Reviews for When the Tides Come In
Amazing, please update soon
Great job with the story! I'm sad you dropped this but your efforts were amazing. Thank you for this wonderful story. :)
MeisterJohnny chapter 17 . 5/7
A shame that you dropped this fiction. But it was a good read, so thank you for that.

I am confused/angered about Marine Luffy, Akainu, Kizaru.
On one hand Marine Luffy says his other self is a murderer who will kill them all. Then he says his other selfs kill count is by about 5. In the end he is afraid of change and tries to stop/murder him?!
Marine Luffy is very stupid, unrational, etc.
Marines are murderers too, especially Akainu. Marine Luffy even put an innocent Zoro in Impel Down. So he is a veeeeery big hypocrite.
They are in a four way war and brought him from a fucking alternative dimension. It was the idea and doing of the Marines. Sengoku should have these 3 individuals on a tighter leash. Pirate King Luffy is on their site and they can send him back. They don't need a 5 way war.
Someone else wrote this too: Marine Luffy and Pirate King Luffy should just talk everything out. I am sure Marine Luffy couldn't hate him if he tells about how Shaks saved his life, lost his arm, didn't kill/charge him for eating their devil fruit,... how he beat Alvida, Buggy, Kuro, Krieg, Arlong, Warpol, Crocodile, Moria, ... how many lifes he saved. Not to forget that he never targted innocents in contrast to Marine Luffy. Really fucked up.
Back to Marine Luffy, Kizaru, Akainu... I am pretty sure Garp and Sengoku would forbid them from harming Luffy. So why the hell do they go against their boss to kill their allie? I don't get it...
Well it was a great story all in all. Glad you wrote it
BraveVesperia chapter 12 . 5/3
This story is interesting but its angsty for angst sake. All the drama feels incredibly forced and unneccesary especially ehen you consider the source material. Earth 2 luffy is being a dick for verry little reason when a simple conversation between the two would solve most issues. I think this story would have been better off with a lighter tone than the direction your taking it.
Will I see a luna ending please?
D3lph0xL0v3r chapter 7 . 4/30
SOOOOO... MARINE! LUFFY AND PIRATE KING! LUFFY ATTACKED EACH OTHER LIKE TWO MALE BETTA FISH(OR LIKE 1 BETTA FISH IN FRONT OF A MIRROR)!
LongPastMidnight chapter 17 . 4/30
thank you for the heads up and the closure
Esaki Nalex chapter 17 . 4/29
It makes me sad that you won't be continuing this! I was really looking forward to everyone in Marine!Luffy's world meeting the Strawhats! But I do hope things get better for you! All the best for you! 3
hachinonana chapter 10 . 4/28
Ricka's one of my favorite characters in this fic. She's so caring
huskylover149 chapter 17 . 4/28
I appreciate you doing this for us, I understand how you feel and wish the best for your peace of mind. Thank you for your contribution.
Aqua468 chapter 17 . 4/28
Well, okay then. I always thought it would've been cool to have run into Shanks and have the whole WHY DO YOU HAVE MY HAT thing, but any update for this is already overwhelmingly amazing, so it's alright.

PLEASE KNOW THAT THIS HAS BEEN ONE OF MY FAVORITE FANFICTIONS JUST ABOUT EVER ANd I'm sad to see it unfinished but I'm happy I got more!

Thank you so much for writing this, it was greatly enjoyed.
ParrotsRAmazing chapter 17 . 4/28
First of all, thanks for the update. Given the amount of time I already figured this fic wouldn't be finished, but I appreciate the extra chapters. I would rather read something you feel inspired to write than having you struggle with a fanfict that you feel you've written into a corner. I've definitely been there before what with trying to outline a plot only to realize my inspiration was more 'this scene would be awesome.' I swear someday I will have enough to be worth posting (hopefully). I really did love this story though. There is something about uber powerful Luffy, alive Ace, and ASL that is just awesome. I still would like to read reactions Luffy's crew coming through the portal and shocking everyone if you ever feel like adding more oneshots to this AU. Just keep writing and I'll keep reading (provided I'm familiar with the fandom.)
Miyu Hinamori chapter 16 . 4/28
This was the least of them because it feels a bit scrambled. They're good pieces and technically they should fit together, but there's something missing.
Garp's piece was my favorite.
Alsi Zoro's reaction to Kizaru defeated