Reviews for Ship of the Line: Humanities Loss
Saul Good chapter 1 . 8/17
Holy. Fucking. Shit. This was fuckin amazing. ive read a a lot of your work and they all stand up on their own. You write incredibly well and I would love to read more of this fic
Dymian chapter 1 . 8/2
Please more please more please more? Please?
hank chapter 1 . 7/15
interesting concept , has potential, I would be interested in seeing more if possible
contact
bogus chapter 1 . 3/22
This fic pretty much sucks. The characters are both weak and out of character. Mentally and emotionally weak with very little willpower or personality or sense of themselves. It's trivial to see your personality leaking through them, you whiny little child, and I don't like it. You're pretty much completely mindless with only two settings: childishly impulsive and dumb as a stone..
Blackholelord chapter 1 . 12/27/2014
Well its not bad for a first chapter. Boy it sucks for Xander, but still couldn't you made him into a science or medical officer than the EMH or even an alien version of those two occupations.
Fizzfaldt chapter 1 . 12/24/2014
I'm liking everything you've written so far
Difdi chapter 1 . 11/2/2014
You have a couple of errors in ths chapter - one technological, the other a case of poor phrasing.

The technlogical error has to do with cellular telephones and the speed of light. The Moon is 1.3 light seconds from the Earth. This means that a radio signal, sich as those used by satellites and the cellular network takes 1.3 seconds to travel each way. This causes a significant lag time when communicating over such a distance. While subspace communications are effectively instantaneous over distances under 100 light years, 20th century Earth communications can't receive them.

The phrasing error has to do with Xander ordering things from the replicator system. Xander is recognized as the ship's EMH, in other words a medical doctor. The computer could certainly produce a glass of Coca-Cola, but the word 'coke' does not necessarily refer to that beverage, especially not in common 25th century usage. Coke can be Coca-Cola, a type of coal or, as is most likely when the computer is fulfilling an order by a DOCTOR, cocaine!

The computer is likely to ask for clarification, much as it did with the Twinkies, but if it does not and simply assumes that it should provide the most likely substance a medical hologram would order replicated, it would produce a white powder, not a brown beverage. Given the security access of an EMH in the absence of a Chief Medical Officer, it wouldn't even ask for command permission before producing the drug.
Beloved Daughter chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
Man is this an awesome story! I love it to pieces! You could do anything with this story, plot wise. I know it's been quite some time since you last updated, but still... :)
The Sithspawn chapter 1 . 7/28/2014
Great beginning, really wish there was more to it :(

Hope you will add more to this someday :)
Obi1Nemogbr chapter 1 . 7/27/2014
Great start. I hope you have another chapter sometime.

I would think that they would have other crew members. Jonathan and Andrew perhaps? There would have been others running around in Star Trek uniforms.
andrewjameswilliams chapter 1 . 7/4/2014
Nice story here man. You should continue it.
Darkcloudalpha chapter 1 . 4/2/2014
Wasn't a bad first chapter for the concept. You should do a sequel or a second chapter )
arturus chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Another great 'what if?'
tkioz chapter 1 . 1/26/2014
Very interesting start, would love to see where you take it. Hint, hint.
erik chapter 1 . 1/16/2014