Reviews for Lineage
00 chapter 52 . 4/3
IS THIS ANOTHER DEAD STORY; HOW SAD.
chyaraskiss chapter 52 . 3/8
Came back for a re-read. I am still sniffling and wiping tears away. I hope someday you come back a finish this. I kind of want her to end up with Blaise. :D
apester chapter 52 . 1/25
Just found this and read through it all in one go. Hooked and hope you update one day.
I enjoyed the idea of the story it was something I hadn't read before what with Draco dead and discovery of his family after death. It's been pleasantly gut wrenching knowing they can't work things out in the end amd seeing their disfunctional relationship play out but I'm invested for alex.
Love narcissa here I think you have her written very well and I've enjoyed seeing the struggle of her and Lucius prejudice while having the love for her son and grandson. I've enjoyed your other side characters as well. Later chapters of alex have been more enlightening and enjoyable I like seeing him with some spark and acting more his age expressing opinions arguing with mom and not just clinging to her incessantly though I get those were emotional times for him earlier in the story.
The only one I can't wrap around here is hermione. Normally she's a favorite and I get every author writes characters differently and she'd change based on experiences but she's been so rash and judgmental when normally logical and pragmatic. At times even even just mean and I feel for Draco here,since she's put him down to their kid and hasn't appeared to give them a chance as a true couple to work, though I know he has other issues too.
That being said I really enjoyed reading through this so thank to for posting and sharing it and like I said I hope for an update
kirsant chapter 1 . 9/28/2017
Honestly, this story gets difficult to read by the final chapters, and I mean that in the best way possible. You obviously put a lot of work into in - the writing is exceptional - but, as time moves forward and the flashbacks progress, Hermione and Draco's relationship begins to deteriorate... and we know how depressingly that ends. There's no great finale for them, no happily ever after. It makes me sad.

Nevertheless, I would love to be able to finish this fic, possibly to see an amicable relationship emerge between Draco's parents and Hermione. As a side note, I think you wrote Lucius and Narcissa so well - retaining their prejudice and yet forced to confront the girl they despise, they feel so real. I think that they're beginning to change, however, and it would be so nice to witness that transformation to its end. So, although the reward is intangible, I'd really urge you to finish this work. It's really great!
kirsant chapter 42 . 9/26/2017
Hermione's vision with Draco and Eliza was just so heart-wrenching...
kirsant chapter 35 . 9/26/2017
At times, I feel really sorry for Draco. There were moments - like with the quidditch comment about his seeker qualities - that Hermione was downright mean to him. Then, of course, she ended up pushing him away after her miscarriage and slept with her neighbor. That must have a been a kick in the gut for him, although, of course, it wasn't technically cheating since they weren't in a monogamous... well, they weren't in any relationship by that point except for caring for Alex.

This is such a character-driven story, so fantastic. Thank you for writing!
kirsant chapter 26 . 9/26/2017
This is such a great story, and the first scene in this chapter, where Hermione informs Alex of his father's death, is just so vivid, it was hard to read. I actually experienced a bout of irrational hatred for Hermione at that point; hatred for her inability to overcome her distrust of Draco and let him form a real family with them. Maybe things would have turned out differently then.

Reading on, I keep wishing that this isn't a tragedy, that there still is some mechanism by which Draco can return, but it's wishful thinking. He's gone, and that's just life, and you wrote it out so wonderfully!
ntalcenent chapter 52 . 9/9/2017
A very curious story, despite not really caring for general romance fics this is interesting and enjoyable. I think it is the flashbacks are countered by the angst and suspense of Hermione's dealings with the Malfoy's grandparental units. Alex is just a normal boy but I am wondering what Draco could have done to be gone from his portrait? Has he decided to try to reach Salem? or is it a form of portraitcide?

Well, hope Theo doesn't keep after Hermione and glad Blaise has such a good head on his shoulders as to be a good uncle to Alex. Luna is awesome and she would be an incredibly fun godmother.

Life with Harry and Ginny should be at least bearable until they come through with her Visa.
janefanatic chapter 52 . 3/17/2017
Oh, I do hope you end up finishing the story! It's so good and angsty! It was nice to see Ginny and Harry this chapter. Regardless of whether or not you finish it, I'm glad you wrote what you did, and doubly glad to have read it. I know it's been over 2 and 1/2 years since your last update (on Harry's birthday, no less!) but I have hope of another update sometime. I've read stories that have had a hiatus that lasted years before being finished. Thanks for sharing!
janefanatic chapter 51 . 3/17/2017
You succeeded in making me cry, not once, not twice, but three times during this chapter! Kudos to you! My boyfriend was in the Marines, and he never fought in Iraq, but he did serve in Afghanistan. I cried for Dennis, and then I cried for all of our heroes who died and who came back with damaged lives, and thinking about Casseopia makes me cry every time. I'm surprised more people didn't vote for Theodore because, as you say, he DID save Hermione's life. And did Hermione do something to destroy Draco's portrait, or did he do it himself? It was rather selfish of his parents to make a portrait against his wishes, but I would have stuck around for a year or so, long enough to give them some closure and answer any of my mother's questions! Thanks for sharing!
janefanatic chapter 48 . 3/16/2017
You really earned the angst tag with this chapter!
janefanatic chapter 47 . 3/16/2017
This was probably my favorite chapter yet. Thanks for sharing!
janefanatic chapter 44 . 3/16/2017
Wait, why is Draco's portrait mad?
janefanatic chapter 43 . 3/16/2017
I'm glad the portrait is there, but also sad because of it? It just emphasizes that Draco's really gone.
janefanatic chapter 42 . 3/16/2017
That scene with Draco broke my heart. And Cassiopeia? A perfect name!