Reviews for Just Like Old Times
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 26 . 4/9
Perfecta selección del nombre de cada capitulo.
Adecuada conexión con las otras historias.
Y detallada descripción sobre el desarrollo del perfil psicológico de Garrus desde su infancia.

Es decir... Excelente trabajo! 3
Riladell chapter 4 . 2/17
Oh God only 4 chapters and I'm already in love with this fanfic. I suppose its just how you describe Shepard and Garrus - so close to themselves in games, these are definitely are two people who I fall in love with during my playthrough, and now I just want to hug them both and tell them that everything's gonna be ok and that they are the two most wonderful creatures in the universe. And I would maybe even cry a little. Emotions, all that, you know. I must admit I replayed the final mission the next day because my first choice was Control and for the whole 24 hours I couldn't decide what was killing me worse - the necessity to resign myself to the fact that my beloved Shepard is dead or the thought of one absolutely miserable and lonely turian who had just lost his best friend and his only love. Thats how I love them. I sacrificed the whole geth population and EDI for fuck's sake so these two had a chance for happiness (I'm a little bit ashamed but definitely happy).
And this is my weird way telling you that your Garrus and Shepard are imho the best ones among all fanfics written by other authors, and I've read A LOT of them :)
RheasHelm chapter 26 . 10/8/2014
I don't really think "Zeitgeist" is what the last chapter is about, but otherwise it was a good ending to an excellent story. The division of each chapter into a part that explored Garrus' (pre-Normandy) past and a second, corresponding part about his present with Shepard was a great idea (except in chapter 20, there the 2nd part was essentially without Shepard, which was a bit strange).
It was funny that even at a very young age, Garrus was already battling red tape and The Rules getting in the way of properly punishing criminals, or bullies, as it were.
His changing relationship with his sister, as well as the dynamics at his home, were quite interesting. As was the glimpse into the Turian school system - war games and learning how to kill aliens (even allies like the Elcor) at age 11?
Some good lines - "the creature wearing doctor Chakwas's face", "Gardner war busy preparing something Garrus was happy he couldn't eat", "I had to listen to Dr. T'Soni talk about Prothean artifacts for an hour"...
Does Mordin actually say in the game "Suggest mood music and alcohol. Prevalent parts of Human mating ritual. Familiar. Safe."?
Garrus seems to have no luck with women - first Aleena gets killed just as he starts to not be in love with her, then Shepard, and then Shepard again. Probably.
Shepard bitching about Liara only being truly rattled about the Reapers when they finally attack her home planet was a bit unfair, I thought.
ayanamimi chapter 26 . 5/15/2014
Woah, I'm crying again. Such a wonderful piece. I think I'm going to be a depressive wreck by the time I have read all of your fics.
Jarris Shepard chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
absolutely wonderful so far...only up to chap 11. I don't often leave reviews, but your portrayal of Garrus is brilliant. This is rapidly rocketing to my favorite fic in the ME verse and that includes my own.
ChaosAngel4us chapter 26 . 4/14/2014
This was fantastic! I liked the semi-open ending and the way you write Garrus is brilliant. So completely accurate. Fantastic job!
Femshepn7 chapter 3 . 1/15/2014
Gawwus OMFG soooooo cute!
Elisa chapter 26 . 1/3/2014
I would cry, but a handful of dust gives me hope3 Just beautiful Tarysande, you should be proud of your writing abilities
scipunx chapter 26 . 1/2/2014
I loved reading your portrayal of Garrus growing up into the turian he is in ME. The little vignettes and snapshots of his past contrasting with the present was a really nice touch. I'll be sure to read your other fics. c:
Riptide Monzarc chapter 26 . 12/15/2013
This is a wonderful story, along with 'Something Like Home', which I read in between two chapters of this one. Now I'm off to dig through 'Life Signs' as well. I think it's interesting that you don't ever have Garrus say Shepard's full name, either.
Christine chapter 16 . 12/2/2013
Wow. I mean, wow. Gonna have to read this again to pick apart all the pieces. Wow.
stupidgoats chapter 26 . 11/20/2013
What?! It just ends like that?! You're last update was February 20 and you just end with this?! I loved these anecdotes, so why don't you give a happy ending to it? Or at least closure? Please?
IamFrog chapter 26 . 8/31/2013
Finally finished this one. Best thing ever. Bravo.
Orchidellia chapter 26 . 7/6/2013
Oh, this was brilliant. I enjoyed each and every chapter. Well, well done.
R3aper chapter 26 . 3/16/2013
MY FEELS. MY FEELS HURT SO MUCH.

Such an amazing ending. I waiting a while before reading this. And every minute was completely worth it.

It was an amazing journey that you took me on. Thank you.

Now, back to my calibrations...