Reviews for Silent Absolution
ABundleOfDaydreams chapter 1 . 6/6/2013
Taipan Kiryu chapter 1 . 11/10/2012
One thing we know for sure about kids’ cartoons is how simply things get fixed in the end, sending to the Pit whatever conflicts in the way in order to keep the ‘happy’ endings flowing. Incomplete would be a better word.

Even though ‘Fire in the sky’ is one of the most memorable episodes of G1, it was very annoying to see the conflict between Starscream and Skyfire treated so shallowly. Okay, we had only 20 minutes per episode, and there were plenty of other characters to focus the stories in, but still, it was annoying to see such a good storyline thrown only to be forgotten or mistreated. That sounds very familiar, right TF Prime?

Anyway, that’s one of the many reasons why finding stories like this is a relief and a pleasure. Aside from the obvious conflict here, it’s the characterization the one that gives the very welcome realism. There are plenty of stories about Starscream and Skyfire – many of them very good – but there will always be space for new takes on the matter. As I said, their conflict is far too complex to solve it with few lines. They would deserve a series of their own.

I’m also with the theory that Skyfire didn’t know his former partner as good as he think he did. At some point he had to realize that he couldn’t position Starscream at both edges of a simple, straight line, in which the two only options were good and evil. Skyfire was a scientist, and as such he had to know that life, and decisions, is a force in continuous movement, and when a war and personal interests are involved, only the dead can remain motionless. Add feelings to the mixture, and things get even more complicated.

Blaming himself is one big mistake from Skyfire. The gears of social discomfort and war were already on the move, so probably things wouldn’t have been very different if he hadn’t crashed in the Arctic; they would have probably got even worse, considering that a confrontation between him and Starscream couldn’t have been avoided when the moment to choose sides came. It was just unavoidable. They were both too different, their goals equally opposite.

I liked how Skyfire reacted to the whole incident. Unlike the other Autobots, he wasn’t used to war, and wasn’t used to even the idea of being a warrior. Being shot must have been traumatic, both for the circumstances in which it happened and for the one who saved him – even though it took Skyfire an eternity to figure things out; both Starscream’s voice and what he said had been extremely crystal clear, even though ghost mode was involved :oP

Anyway, Skyfire is an island amongst the Autobots concerning his feelings. He may be with them and use their insignia, but he’s not one of the boys. It was nice that a much needed friendly hand came from Swoop.

Nice story you guys put up together here. I hope that eventually you will work together again.
Stoprocking chapter 1 . 11/7/2012
Bwhahaha! I love that little drabble with Starscream's ghost going around helping people. It is wonderful. And this continuation? It's just as wonderful. Thank you.
Shadir chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
*Snif* Precious!
silberstreif chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Great inner dialogue of Skyfire. :D And Starscream's arguments all rang true, just as Skyfire's did... and they're both feeling guilty. So much blame going around, so much regret... but that dialogue and apology really helped both of them.
Now they're three (Swoop, Skyfire, Blue). Soon they can create a club "saved by Starscream" - if the alive Starscream ever sees that club he would get a sparkattack. ;)
Balrog Roike chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Love what you made of it.
And Swoop's certainly a lot wiser than one gives him credit for.

Looks as if two mechs (more or less) got some kind of peace back. Perhaps, one day, that peace will be enough for both of them to finally let the past rest.
JenEvan chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
The issues between those two ... can be made into a soap opera xP But that aside, I really liked how you handle them both. Theirs is a really complicated relationship, with so much emotions involved. And somehow, you've always managed to bring those to life :)
Another plus, Swoop's one bot not many would see as smart; and he was the one to realise that Sky's comms where shorted out, and thus won't be able to send for help :)
Nice read, and hope for more :P (despite slacking off myself) :P
9aza chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
I really did enjoy this, from the fear and worry Skyfire felt while immobile, the converstion between him and Starscream, the lack of understanding from the Autobots', and the revelation brought on by Swoop. This was an excellently written story so kudos to you and your co-authors.