Reviews for The Never-ending Road
SheLitAFire chapter 80 . 7/7/2018
Just brief little moments like this are perfection and why your story stands out among the greats.
"Snape flung his cloak at the rack, missed, and didn't seem to notice it had ended up in a heap on the floor. Remus was in no mood to care about cloaks."
SheLitAFire chapter 69 . 7/1/2018
Oh how I love Snape's inner Hufflepuff.
SheLitAFire chapter 17 . 6/21/2018
So I'm rereading this lovely story while I wait for your updates and I thought about this the first time I read it, but now I'm sure of it, Tonks is the old hag at the beginning of this chapter, right? She's Auror testing. Bloody brilliant to introduce her this early on (I know you do later at the Quidditch World Cup). I wish I could write like you!
Musings chapter 1 . 6/20/2018
Self insert garbage that whitewashes Snape's terrible attitude and behaviour. Fangirl drivel, hard pass.
violetinthewater chapter 60 . 6/16/2018
this is my fourth time reading this fic and each time I try to find new thingsthis re read, unfortunately, I forgot to pinpoint the exact chapter in which Harry picks up Snape's swearing, but I guess that's for next time hehe.
I think this is when Harry finally falls in love with Snape. she realizes it during the ball and maybe her crush started during the summer between 2nd and 3rd year, but I believe she fell in love with him when she saw this scene, solidifying her crush into something more and in such a way that carried over even when she forgot.
excessivelyperky chapter 83 . 6/13/2018
Of course Remus made his confession to Harriet; everyone was put on earth to make him feel better, after all, because he's the only victim in the entire world.

Harriet has learned that she loves people who tortured Snape (and have shown no sign of ever regretting it). As ever, she chooses the people that she's with, well, because reasons. After all, it couldn't have been *that* bad, right? And after all, it's *Snape* (which to some fans automatically make it ok).

Perhaps Remus should pay attention to finding his new name, and he seems to be acting for a change rather than wait around to see if someone will rescue him. That's an improvement over canon right there.

And yes, Hermione is a far better friend to Harriet than Lily ever was to Severus.
Lamelinam chapter 90 . 6/3/2018
"her mother's hand had passed straight through her because she wasn't really there; she was gone, they were all gone, and she and Hermione had been alone; and she had known all along that no one could protect her from Voldemort, no one,"... Tears came to my eyes at this chapter. Damn, this chapter was too powerful.

"Dumbledore, a sense of power both benevolent and grim" i've think you've really managed to grasp the essence of him.

"Professor McGonagall put her arms around her. Harriet went still. The howling thing in her chest roiled. She had never been held like this, as if by a mother. Her mother couldn't, because she was smoke and phoenix song."
...
Okay.

I bawled.
Lamelinam chapter 89 . 6/3/2018
This chapter... turned me into an emotional wreck. You mad genius, writer... !
I think the moment that made me cry buckets and buckets of tears was when Harriet remembered her mom's letter, and imagined her voice telling her to be alright... And the way the Phoenix son echoed her feelings... argh...
Lamelinam chapter 78 . 6/2/2018
I love your characterization of Dumbledore... complex, compassionate, as intelligent as he should be as the chessmaster that he is... he is a complex character to write, because he manipulates people for what he thinks is right, but he also cares for them.

I marvel at the idea of putting Inner Houses voices inside Severus's head. that reminds us, again, if we need me, that no one is unidimensional. Quite the opposite. We all know that Snape would have done well in Griffyndor. But thank you for adding here a Hufflepuff and a Ravenclaw.
Lamelinam chapter 72 . 6/2/2018
I despise the Snape/Harry ship... usually.

You can be proud of yourself : this story is so masterfully crafted, the character development so very well done, the slow-burn romance achingly well constructed, and your writing style... astounding ! That congratulations ! I'm hooked and this is one of my favourite fic now; XD
KuddleKorn chapter 92 . 5/29/2018
Amazing writing, plot and character development. Thank you so much for not giving up on this outstanding work! I loved all of it and will gladly move on to the sequel.
Guest chapter 40 . 5/29/2018
finally, now we will see what is the happinest moment of our girl life
Usagi Lemons chapter 1 . 5/9/2018
Can I just say this is going to be a long review. I don't know if you'll read this but here goes:
I started reading this only two days ago and I have no been able to stop. I've visited it today, I wasn't going to review but, I decided to come back and review anyway.
I'm honestly blown away, I have no words from your beautiful writing to the character development. I've never read a girl Harry before nor have I ever been interested in it before. But man oh man, am I glad I gave this a try. I've been in a Rollercoaster of emotions, I've cried, I've gotta super excited, I've laughed on the bus, because I'm reading this.

It's incredible. And I aspire to be a great writer like you. When I hit 60 Chapters in a short time I panicked. Knowing that this will end eventually. I was happy to find you had another continuing story and I will support strongly! Please, do no leave me hanging. I don't think I'll actually bare it. I'm in love.

And thank you for this amazing story!
Guest chapter 53 . 4/5/2018
Jesus Christ, I fucking hate Snape. I thought I'd give this a try and see how it goes but holy shit, the dude just does not get any better at all. Well, I tried.
excessivelyperky chapter 82 . 4/1/2018
Let's see, Snape is concerned about Harriet's physical safety in a world where half of it is hunting her, while Remus is concerned with her feelings. Notice who is actually effective. How long would Harriet have been trapped with a bad ankle if Remus had had his way? Calling Remus useless is kind of redundant at this point, Snape should just have taken her to Madam Pomfrey instead.

But of course Remus is *so* good at playing the Victim Card, Harriet nearly forgets how Snape was tortured and is makes excuses for him instead, the way that everyone but Severus does. She's even ok with Remus letting Sirius run around *before* he knew Sirius was innocent.

Of course Sirius is going to comfort Remus and make him feel all better. After all, that's what everyone (but Severus) does for Remus. Poor, poor Remus.
3,534 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »