Reviews for To Still The Beating Of Her Heart (12th Precinct Castle Halloween Fan)
Anon chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Wonderful !
Freewheeler chapter 1 . 10/28/2012
Love it! Love the Poe references throughout. Love the party...the way the boys figured out the secret and have promised not to tell, and as soon as the secret's out, the telltale heart stops.

Must admit this setting is really similar to my own Halloween fic Summer's End (that didn't make it into the ficathon in time). Be assured I only started reading the ficathon entries *after* I published the first bit of my fic...
Caskett1 chapter 1 . 10/27/2012
Ohhh I absolutely loved this! It's sooo good. I think Kate has a really hard time to keep this from the boys, it's weighing heavily on her conscience. To take her guilt and make it into a Halloween fic à la The Tell-Tale Heart is BRILLIANT! It's even more genius since Castle is all about Poe! Love it! It certainly helps that The Tell-Tale Heart is my favorite short story by Poe! Was the first one I've ever read by him. Sooo creepy but sooo good!
Guest chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
This is so very,VERY good! I love this. :)
Deb838 chapter 1 . 10/24/2012
Lol - this was cute. I liked her panicked state & that the boys worked it out.
BobbingforApples chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
Nice use of Poe and you could practically feel Becketts heart beating.
Austcastlefan chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
This was all kinds of wonderful. I loved how you played with Kate's inner turmoil about not telling the others about their relationship, how it was all for nothing because the boys had already figured it out. And surely by her heading towards the ensuite bathroom through the bedroom, instead of the guest bathroom/powder room, it was a dead giveaway anyway. Castle whispering the poem into Kate's ear was sexy, if not a little sappy, but so Castle. What I wouldn't give to have his whispering into my ear like that. Lol! I also liked how you referenced their past. All in all, a great fic. I really enjoyed it :)
ColieMacKenzie chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
Ugh that Poe story freaked me out when I was young... ;) Cute story; liked the imagery of the weight of their secret, as well as how much she wants to share her happiness.
brookemopolitan chapter 1 . 10/22/2012
oh girrrrrrrlllll. I LOVE it! i really, truly do. I love that it was Kate that let the cat out of the bag (and how I hope it is her that does it on the show)

Truly delicious stuff.
Lydian Stone chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
This was genius! I read it on the porch and you wrote this so poetically parallel to Poe that with every 'caw' I heard while I read, I was expecting a 'nevermore' to follow.
CJtheCregg chapter 1 . 10/21/2012
So good!
I love a good 'party at Chez Castle' fic :)
dtrekker chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
oh, jeez! Poe's beating heart story was what made me a reader back then when dinosaurs roamed the earth and i was young(er) lol
it creeped me out for weeks until i finally decided to re-read
and you captured its essence and managed to make it adorable at the same time!
bonus points for big bro Javi and feeding the birds! :)
mojor chapter 1 . 10/20/2012
Oh, I loved this! The beat of her heart, her love for Castle and the weight of their secret! Great imagery. I found myself laying my own hand on my chest thinking that I could actually feel the pounding of her heart. So cleverly done.
Thank you!
After the comp if I don't already follow you can you please pm me so I can!
purplangel chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
This was beautifully unique. I love that she couldn't hold the secret in any longer as she needed to silence her pounding heart so just throws it out to the boys. I really liked the emotional aspect to this story.
ShotsyGirl chapter 1 . 10/15/2012
Wait...they get to know and not Lanie? I want Lanie's reaction! Cute, though.