Reviews for Panthera Leo
Bluegoat chapter 1 . 8/5/2009
One thing I love about your writing is your restraint. Some people have to write something really sappy and dramatic with a distinct climax or they're not pleased. You don't do this. It's very steady emotionally, while still having something interesting or significant to say.

Squall doesn't think he can love? That's pretty sad. I love how he and Quistis traded words throughout the dialogue.
higher than sky high chapter 1 . 2/12/2006
This was almost painful to read for me... I have a strange feeling in my stomach now. I was almost completely agreeing with Quistis during this.. it felt like I wanted to say what she was saying, that everyone's capable of love. However, all of this made sense to me, until Squall said that Rinoa loved Seifer too... it seemed like my brain froze for a while. Then I read it over and I understood, but it was still... something. I really don't know.
Riona chapter 1 . 1/31/2004
I've never really been good at reviewing pieces like these...
What can I say? I adored it. It was beautiful - it was flawless, really. You are an incredible writer.
ice-princess-squall chapter 1 . 1/28/2004
Curious to know... I always thought that Squall held a very deep respect for Seifer.
Or at least, it seemed that there was *alot* more to their relationship than just the *rivals* theory.
:: Quistis began to speak, but Squall held up a hand to silence her. Quistis followed his gaze to a figure on the plains below, restlessly moving across the grass near the Garden. Pale in the darkness of the nightlit plains, it moved closer and closer to the gleaming building-then, hesitating, began to make its way away.
Seifer, Quistis identified with a breath. He wants to come back. But he doesn’t think he can... not after everything. Was that... pity, she felt? Her heart reached out toward him as he silently retraced his steps away from the Garden, out of sight.
“Just some night ghost,
Kitian chapter 1 . 9/7/2003
The thing I love best about your pieces is how they are all so perfectly in tune with the characters. The pensive, thoughtful mood for this was nice; very Squall-esque. A continuation would be lovely, but I also like it just fine like this.
sapphirenyght chapter 1 . 11/26/2002
I wonder if you will continue this? It sets up a perfectly capable story plot of Squall coming to grips on whether or not his self-induced life of condeming emotions has hindered his capabilities to love and to recognize love. You need not even make this a Squall/Quistis or a Quistis/Seifer. It could just show a blossoming friendship between Squall and Quistis, because in many matters of the heart they are very similiar.

Just some thoughts. Wondering writing by the by. Very nicely done. I hope to see more.
Optical Goddess chapter 1 . 9/25/2002
Hmm, nice little short look at things. I love squall/rinoa, but this also makes sense. With Squall's past, he might have thought he was in love, but now not sure if he CAN love. I'm also glad you didn't end it with him starting to want Quistis or something foolish like that. Squall's feelings take a while to sort out.
KokuryuhaaGirl Too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 8/14/2002
I'm more of a Rinoa and Squall fan, but this set the mood just perfectly. The writing... It was kind of like you could feel it happening instead of it just 'HAPPENING.' I really enjoyed it. I hope you right a sequal or something, or a peice that's similar, because this just REALLY set the mood.
AnteNomad chapter 1 . 7/20/2002
An outstanding short peice, with a mood I absolutely love. The world needs more of whatever the heck you call this sort of writing.
Cailin chapter 1 . 7/20/2002
You should continue this further. This is a great start. But I beg of you, don't make it into a boring old Quiefer/Seiftis. Please!
Bippo chapter 1 . 7/20/2002
I liked this. You created the mood and set the scene very well. You handle description so well . . . "Quistis trailed off, thoughts lost between her lungs and her lips." I love that line. You not only see what's happening, you *feel* it. And that's much more important.
Prince Takeru chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
Well, I liked this, even though I'm more of a supporter of Squall and Rinoa as a couple. It's interesting. A real cliffhanger. She could go for Seifer or Squall.
Flicka chapter 1 . 7/19/2002
Short but sweet. Beautiful and very interesting. I like very much. :)