Reviews for Just Like Old Times
idiotbx3 chapter 26 . 6/23
Can I just say I've been bringing on your stories and that you write beautifully.
NatShinigami chapter 26 . 4/6
To say I love your writing would be an understatement. The feelings you bring: the joy, the hope, the grief and the pain... Some developers and writers could learn a thing or two from your character building. The tales you tell, sometimes known, sometimes new share a deepness and a feeling many writers aren't even able to graze.
Watching the story from Garrus' point of view is always a nice turn, but to actually see snippets of his past, of events that shaped him into the person he is in Mass Effect is not only awesome, but also a genius work.
And most of all, you always let me either crying or in deep melancholy. I feel like if I had been there with these awesome characters you gave voice, living their downsides and I just can't help it. I wish my writing could someday inspire into others what you inspire on me.
Keep writing girl, I will follow you into hell and back.
Flynne chapter 16 . 8/8/2015
I love this chapter. Once again, love the parallel between young Garrus and ME!Garrus. And I like what you did with Thane. Also, I've enjoyed reading the interactions between Garrus and some of the other crew, Jack in particular.
Flynne chapter 4 . 8/7/2015
Eee I am loving this story! I've found some of the stuff you posted on tumblr, and I was excited to find you here! I really like how you've paired stories about tiny!Garrus with stuff about adult/ME!Garrus in each chapter. It gives the story movement, and couples something new and headcanon-y with something familiar. I also really like the way you've written Garrus' mom. I'm sure I'll have more to say later, but I couldn't read any further without leaving some sort of squee. XD
Elizabeth.Electrica chapter 26 . 4/9/2015
Perfecta selección del nombre de cada capitulo.
Adecuada conexión con las otras historias.
Y detallada descripción sobre el desarrollo del perfil psicológico de Garrus desde su infancia.

Es decir... Excelente trabajo! 3
Riladell chapter 4 . 2/17/2015
Oh God only 4 chapters and I'm already in love with this fanfic. I suppose its just how you describe Shepard and Garrus - so close to themselves in games, these are definitely are two people who I fall in love with during my playthrough, and now I just want to hug them both and tell them that everything's gonna be ok and that they are the two most wonderful creatures in the universe. And I would maybe even cry a little. Emotions, all that, you know. I must admit I replayed the final mission the next day because my first choice was Control and for the whole 24 hours I couldn't decide what was killing me worse - the necessity to resign myself to the fact that my beloved Shepard is dead or the thought of one absolutely miserable and lonely turian who had just lost his best friend and his only love. Thats how I love them. I sacrificed the whole geth population and EDI for fuck's sake so these two had a chance for happiness (I'm a little bit ashamed but definitely happy).
And this is my weird way telling you that your Garrus and Shepard are imho the best ones among all fanfics written by other authors, and I've read A LOT of them :)
RheasHelm chapter 26 . 10/8/2014
I don't really think "Zeitgeist" is what the last chapter is about, but otherwise it was a good ending to an excellent story. The division of each chapter into a part that explored Garrus' (pre-Normandy) past and a second, corresponding part about his present with Shepard was a great idea (except in chapter 20, there the 2nd part was essentially without Shepard, which was a bit strange).
It was funny that even at a very young age, Garrus was already battling red tape and The Rules getting in the way of properly punishing criminals, or bullies, as it were.
His changing relationship with his sister, as well as the dynamics at his home, were quite interesting. As was the glimpse into the Turian school system - war games and learning how to kill aliens (even allies like the Elcor) at age 11?
Some good lines - "the creature wearing doctor Chakwas's face", "Gardner war busy preparing something Garrus was happy he couldn't eat", "I had to listen to Dr. T'Soni talk about Prothean artifacts for an hour"...
Does Mordin actually say in the game "Suggest mood music and alcohol. Prevalent parts of Human mating ritual. Familiar. Safe."?
Garrus seems to have no luck with women - first Aleena gets killed just as he starts to not be in love with her, then Shepard, and then Shepard again. Probably.
Shepard bitching about Liara only being truly rattled about the Reapers when they finally attack her home planet was a bit unfair, I thought.
ayanamimi chapter 26 . 5/15/2014
Woah, I'm crying again. Such a wonderful piece. I think I'm going to be a depressive wreck by the time I have read all of your fics.
Jarris Shepard chapter 1 . 4/28/2014
absolutely wonderful so far...only up to chap 11. I don't often leave reviews, but your portrayal of Garrus is brilliant. This is rapidly rocketing to my favorite fic in the ME verse and that includes my own.
ChaosAngel4us chapter 26 . 4/14/2014
This was fantastic! I liked the semi-open ending and the way you write Garrus is brilliant. So completely accurate. Fantastic job!
Femshepn7 chapter 3 . 1/15/2014
Gawwus OMFG soooooo cute!
Elisa chapter 26 . 1/3/2014
I would cry, but a handful of dust gives me hope3 Just beautiful Tarysande, you should be proud of your writing abilities
scipunx chapter 26 . 1/2/2014
I loved reading your portrayal of Garrus growing up into the turian he is in ME. The little vignettes and snapshots of his past contrasting with the present was a really nice touch. I'll be sure to read your other fics. c:
Riptide Monzarc chapter 26 . 12/15/2013
This is a wonderful story, along with 'Something Like Home', which I read in between two chapters of this one. Now I'm off to dig through 'Life Signs' as well. I think it's interesting that you don't ever have Garrus say Shepard's full name, either.
Christine chapter 16 . 12/2/2013
Wow. I mean, wow. Gonna have to read this again to pick apart all the pieces. Wow.