Reviews for The World News Archive
Mercenary Flyer chapter 6 . 10/11/2013
It always did occur to me that there would still be plenty of bad blood between Osea and Yuktobania because of the War. Nice touch on addressing that.

I mean despite the Belkan involvement, those were still YUKTOBANIAN planes bombing St. Hewlett and Sand Island, those were still YUKTOBANIAN Spetnaz (?) that shot up all those people in Apito.

Meanwhile those were OSEAN soldiers carving a swath through Yuktobanian, even bringing the war to Cinigrad itself (which I can easily imagine turning into a modern day Stalingrad).

Plus Belka being a mess, and the fact that the Estovakian Civil War is still raging and a whole host of other issues popping their ugly heads up. All and all Strangereal's a bit of a mess right now. That's just including the canon stuff!

Well, I at least think you diplomatic talk sounds fine, though I might not be the most unbiased source when it comes to your work.

Also next chapter of Memoirs when?
Mercenary Flyer chapter 5 . 3/22/2013
Not too much I can say here. Just more set up for your universe, though much of it won't be relevant until later in Memoirs.

Feels just like a magazine article, which I imagine is what you'were going for.
Mercenary Flyer chapter 4 . 1/24/2013
Grasyanos, I remember Ricardo mentioning that term, so this is his home nation then?

The idea of foreign troops camping in your backyard rarely goes down well. Especially in our world, conflicts between teh soldiers and the local population is inevitable.

I must admit those are some nice promises, made by the new government. But the question is will they be able to pull it off?
Mercenary Flyer chapter 3 . 12/3/2012
One thing: I thought the name of the Mercenary company that Ustio hired was Axe and Hammer or am I completely wrong?

The thing about mercenaries and soldiers is pretty true. Even in our world the line between the two was rather blurred. One example was Middle ages Switzerland, in which the Swiss Cantons hired out their local militias as their primary sources of revenue.

The whole era of peace thing is a bit of a sham when you think about it. It left thousands of soldiers without jobs, and literally just an ocean over, a full scale conflict breaks outs lasting two years and in Estovakia a major civil war takes place lasting over half a decade. Add to the numerous smaller conflicts that must have broken out in the AC, and you see the time between AC0 and AC5 was about as peaceful as our world in the 1990's.

About that last sentence, do you mean that literally? Is Cipher still around in 2017?
Mercenary Flyer chapter 1 . 10/17/2012
Interesting. Something tells me Seiller's name is going to come up a lot during Gennette's portion of Memoirs. I like the things that flesh out the world just a little more. Grunder has its fingers everywhere apparently. It would explain how the Grey Men were able to accomplish what they did.

On North Belka, I always thought it was its own seperate country. But apparently it was dominated by Yuktobania. Does that mean Osea and Yuktobania carved Belka up after the war. From this I am getting shades of North and South Korea in our world. Although not quite as antagonistic.

Newfield as Japan, how'd you come to that conclusion? I've always thought of North Point as Great Britain, going off of Zaku's stuff.