Reviews for a bonewhite light
usafan2 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
This is so beautifully written. It was a pleasure to read .
Audrey C chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
What an absolutely wonderful story. So well written, spare and elegant. I can totally see things going this way on the show. I would love it if Mary is at least pregnant by the end of Season 3. Spot on characterizations. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this! What a treat! I am gushing!
gvilleguy1124 chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
This was simply wonderful. Great story. The healing of the Crawley family.
Lorca Owen chapter 1 . 10/18/2012
What a terribly sad and heart-wrenching piece! It was very painful to read but definitely worth it.

I misread "first mothers, then sister" as "first mothers, then sisters". I'm not used yet to Mary having only one sister. Realising my mistake felt like a puch to th stomach.

I loved Matthew's interaction with his niece, very touching.
Shanghaied in LaLaLand chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Thank you for this. It's beautiful and cathartic, but difficult to read in places. I find myself stumbling over the sex scene on the night of Sybil's death with a mixture of anticipation and aversion; it's so wrong and so essential at the same time. "[T]hey know what this is and what it isn't." Gah! (Transfix me why don't you?)

It's a fragile piece and probably your bleakest work, but perhaps your most powerful as well.
didyouhaveagoodtime chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
This was so intense and beautiful. It made me cry, but I loved it. Gorgeous writing as always :)
grapeseedy chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Beautiful, absolutely beautiful. Grief is such a powerful thing. I love how you always manage to portray such emotion in your fics, without ever describing it with words. Simply wonderful.
R. Grace chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Agh! So beautiful and perfect! I can't stop crying now. Thank you so much for sharing.
athena10867 chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
I always love your stories and this one even more because it really hit close to home. There was a time in my family where at the same time one was dying another member was to be added and it did make things a little easier.
GhostIsland chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Wow. A stunning portrayal of grief and loss and the things that heal us. :( I ADORE the sad, twisted, grief-filled pain of their first encounter (Matthew remembering soldiers, sigh) - something they both need, but neither of them want. I love how you break them apart (as grief always does) only to reunite them, and the wonderful revelation that they never really left each other. The tableau of family waiting together for Mary at the end, generations - just phenomenal imagery. A truly powerful piece, how grief darkens us and then one morning, life simply goes on. :) Brave, poignant, raw and real - amazing. :) Keep writing! :D
flamedash chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
This is amazing. All of it.
sasita747 chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
So beautiful, dark and rich story that draws vivid pictures in a few precious sentences. Stunning work!
k8schmate chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
i have now read this three times, i'll probably read it a few more times. i think this progression is what i am anticipating for the rest of the series- how can they move forward? i hope this sense of drowning that so many must feel is not glossed over. to do the death justice the remaining episodes should be very somber which should be interesting but anything less would be wrong imo.

but if not, this is perfect.

i loved the insight into the girls as babies- a parent really can pick up traits that will define a person at a young age. the tension is palpable throughout and i thought your characterization of mary was perfect (it always is). matthew's relief at finding her again was beautiful.

and with that, my first review.
Elodie chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
Very, very, very good read, very complex, very philanthropic and as always very beautifully written (from the choice of words to the clever syntax to the fine imagery). All the best for your finger!
OrangeShipper chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
What a dark, compelling, fascinating piece! A very dark road to take them down, and I'm so glad they came out of it in the light - gah. Such a powerful observation, the moment they both equate sex to death, that was wonderful... awww, poor babies. Wonderful writing as always!
41 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »