Reviews for Ship of the Line: Humanities Loss
Darkcloudalpha chapter 1 . 4/2
Wasn't a bad first chapter for the concept. You should do a sequel or a second chapter )
arturus chapter 1 . 3/16
Another great 'what if?'
tkioz chapter 1 . 1/26
Very interesting start, would love to see where you take it. Hint, hint.
erik chapter 1 . 1/16
Another epic opening.
crazy story man. groovy
Twylyte chapter 1 . 12/29/2013
Oh my word... I seriously hope you write more of this. Combining BtVS with Star Trek *and* Stargate? Wow. That the military assumes they're aliens who inspired Star Trek and have been pretending to be humans is intriguing, and going to be hard to explain.
An incredible beginning, I'd love to see where you go with this.
-Twy
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 1 . 12/15/2013
For a story with a single chapter so far, this one has so many good ideas and intriguing concepts that it’s an absolute tragedy there isn’t more of it.
Starting with the fascinating idea of Xander and Jenny being the ones to undergo the permanent transformation from Halloween, you go on to create a fascinating exploration of how they adapt to having acquired such an exceptional ship so suddenly, to say nothing of their own transformations and how they cope with them.
While I was initially uncertain about your use of both ‘Stargate’ and ‘Smallville’ in this universe, you handle it well by emphasising the fact that all three characters are still relatively ‘young’ in their method of doing things, thus ensuring that nobody will try and ‘dominate’ the situation by assuming that they know best about anything they might encounter, but instead be willing to work with each other to learn more about this brave new world they’re all becoming aware of.
Hope you’re planning on continuing this some day; the various plot threads you’ve left hanging are far too fascinating NOT to be followed up (The Scoobies joining forces with the SGC and/or both groups helping Clark investigate his origins are just the most obvious possibilities presented right now)…
Sadie chapter 1 . 10/3/2013
Fascinating. Hope your muse brings you back this way someday.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/26/2013
Please update this story again soon! Can't wait!
tarrangar chapter 1 . 8/13/2013
love the story its really good please continue it
wy chapter 1 . 7/3/2013
Wasn't this challenge suppose to center around Xander? Not Jenny Calendar? Buffy authors can't even follow simple directions, it seems.
merchantofam chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
This is an interesting read, but I believe you may have bitten more than you can chew at the moment. You have a Buffy/Star Trek crossover, which already has a wide range of scenarios to play with. But with the addition of Stargate and Smallville/Marvel, it seems a bit too much. Based on your work over at TtH and long periods of hiatus between chapters, I had hoped your stories would start small-as in stick with one crossover-and get the steam rolling. Then if you had a good story, add in more crossovers if it fit (though why the obsession with multi-crossovers I don't know). I am not trying to decry your writing skills, but based on empirical evidence from this site and others I have found very few multi-crossovers that lasted past a few chapters.

Second, Xander's actions while acting as the catalyst for your crossovers are really stilted and forced when I read through the dialogue. I would suggest, slowing down the pace of the story and give Xander and Jenny time to assimilate to their new identities before starting on their new adventures. The need for this is seen in their interactions with SGC, because so far they haven't got a single clue in regards to how to approach the problem besides a flimsy cover story. If Carter or even Daniel were to ask questions about culture or technology, then Giles, Xander or Jenny would have no idea how to answer and the people of SGC are smart enough to pick up on such things.

Xander's in particular don't seem to mesh with his character; he plucks random people from their home and all he says is 'sorry' but their is no guilt that is conveyed by his actions or words. Xander, at least what I remember from the show, may have been impulsive but never callous.

Third, if the computer was searching for alien lifeforms, shouldn't it have detected Seth from Stargate and Kara from Smallville, as well?
TheLandYachtAustin chapter 1 . 6/20/2013
Excellent story! Love your take on this so far! Looking forward to future updates to this soon.
gaul1 chapter 1 . 6/12/2013
Good chapter, keep up the good work, bye
lone wolf blade chapter 1 . 6/8/2013
lol that fits and keep it up