
A beautiful way to keep our paper ballerina and her steadfast tin soldier from being roasted. For some reason, I imagine a very particular neighbor in this scenario being the one to come to the rescue. After all, it isn't like the Menace wouldn't be around somewhere...
Scarlet Garter chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Your fairytale re-writes are always such fun to read - even when they're rather dark (I was going to say 'grim').

"...clothe himself once more in the tattered remnants of his honour, her quest to save the Realm that forced him to remember all that he once was – and must be again" -the line gave me goosebumps.

For some reason, I've never read "Steadfast Tin Soldier". I think because I was always told it was too sad. Well, now I've got to go find out for myself.

Thanks for another most enjoyable tale.

SG
KLCtheBookWorm chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I really didn't know if you'd be able to pull off the happy ending with this fairy tale. I'm so glad you did. :D
Bookworm Gal chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I definitely prefer this ending to the one that was in the original Tin Soldier story. Because not even the Law of Narrative Causality can defy DG for long. Great work.
Queen Isabella chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Thanks for that little heart attack there. Seriously, my screen was only showing to the end of that paragraph, and I thought that was it, and that I was going to have to strangle you. But I'm glad that I don't because A)It would be a long plane ride and B) then you couldn't finish the game night series.
Point of clarification: Who is the disgruntled looking man? Somebody we know or just a nameless guard?
forestofmyown chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I LOVE the tone in this :) Very nicely done, flows wonderfully You had me worried there for a minute about that happy ending I wanted, but now all is well!
Randompersonality chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
Awwwwww! this is a really cute fairy-tale-esq story. bravo!
katdemon1895 chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
oh thank goodness, when I saw the title I was a little freaked out for a moment, yay for DG! yay for happy endings!