Reviews for The Straight Road
mara saw chapter 1 . 6/21/2011
Psst. Mary Sues, Gary Stus. Psssst over here. Here is another story for you to enter into.

Mary Sues and Gary Stus: (starts to run into the story) Yay!
somebody chapter 2 . 1/11/2010
Please continue. This is good.
Frodo's sister chapter 2 . 11/28/2004
This is a good friendship story.
Gentle Hobbit chapter 2 . 5/15/2004
This is such a beautiful, *visual* story. You pay such attention to detail, and paint the most rich and compelling images. You also show the various emotions and joys Sam experiences, those of reunion, exploration, discovery, reassurance and understanding just as vividly - to the point that I feel as if I were experiencing them first hand, right along with him.
I also love how you paint a Frodo who is at peace, but also grown in wisdom and his own joy. He has clearly changed, yet not, and that is as reassuring to me as a reader, as it was to Sam.
Thank you!
Grimnir chapter 2 . 10/27/2003
Arien, thank you so much for this beautiful story. A lovely continuation of Frodo's and Sam's friendship and a great description of Eressea. Oh, when will my ship leave? I'd like to join :-).

Please continue in some time, will you?
Analyn 100 chapter 2 . 9/20/2003
You mean Sam's not afraid of the water anymore? yippee! Please update soon! I noticed at the into in chapter one it said there would be FOUR chapters. Where are the other 2? Please post them soon! Please! And by soon I DON'T mean in another year!
sayhello chapter 2 . 9/13/2003
You know, it's funny. I just realized it's been a year since this story has been updated... :( You'd think I get a hint and realize it was never going to be updated, but hope dies hard... I just love this whole series of stories, and kept hoping it'd be finished and resolved at some point. Silly me. Sorry. Pay no attention to the gal behind the curtain...
shireling chapter 2 . 3/24/2003
Thank you. What a wonderfully uplifting story. Now every time I finish reading Return of the King I will no longer have to wonder if Frodo found peace.

You have a lovely lyrical style that brings the characters to life. Please keep writing.
Elbereth chapter 2 . 1/22/2003
This has to be one of the most beautiful pieces I've read here. It was truly amazing and a pleasure to read. Thank you so much for writing:)
Lady Cheshire chapter 2 . 12/21/2002
Why on earth did Tolkien leave us dangling when it came to Sam and Frodo's reuninon? Well, I guess it doesn't matter much. Your version is very well done, you could probably best Tolkien in this area, I'll bet. Great work! It's still making me cry.
shirebound chapter 2 . 10/15/2002
How did I miss seeing this chapter? Such wonderful, wonderful images. The fact that Bilbo and Frodo kept at their writing... the letters from home... everyone so happy. oh, Frodo finally being "filled with joy and wisdom." At last, at long last. Oh, this story is just magical. Amazing. Thank you.
Coriandra chapter 1 . 9/24/2002
That was beautiful. Reading that Sam was happy with his family and friends after Frodo left give a sense of assurance that life does indeed go on. And seeing him with Frodo again gives a sense of completion to the story. It could have ended here quite nicely, but I enjoyed part 2 as well.
tachikara chapter 2 . 9/15/2002
wow. *stares blankly at the computer screen, mouth open, trying desperatly to think of something else to say* wow. this is one of the most beautifully written stories i've ever read. i mean...wow. let me tell you there have been very few times in my life that i have been at a loss for words. this is one of them. wonderfull, wonderfull story, Arien!
Mish chapter 2 . 9/12/2002
Oh, yay! What joy to find the next chapter! _ Thank you so very, very much, Arien!

And it was so beautiful, too! *happy sigh* :)

But...but I had a terrible thought as I was reading...

You're not going to write about their *death*, are you?
Ron's Girl chapter 2 . 9/12/2002
A beautiful story - I'm so glad to see a new chapter! You've included so much detail in your descriptions of Eressea, Avallone, the Elves.. everything! Very imaginative.. and the way you've portrayed the tenderness and love between Frodo and Sam, and the Elves affection and respect for them both is so endearing.

I love this story, and look forward to more of Frodo and Sam's adventures together.:)